If you want to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in San Antonio you have found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in San Antonio like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on the Midwest at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in San Antonio or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- El Paraiso at 1934 Fredericksburg Rd
- Paciugo Gelato Café at 340 E Basse Rd
- Boozy’s Creamery & Craft at 711 S St Mary’s St
- Amy’s Ice Creams at 255 E Basse Rd
- Lick Honest Ice Creams at 2, 312 Pearl Pkwy #2101
- Orange Leaf at 11703 Huebner Rd #107
- Arctic Ape Wild Desserts at 5221 Walzem Rd #1
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 5619 W Loop 1604 N #126
- 4 Seasons at 1207 Texas 1604 Access Rd
- Peachwave at 14249 Potranco Rd #103
- Tipsy Cow Ice Cream at 2154 Gabriels Pl #104, New Braunfels
- IcyRolls at 202 University Dr #103, San Marcos
- The Scoop at 200 N Main St, Cibolo
- Frozen Cave at 700 N LBJ Dr, San Marcos
El Paraiso makes some of the best frozen bars and natural ice cream near you.
Paciugo freshly prepares gelato, macaron gelato sandwiches, and stuffed donuts with vegan and sorbet options daily as well as coffee and frappes.
Alcoholic and non alcoholic flavors are offered at Boozy’s Creamery and Craft.
Amy’s provides premium ice creams with over 350 rotating varieties as well as dairy free fruit ices and frozen yogurt in addition to being well known for their Mexican vanilla flavor.
Homemade, alcoholic, and kid friendly ice creams as well as milkshakes, floats, and smoothies are all available at Tipsy Cow.
You can choose from 12 different flavors of handcrafted local ice cream rolls with a seemingly unlimited number of toppings at Icy.
Orange Leaf serves classic and vegan frozen yogurt flavors that are free of sugar, gluten, and dairy and even features a large variety of do it yourself toppings.
Arctic Ape Wild Desserts’ frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, Italian ice, and sorbet are available in 12 different flavors with over 150 toppings for you to choose from. They also offer custom shakes, malts, maganadas, and Piccadilly’s with low sugar, non dairy, vegan, and gluten free options.
4 Seasons Frozen Yogurt comes in 16 flavors with dairy free options and can be topped with up to 40 different toppings.
Frozen Cave is a good option for scrumptious gelato with a variety of tasty toppings as well as frozen yogurt with up to 10 different flavors.
Chocollazo from our best chocolate and fudge shops in San Antonio list sells really good ice cream too.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Baklovah Bakery & Sweets at 9329 Wurzbach Rd #104
- Nadler’s Bakery & Deli at 1621 Babcock Rd
- La Panadería at 8305 Broadway
- Bakery Lorraine at 306 Pearl Pkwy #110
- Bird Bakery at 5912 Broadway
- Naegelin’s German Bakery at 129 S Seguin Ave, New Braunfels
- Dos Gatos Kolache Bakery at 700 N LBJ Dr #102A, San Marcos
Baklovah Bakery and Sweets serves baked goods, sandwiches, and light meals along with Turkish coffee. Special custom cakes, carrot and Italian ice creams, pastries, pies, and breads are available at Nadler’s Bakery and Deli.
A variety of cookies, tarts, muffins, and other great sweets near you are sold at Bakery Lorraine. Bird Bakery excels at providing exquisite desserts like pies, cookies, bars, brownies, cupcakes, and classic sandwiches in addition to breakfast and lunch items.
Since 1988 Naegelin’s German Bakery has been making pies, strudels, cookies, donuts, Danishes, sweet rolls, and custom cakes. You can get Czech style pastries with a variety of sweet and savory fillings at Dos Gatos Kolache Bakery. Some places from our other lists including Smallcakes, Cake Art, Nadler’s Bakery and Deli, Wholesome Eating, and Plantyful Sweets will also have what you are after.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Original Donut Shop at 3307 Fredericksburg Rd
- Voodoo Doughnuts at 400 E Houston St
- Duck Donuts at 11703 Huebner Rd #113
- The Art of Donut at 3428 N Saint Mary’s St
- Shipley Do-Nuts at 1240 Austin Hwy
- Snowflake Donuts at 5802 Babcock Rd
- Shipley Do-Nuts at 263 TX-337 Loop #100, New Braunfels
- Grand Donut at 3929 Cibolo Valley Dr #210, Cibolo
Other good places to buy donuts include Wholesome Eating, Powerhouse Bakery, El Paraiso, and Naegelin’s German Bakery who we have mentioned in other sections.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Smallcakes at 10919 Culebra Rd
- Oh Yeah Cakes at 713 S St Mary’s St
- Sugar Mama’s Tasty Treats at 16652 San Pedro Ave
- Cake Art at 18402 U.S. 281 Access Rd
- Lucy’s Cake at 2030 SW Loop 410
Smallcakes offers full size cakes, cookies, and whoopie pies with 17 varieties and 2 specialty flavors. Oh Yeah is known for its delectable cupcakes with 8 signature flavors as well as other unique desserts in your area.
A wide range of cookies, lemon bars, brownies, and gourmet cupcakes that are all made from scratch are provided at Sugar Mama’s Tasty. You can also order sculpted wedding and Bundt cakes and really good cupcakes at Cake Art.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Alamo Candy at 1149 W Hildebrand Ave
- La Dulceria at 1512 Basse Rd
- It’sugar at 849 E Commerce St #681
- Casa Dulce at 6900 San Pedro Ave #148
- Lolli & Pops at 15900 La Cantera Pkwy
Alamo Candy Company sells Chamoy Alamo syrups, pickles, picositas belts, Chinese candies, sour lemon balls, and many more sweets as well as handcrafted American and Mexican chocolates every day. Classic and large confectionery iterms are available at It’Sugar.
Casa Dulce has over 2,000 different types of soft and hard candies, lollipops, marshmallows, milk, sours, and other delectable treats. Old fashioned chocolates, sours, gummies, and retro sweets are sold at Lolli and Pops.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Alamo City Chocolate Factory at 1203 N Loop 1604 W #117
- Délice Chocolatier at 946 N Loop 1604 W #145
- Chocollazo at 4013 Broadway
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate at 4015 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd #835, San Marcos
The Alamo City Chocolate Factory makes European style chocolates and truffles on site and has over 100 different products with kosher and vegan options for you to choose from. Their most popular items include ganaches, caramels, and chocolate dipped fruits.
Over 25 distinct types of bonbons and truffles, handcrafted Belgian chocolates, and many more types of sweet pastries near you are some of Délice Chocolatier and Patisserie’s specialties.
Chocollazo is a local chocolate and fudge shop providing high quality handcrafted and hand painted Belgian chocolate truffles. Their candies, confections, ice cream, crêpes, and other desserts are some of the best in San Antonio. Don’t forget about Alamo Candy Company’s chocolates from our previous list.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries are a good healthier alternative:
- Akki’s Cupcakery at 16131 Salto Del Agua
- Wholesome Eating at 19202 Stone Oak Pkwy #101
- Powerhouse Bakery at 4902 Golden Quail
- Plantyful Sweets at 1520 N Main Ave
You can head to Wholesome Eating for some of the best keto, paleo, gluten free, and vegan breads, cookies, donuts, and cakes in town. Powerhouse Bakery is also known for its gluten free baked goods including breads, sweets, and pizzas.
Vegan and gluten free donuts, pastries, and cookies are some of the ítems sold at Plantyful Sweets.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Urth Juice Bar at 5317 McCullough Ave
- Primal Juice & Smoothies at 9703 Bandera Rd #106
- Farm to Juice at 1321 N Loop 1604 E STE 103
- Revolución Coffee + Juice at 300 E Houston St #105
You can also head to Tipsy Cow from our top list to try good smoothies.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Cappy’s Restaurant at 5011 Broadway
- Biga on the Banks at 203 S St Mary’s St
- Crepeccino Café & Crêperie at 5500 Babcock Rd #104
- Mina & Dimi’s Greek House at 7159 W US Hwy 90
Cappy’s daily local dessert specials include sticky toffee pudding, key lime pie, chocolate cake, coconut cream pie, and raspberry vanilla bean. You will probably be satisfied if you try some of the best desserts in your area at Biga on the Banks’ like their sweet corn pudding, dulce de leche cheesecake, banana coffee cake, chocolate hazelnut crème brulee, and vegan coconut lime panna cotta.
Café Crepeccino and Crêperie serves sweet and savory crepes, waffles, and salads. Mina and Dimi’s is a popular Greek restaurant that is known for its sweets like chocolate mousse cake and baklava cheesecake.
We have also discussed:
- Austin Ice Cream & Chocolate Shops
- Houston Ice Cream & Chocolate Shops
- Dallas & Ft Worth Ice Cream & Chocolate Shops
- El Paso Ice Cream & Candy Shops
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In San Antonio
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in San Antonio.