All of you that want to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Jacksonville have found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Jacksonville like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in town.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on our favorite desserts around the Southeast at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Jacksonville or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Mayday Ice Cream San Marco at 1432 Hendricks Ave
- Marble Slab Creamery at 2000 Hendricks Ave
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice at 9891-6 San Jose Blvd
- Bruster’s Real at 9590 Applecross Rd #108
- Dreamette at 3646 Post St
- Five Fx Ice Cream at 9802 Baymeadows Rd #6
- sweetFrog at 4413 Town Center Pkwy #218
- Whit’s Frozen Custard of Avondale at 3545 St Johns Ave
- Yobe at 8635 Blanding Blvd
- Tasty Creamery at 6625 Argyle Forest Blvd #8
- Maggie D’s Ice Cream at 2219 County Rd 220 #310, Middleburg
- Sweet Frog at 1581-1 County Rd 220 #100, Fleming Island
Marble Slab Creamery creates handcrafted small batch ice creams in your area with over 65 mix ins including fruits, nuts, candies, and cookies while all their treats are produced in house using some of the freshest ingredients.
Over 40 rich and creamy soft ice cream flavors are available at Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
Bruster’s offers a rotating selection of over 24 flavors every day and develops over 150 handmade recipes regularly providing made to order artisan sweets such as thick milkshakes, customized sundaes, candy filled blasts, and crunchy homemade waffle cones and bowls.
Dreamette serves renowned local soft serve ice cream, hand dipped cones, sundaes, and mouthwatering frozen treats including their well known banana split in a cup. They offer vegan, sugar free, and gluten free options too.
You may mix and match more than 80 toppings at SweetFrog to create your own custom flavor of delicious soft serve frozen yogurts.
Fat free frozen yogurts near you can be found at Yobe.
You can also head to places from our other lists including CamiCakes Cupcakes, Smallcakes, and Fantastic Fudge to try some of the best ice cream Jacksonville.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Sweet Theory Baking Co. at 1243 King St
- Amaretti Desserts at 14965 Old St Augustine Rd
- Cinotti’s Bakery-Sandwich Shop at 1523 Penman Rd
- The French Pantry at 6301 Powers Ave
- The Bakery Jax at 4588 San Jose Blvd
- Mumuyi Bakery at 12041 Beach Blvd #12
- Nothing Bundt Cakes at 8635 Blanding Blvd #202A
- Tough Guys Cookies & Sweets at 518 HollyBerry Ln #104, Orange Park
- Caked By The Ocean Bakery at 4748 Southern Pacific Dr
- Sweet Treats By Ivonne at 250 Cherry Ridge Dr
- Crumbl Cookies Oakleaf at 9526 Argyle Forest Blvd #B-6
- Yum A Southern Market at 420 College Dr #110, Middleburg
- Sweet Treats by Jill at 1623 Misty Lake Dr, Fleming Island
Sweet Theory Baking Co’s handmade goods are baked fresh every day using only natural and organic ingredients. Their gluten free products include coffee cakes, cupcakes, brownies, bites, cookies, loaf cakes, whoopie cakes, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, biscuit sandwiches, and more.
Amaretti Desserts prepares cakes, pies, cookies, bars, and pastries from scratch.
The Bakery Jax is a family run local business offering pies, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, sweet breads, and other handcrafted sweets and snacks.
Some of the best baked sweet goods in your area are also available at CamiCakes Cupcakes, Smallcakes, and Heavenly Chocolate Creations.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Good Dough at 1636 Hendricks Ave
- Donut Shoppe at 1535 University Blvd N
- Duck Donuts at 13820 Old St Augustine Rd #141
- Shipley Do-Nuts at 12667 Beach Blvd #101
- Dunkin’ Donuts at 116 Oakleaf Village Pkwy #0001
- The Mini Bar at 1524 County Rd 220 #4, Fleming Island
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- CamiCakes Cupcakes at 9734-5 Deer Lake Ct
- Sivada’s Cupcakery at 3645 St Johns Ave
- Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery at 13141 City Station Dr #145
- Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery at 13740 Beach Blvd #113
CamiCakes Cupcakes has roughly 26 flavors available plus they make layer cakes, ice cream, coffee, milk, soda, and tea.
Over 16 flavors of gourmet cupcakes near you are available at Sivada’s Cupcakery.
A variety of cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and handcrafted artisan ice creams made from premium ingredients are featured at Smallcakes.
Both Sweet Theory Baking Co and The Bakery Jax from our previous lists are also solid options for really good cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
Sweet Pete’s Candy excels at creating thousands of unique local candies, handcrafted chocolates, sea salt caramels, cherry cordials, toffee, rocky road, and more. They also offer workshops, events, and field trips for candy enthusiasts from all over the world.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier at 9047-5 Southside Blvd
- Kilwins at 10281 Mid Town Pkwy
- Fantastic Fudge at 218 Centre St, Fernandina Beach
- Heavenly Chocolate Creations at 4251 Lenox Ave #6
- Windy Hill Chocolate at Blue Bamboo Restaurant, 10110 San Jose Blvd
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier at 1560 Business Center Dr #3, Fleming Island
In addition to its famous chocolate covered popcorn Peterbrooke provides a wide selection of milk and dark chocolate truffles, chocolate covered fruits and cordials, jellies, barks, and homemade caramels. Chocolate covered cookies, pretzels, popcorn, milk chocolate hand dipped strawberries, and velvety sweet white chocolate are more of their specialty delicacies.
Fantastic Fudges sells some of the best marble slab fudge, hand dipped chocolates, and ice cream in your area.
Heavenly Chocolate Creations’ gourmet milk, white, and dark chocolate pies, pastries, and cakes are created in store.
Don’t forget about the chocolates and fudge sold at Sweet Pete’s candy shop from our previous list.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Fit Fab Foods at 1058 3rd Street North
- Devine Yogi Vegan Bakery at 8850 SW Ct
- Sweet Theory Baking Co at 1243 King St
Fit Fab Foods sells vegan cake pops, keto treats, whoopie pies, cake pops, and other gluten free, low sugar, and high protein baked goods.
Sweet Theory Baking Co from a previous list also features fine displays of gluten free baked items.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Juice Paradise at 5250 Baymeadows #3
- Jax Juice Bar at 11901 Atlantic Blvd #800
- Juicebox at 4479 Deerwood Lake Pkwy #4
- Juice Tap at 14965 Old St Augustine Rd #104
- Planet Smoothie at 14866 Old St Augustine Rd #114
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 9610 Applecross Rd #110
- Smoothie King at 1581 County Rd 220 #130, Fleming Island
- Planet Smoothie at 2245 Plantation Center Dr, Fleming Island
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Biscottis at 3556 St Johns Ave
- BB’s Restaurant & Bar at 1019 Hendricks Ave
- Vitianos Italian Cuisine at 9542 Argyle Forest Blvd
- Chili’s Grill & Bar at 9530 Applecross Rd
- SaySoSweets Filipino & Hawaiian Cafe & Bakery at 11757 Beach Blvd #3
Biscottis serves some of the best desserts in Jacksonville including Boston Cream Pie along with carrot, classic chocolate, and coconut German chocolate cakes as well as Oreo mousse.
BB’s is a great place to try homemade desserts near you including croissant bread pudding, Granny Smith apple pie, mango key lime pie, fudge walnut brownies, German chocolate cake, and toasted coconut cake.
We have also discussed:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Jacksonville
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Jacksonville.