The best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Omaha are about to be broken down in full detail right now. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Omaha gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts around the metro will round us out.
A local sweets map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on the Midwest at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Omaha ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Zesto Shoppe at 8608 N 30th St
- eCreamery Ice Cream & Gelato at 5001 Underwood Av
- Ted & Wally’s Ultra-Premium Ice Cream at 1120 Jackson St
- Freezing Thai Rolled Ice Cream at 1918 S 67th St
- Coneflower Creamery at 3921 Farnam St
- Orange Leaf at 1110 S 71st St
- Red Mango at 13110 Birch Dr #140
- Yoyo Berri at 6610 S 168th St #1
- Zaltes at 229 Bennett Ave, Council Bluffs
- Tastee Treet at 13996 Wabash Ave, Council Bluffs
- TCBY at 208 E Broadway, Council Bluffs
- Dairy Twist at 2211 Lincoln Rd, Bellevue
- Rita’s at 21209 Nebraska Crossing Dr, Gretna
- Graley’s Creamery & Confections at 147 N Washington St, Papillion
Zesto Shoppe sells a wide selection of ice cream in your area including sundaes, sodas, waffle cones, smoothies, brownies, and more sweet treats.
Numerous ice cream varieties including strawberry shortcake, churro cheesecake, sea salt caramel brownie, chocolate cake, peanut butter, vanilla, smores, and more are all available at eCreamery.
Coneflower Creamery offers great flavors like vanilla, dark chocolate, salted caramel, and cookies and cream.
Orange Leaf is a good frozen yogurt shop near you that also sells smoothies, shakes, cakes, and party boxes.
Zaltes is a cheerful homemade ice cream shop in Council Bluffs that also offers fresh cookie dough and a wide range of pastries from noon to 8pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Tastee Treet is open from 11am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from noon to 8pm on Sunday serving some of the best ice cream, barbecue, burgers, tenderloins, and other dishes in town.
You can visit TCBY from 9am to 10pm Monday through Saturday and 11am to 8pm on Sunday offering a diverse product portfolio with most of their yogurt flavors available in reduced fat, nonfat, or no sugar added variants.
Dairy Twist in Bellevue is reminiscent of an old 1970’s ice cream stand by the side of the road while also selling small meals from 11am to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday and from noon to 8pm on Sunday.
Rita’s is the largest Italian ice company in Gretna and they open at 11am Tuesday through Sunday and at noon on Monday offering a wide range of frozen sweets like their famed Italian Ice which is prepared fresh daily along with frozen custard, milkshakes, sundaes, custard cookie sandwiches, stacked Gelati, and distinctive misto and blendini creations.
If you are looking for a great place to try scrumptious super-premium all-natural handcrafted ice cream, pies, and confections in Papillion head to Graley’s Creamery & Confections starting at 11:30am Monday through Saturday and at 3pm on Sunday.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these great bakeries:
- Whisk & Measure Specialty Bakery & Coffee at 2505 S 133rd Plaza
- The Omaha Bakery at 608 S 72nd St
- Paradise Bakery & Cafe Village Pointe at 17305 Davenport St #101
- Culprit Cafe & Bakery at 1603 Farnam St #101
- Pie King Café at 722 Creek Cop #2, Council Bluffs
- The Omaha Bakery at 10503 S 15th St #109, Bellevue
The Omaha Bakery is a full-service bakery with multiple locations including one in Bellevue that offers wedding cakes, birthday cakes, extreme cakes, and keto baked items from 8am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 8am to 4pm on Sunday.
Pie King Café is a premier bakeshop in Council Bluffs that opens at 11am Thursday through Sunday and 1pm on Wednesday offering fresh and tasty pies as well as delightful snacks and other baked items.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- LaMar’s Donuts & Coffee at 17202 Audrey St
- Eat Bob’s Donuts at 3824 Farnam St #120
- Winchell’s at 2905 S 120th St
- Donut Haven at 13807 P St
- Dunkin’ Donuts at 2200 W Broadway #100, Council Bluffs
- Donut Run at 11757 S Hwy 6 #3, Gretna
LaMar’s has been selling some of the finest donuts in your area including original, glazed, and iced varieties since 1960.
Eat Bob’s Donuts offers many flavors including Boston cream pie, chocolate confetti, creme brulee, fruit pebbles, enamel squares, maple bacon, vanilla, salted candy, blueberry pastel, and more.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 16811 Burke St #115
- Cupcake Island at 1314 S 119th St
- The Cake Specialist at 2210 Avery Rd E, Bellevue
- Cake Expressions at 508 Galvin Rd S, Bellevue
- SmallCakes Cupcakery at 814 Tara Plaza, Papillion
At the Gigi’s Cupcakes in your area you can try apple stack, monster cookie, pumpkin swirl, affogato, banana crumble, red velvet, strawberry shortcake, crunchy caramel, Kentucky bourbon, and many other flavors.
The Cake Specialist in Bellevue is open from 9am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday specializing in custom cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, and cookies for every occasion.
There are more personalized cakes, various varieties of cupcakes, pastries, and other sweet treats sold at Cake Expressions starting at 9am Tuesday through Saturday.
SmallCakes Cupcakery has been in business since 2008 and serves chocolate sundae, lemon cracker, red velvet, peanut butter cup, pink vanilla, and other varieties.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- SMEJ’S Snacks at 2060 N 117th Ave
- Hollywood Candy at 1209 Jackson St
- Old Market Candy Shop at 1005 Howard St
Old Market Candy Shop has been offering licorice, saltwater caramel, jelly belly in 40 flavors, Vermont truffles, sugar free variants, and chocolates near you since 1977.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Chocolat Abeille at 555 Cornhusker Rd #210, Bellevue
- Lindt Chocolate Shop at 21355 Nebraska Crossing Dr #F125, Gretna
- Chocolaterie Stam at 7474 Towne Center Pkwy #123, Papillion
Chocolat Abeille is a family-owned chocolate shop in Bellevue that is open from 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 9am to 4pm on Saturday offering homemade chocolates, local honey, and sweet art.
You will find an incredible selection of over 20 Lindor Truffle recipes, seasonal varieties, create-your-own gifts, chocolate bars, exclusive European specialties, and boxed chocolates at the Lindt Chocolate Shop in Gretna.
Chocolaterie Stam is a famous chocolate shop in Papillion that offers quality European chocolates and other sweets as well as delectable gelato and hot and cold coffee drinks from 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from noon to 6pm on Sunday.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- Wenday’s Bakery at 500 Willow Ave #100, Council Bluffs
- OCookieOs at 1001 S 6th St, Council Bluffs
Wenday’s Bakery is open from 9am to 2pm Tuesday through Friday offering cakes, cupcakes, and delectable pastries with gluten-free choices.
OCookieOs is a family business that is open from noon to 7:30pm Tuesday through Thursday making gluten-free and high protein cookie-donuts from scratch.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- The Grove Juicery & Wellness Cafe at 2401 Farnam St
- Juice Stop at 2506 S 171st Ct
- Smoothie King at 8900 W Center Rd #101
- Clean Juice at 1308 Jackson St
- Cornhusker Nutrition at 2012 Cornhusker Rd #300, Bellevue
- Gretna Nutrition at 11532 Willow Park Dr #500, Gretna
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 7902 Towne Center Pky #109, Papillion
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Shahi India Grill at 1015 Farnam St
- Au Courant Regional Kitchen at 6064 Maple St
- Dynamite Woodfire Grill at 1299 Farnam St
- Le Voltaire French Restaurant at 569 N 155th Plaza
- Ollie & Hobbes at 310 E Gold Coast Rd, Papillion
Au Courant Regional Kitchen offers tasty chocolate tarts, olive oil cakes, and some of the best ice cream in Omaha after meals.
Delectable apple and pecan tarts, the chef’s daily cheesecake, and more great local homemade ice cream is available at Dynamite Woodfire Grill.
Le Voltaire has been serving some of the best desserts near you including creme brulee and chocolate mousse since 2001.
Ollie & Hobbes is a laid-back eatery that serves delicious meals and some of the best desserts in Papillion starting at 11am every day of the week.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Omaha
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Omaha.