We are about to fill you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Miami. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Miami like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on the Southeast are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Miami or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Lulu’s Nitrogen Ice Cream at 2001 Biscayne Blvd
- Dasher & Crank at 2211 NW 2nd Ave
- Morelia Ice Cream Paletas at 185 NW 25th St
- Cream Parlor at 8224 Biscayne Blvd
- Aubi & Ramsa at 172 NE 41st St #3516
- Yuzu Frozen Yogurt & Crêpes at 235 SW 8th St
- Azucar Ice Cream at 1503 SW 8th St, Little Havana
- Dairy Queen Grill & Chill at 5810 N Federal Hwy, Ft Lauderdale
- Yogurt Ur Way at 806 E Las Olas Blvd, Ft Lauderdale
- Carvel at 4900 E 4th Ave, Hialeah
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 1553 W 49th St, Hialeah
- La Glace at 256 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables
Lulu’s Ice Cream is a great place to get locally produced ice cream with a dash of delicious liquid nitrogen. They offer seven timeless flavors in addition to seven weekly changing seasonal flavors.
Dasher and Crank creates its ice cream in small batches and continually changes their menu with new varieties every week having produced over 425 flavors with vegan and gluten free options over time.
There are 16 varieties at the Morelia Ice Cream all of which are manufactured with natural ingredients including their very own paletas which are made from fresh natural fruits in Mexico.
Some of the most mouthwatering ice cream and handcrafted pastries in your area can be found at Cream Parlor including flavors like purple rain, unicorn poop, or up all night which can be topped with as many toppings as you like.
Yuzu has 13 flavors of frozen yogurt as well as a wide menu of sweet and savory crepes, smoothies, and shakes.
Soft serve ice cream, toppings, shakes, Sundae Dashers, take home sweets, and some of the best ice cream cakes near you are all available at Carvel.
Yogurt Ur Way in Ft Lauderdale specializes in 100% yogurts with over 60 rotating flavors and over 40 toppings plus they offer a variety of sorbets, ice creams, custards, gelatos, and other delectable treats as well.
Over 100 rotating frozen yogurt flavors with vegan, gluten free, non dairy, kosher, low carb, and low fat options as well as 70 rotating toppings are available at Menchie’s in Hialeah.
The Schakolad Chocolate Factory and Atelier Monnier from our other lists are also great places to buy ice cream in the Miami metro too.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Zak the Baker at 295 NW 26th St
- True Loaf Bakery at 1894 Bay Rd
- El Brazo Fuerte Bakery at 1697 SW 32nd Ave
- Mamma Leone Bakery at 2508 NE 2nd Ave
- Atelier Monnier at 848 Brickell Ave #120
- Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop at 2545 N Miami Ave Bay 1
- Sunshine Bakery at 2621 Davie Blvd, Ft Lauderdale
- Gran Forno Bakery at 1235 E Las Olas Blvd, Ft Lauderdale
- Vicky Bakery at 860 SE 8th St, Hialeah
- Chocolate Fashion at 248 Andalusia Ave, Coral Gables
- Madruga Bakery at 1430 S Dixie Hwy # 117, Coral Gables
True Loaf Bakery has a wide range of baked goods including pies, pastries, cookies, naturally leavened bread, baguettes, ciabattas, and more.
Delicious Cuban pastelitos which can be filled with guava, cream cheese, guava and cream cheese, beef, ham, tuna, or coconut are offered at El Brazo Fuerte Bakery along with a delicious array of freshly baked sweet pastries like eclairs, napoleons, and cappuccino cakes.
The French bakery Atelier Monnier is a good place to go for freshly baked pastries, coffee, sandwiches, salads, macarons, cakes, tarts, ice cream, sorbets, chocolates, and frozen desserts near you.
Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop is known for its unique pastries like pies, cakes, cheesecakes, and cookies.
A variety of pastries, cookies, cakes, and other tasty sweets in Ft Lauderdale are served at Sunshine Bakery.
Italian, European, and American favorites are available at Gran Forno including assorted cookies, holiday specialty breads, and all kinds of other baked goods.
Most of the places we are about to mention in the Miami cupcake shops should also be considered for all kinds of fresh baked sweet treats.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- The Salty Donut at 50 NW 23rd St #112
- Mojo Donuts & Fried Chicken at 8870 SW 40th St #13
- Meli Gourmet Greek Donuts at 3246 N Miami Ave
- Sweet Mini Donuts
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- dBakers Sweet Studio at 3501 NE 2nd Ave
- Frudeco Bakery at 8212 NE 2nd Ave
- Sweeter Days Bake Shop at 1497 N Federal Hwy, Ft Lauderdale
- We Take The Cake at 1211 NE 9th Ave, Ft Lauderdale
- Buttercream Cupcakes & Coffee at 1411 Sunset Dr, Coral Gables
- Misha’s Cupcakes at 5616 Sunset Dr, Coral Gables
- T’antay Miami Cakes
dBakers specializes in creating mouthwatering cakes near you in a variety of flavors and uses whipped cream cheese frosting and Swiss meringue buttercream on their cupcakes.
Delicious baked goods like cakes and cookies as well as a range of mini indulgences, brownies, and pies are some of the products sold at Sweeter Days Bake Shop in Ft Lauderdale where they also offer 12 flavors and 24 rotating types of cupcakes every day.
Misha’s Cupcakes in Coral Gables has over 36 flavors on its menu with seasonal specialties being added all year round. Some other delectable goods they offer include cake in a jar, gourmet cakes, brownies, cookies, cookie dough, and cake bars.
T’antay Cupcakes uses scratch made vanilla bean Swiss merengue buttercream and provides numerous customizable cupcake options.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- It’Sugar at 401 Biscayne Blvd #S151
- Sugarman Candy at 1720 NW 20th St
- To The Moon at 2205 Wilton Dr, Ft Lauderdale
- Miami Candies
Some of the best assortments of bulk candies, wrapped candies, cotton candy, chocolates, gummies, gumballs, jelly beans, marshmallows, lollipops, and wrapped candies are all available at Sugarman Candy.
There are over 13,000 different items featured at To The Moon Marketplace including popular rare candies, 70 kinds of chocolate covered goods, 100 kinds of rare black licorice, and more than 90 different kinds of dark chocolate bars with up to 100% cocoa content.
You can find a wide variety of local candies in all sizes and shapes including vintage, beloved, and colorful brands which are available at discounted rates at Miami Candies Sweets and Snacks.
There’s also a selection of candies in your area at The Schakolad Chocolate Factory from our next list.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Romanicos Chocolate at 2337 Coral Way
- Oh My Gosh Brigadeiros at 2205 SW 23rd Ave
- Wendy’s Chocolates & Gift at 123 Chocolate Ave
- Exquisito Chocolates at 2606 SW 8th St
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory at 1303 A SE 17th St, Ft Lauderdale
- Jan’s Homemade Candies at 4327 N Ocean Dr, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
High end custom lactose and gluten free chocolates that are acceptable for vegans and vegetarians are the specialties of Romanicos Chocolate whose Japanese Ginger Chocolate Bar was chosen as a Silver Finalist for the finest specialty food of the year in 2012.
Exquisito is a whole bean to bar product that uses cocoa beans from a single source from all over the world with numerous options many of which vegan, dairy free, and gluten free. Their products including gifts and bundles, bars, bon bons, truffles, corporate gifts, confections, hot chocolate, and vegan treats are certified soy free and single origin.
In addition to gourmet coffee drinks The Schakolad Chocolate Factory also offers over 70 different kinds of hand dipped truffles and sweets, high quality ice cream, sugar free candies, and chocolates which come in various boxes and platters.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Almotti Gluten Free Bakery at 14395 SW 139th Ct #102
- Bettersweet Vegan Bakery at 1610 NW 20th St
- The Chocolate Chip Bakery at 166 NE 29th St
- Dora’s Bakery & Bistro at 3822 SW 8th St
- Churromania at 1675 W 49th St, Hialeah
- L’Artisane Bakery & Bistro at 2526 Ponce de Leon, Coral Gables
- Bunnie Cakes at 8450 NW 53rd St #H101, Doral
Gluten free Southern Italian cookies, cakes, and breads that are low in calories, sugar, and digestible carbs are available at Almotti.
Bettersweet specializes in gluten free and vegan cakes in your area along with cupcakes, cookies, muffins, cakepops, and adorned cookies.
The Chocolate Chip Bakery and Café focuses on producing 100% organic and nutritious vegan cakes, cookies, brownies, banana bread, and sweet muffins in Miami that are free of gluten, dairy, and egg plus they serve one of the best organic coffees too.
A large selection of French vegan pastries, petit gateaux, viennoiserie, gourmet sandwiches, and salads can be found at L’Artisane Creative Bakery.
Kosher and vegan baked products from Bunnie Cakes include cupcakes, cakes, donuts, pie cakes, and others that are free of dairy, soy, peanut, gluten, and artificial sugar.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Under the Mango Tree at 737 5th St
- Raw Jūce at 900 S Miami Ave #139
- Green G at 222 NE 25th St #106
- Ten Fruits at 143 NE 3rd Ave
- Ooh Raw! Poke + Juice Bar at 50 NW 23rd St #108
- Smoothies Rogüe Nutrition at 1311 NE 1st Ave
- JB&C Juice Bar & Café at 924 N Flagler Dr, Ft Lauderdale
- KZ Healthy Food Café at 4680 W 17th Ct, Hialeah
- Sanatos Healthy Restaurant & Market at 190 Minorca Ave, Coral Gables
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- B Bistro + Bakery at 600 Brickell Ave #175
- Michael’s Genuine at 130 NE 40th St
- Mandolin Aegean Bistro at 4312 NE 2nd Ave
- Zuma Miami at 270 Biscayne Blvd Way
- Tutto Pasta at 1751 SW 3rd Ave
- Niu Kitchen at 104 NE 2nd Ave
- Seasons 52 at 2428 E Sunrise Blvd, Ft Lauderdale
- Steak 954 at 401 N Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Ft Lauderdale
B Bistro + Bakery excels at providing freshly made morning pastries including Danish, brioche, and a variety of flaky croissants as well as signature local desserts like macaroons, petit gateaux, and tarts.
Michael’s makes great coconut ice cream and magnificent desserts near you like sticky toffee pudding and rum cakes that are loved by many people.
Mandolin Aegean Bistro’s flavors are inspired by the seasonal gastronomy and beach towns of the region between Greece and Turkey and their homemade baklava is one of the best desserts in your area that you will find anywhere.
Raspberry, guava, and blueberry sorbets are Zuma Miami’s highly recommended desserts.
Some of the best sweets that you can try at the Italian restaurant Tutto Pasta include their guava, banana, and Nutella cheesecakes.
Niu Kitchen is a Catalan style kitchen serving really good desserts like bread pudding, berries, and basil sorbet.
Steak 954 is a luxury boutique steakhouse that is known for its chocolate souffle and plum bread pudding, oat and almond crumble, and more great sweets in Ft Lauderdale.
By the way we have also written about:
- Cape Coral & Ft Myers Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Tampa Bay & St Petersburg Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Orlando Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Jacksonville Ice Cream & Candy Shops
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Miami
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Miami.