Today we will be filling you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Charlotte. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Charlotte like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on this region are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Charlotte or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Golden Cow Creamery at 170 W Summit Ave
- Ninety’s Ice Cream at 9009 J M Keynes Dr #4
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at 1920 Camden Rd
- La Michoacana Natural Ice Cream at 6300 South Blvd
- Fruiti Cup at 9009 J M Keynes Dr
- Sweet Frog at 8156 S Tryon St C
- TCBY at 9804 Sandy Rock Pl # E
- Cabarrus Creamery at 21 Union St S #5009, Concord
- Tony’s Ice Cream at 604 E Franklin Blvd #7111, Gastonia
- Two Scoops Creamery at 119 Landings Dr #104, Mooresville
- Frozen Kups at 4481 School House Commons, Harrisburg
Golden Cow Creamery has flavors like rich chocolate, creamy vanilla, fresh strawberry, mint chocolate chip, salted Oreo, Dunkaroos, and another eight rotating flavors and they also include at least one non-dairy vegan option in the mix every day.
La Michoacana has been manufacturing fresh, all-natural, hand-crafted ice cream in your area along with frozen fruit bars and drinks in the classic artisanal Tocumbo style since 1942.
Cabarrus Creamery has 25 new flavors including moon pie which is a distinctive flavor inspired by the delicious Southern chocolate graham cracker cookie with marshmallow filling as well as sliced lemon, rum raisin, and butter pecan to go along with milkshakes, sundaes, and banana splits.
Tony’s Ice Cream serves milkshakes and fresh local ice cream in 28 different flavors. Year-round Two Scoops Creamery serves over 32 handcrafted flavors and seasonal specialties.
Frozen Kups is a high-end frozen yogurt and dessert spot in Charlotte that offers gelatos, sorbets, yogurts, custards, and Italian ice in 24 different varieties while also providing fully customizable frosty shakes.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Jazzy Cheesecakes at 9402 Northlake W Dr #102
- Villani’s Bakery at 901 Pecan Ave
- The Batchmaker at 901 Berryhill Rd
- Local Loaf at 800 E 35th St
- Amélie’s French Bakery & Café at 157 E Main St, Rock Hill
- The Bakery Shoppe at 9606 Sherrill Estates Rd, Huntersville
Jazzy Cheesecakes is a specialized bakery that offers over 75 distinct cheesecake tastes with various seasonal varieties as well as some of the best desserts near you including cheesecake duos, cheesecake stuffed apples, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cobblers, pies, and push pops.
Villani’s Bakery provides a great selection of pastries, muffins, cookies, biscotti, macarons, cakes, cheesecakes, pies, and more. The Bakery Shop’s specialty is cakes, pies, danishes, cookies, and muffins.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Duck Donuts at 1710 Kenilworth Ave
- Suarez Bakery at 4245 Park Rd
- Pepperbox Doughnuts at 101 W Worthington Ave
- OMG Donuts&Baker at 10005 Weddington Rd Ext, Concord
- Yummm Donut at 2516 E Franklin Blvd #9, Gastonia
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- SAS Cupcakes at 9941 Rea Rd C
- Swirl Oakhurst at1640 Oakhurst Commons Dr #103
- Suárez at 4245 Park Rd
- Smallcakes Steele Creek at 4847 Shopton Rd E
- Sugarlicious Bakery at 3826 S New Hope Rd, Gastonia
SAS Cupcakes has been offering made-from-scratch cupcakes with no trans fats and no preservatives since 2007 and they also have the largest selection of cake pop flavors with at least 5 new flavors available every day with some gluten-free choices.
Swirl is a made-to-order cupcake shop in your area where you may customize your cupcakes as you order them and there are six cake kinds, eight frostings, and dozens of toppers to choose from.
Suárez is a dessert bakery in Charlotte’s Park Road Shopping Center specializing in cakes, cupcakes, cookies, doughnuts, pastries, bread, and other desserts. Sugarlicious’ in-store menu offers cakes, cookies, cupcakes, macarons, cream horns, coffee, and more.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
Sweet Sensations specialties are old fashioned local sweets, pound cakes, pies, baked goods, ice cream, chocolate, Italian ice, and delicious homemade fudge. Scooter’s Snacks and More provides candy cigarettes, bubble gum cigars, chewy candies, penny candies, and Gummi Bears that have over 20 flavors to choose from.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Secret Chocolatier at 2935 Providence Rd #104
- Potts Chocolate at 619 S Cedar St
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate at 5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy
- Chocolatier Barrucand at 1 Union St S, Concord
- Kilwins at 16926 Birkdale Commons Pkwy A, Huntersville
The Secret Chocolatier sells truffles, caramels, barks, toffees, and American-made chocolate bars. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory manufactures about 300 chocolate sweets and other confectionery products near you each year including clusters, caramels, creams, meltaways, truffles, molded chocolates, caramel, candy apples, fudge, chocolate delicacies, and confections prepared by individual stores.
Chocolatier Barrucand has over 100 distinct chocolate and dessert kinds and every day about 20 different types of pastries and 20 different types of chocolates are in stock including homemade pastries and cakes.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Sunflour at 2001 East 7th Street has a selection of gluten free pastries, cakes, cupcakes, and breakfast.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Clean Juice at 7918 Rea Rd # D
- Green Brothers Juice Co. at 2230 Park Rd #103
- Hip Hop Smoothies at 249 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #210
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe 8948 J M Keynes Dr # 410
- Jamba at 5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy Concourse D
- Smoothie King at 360 Exchange St NW #105, Concord
- Fresh Vibes Juice Bar & Coffee Shop at 1675 Ebenezer Rd, Rock Hill
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 1525 Celanese Rd, Rock Hill
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
Luce Modern has a seasonal Italian menu that includes unique salads, hand-made pasta, fresh fish and meats delivered daily. Their cheesecake and creme brulee are two of the most famous local desserts in town.
The mystery mushroom is a popular dessert at Mariposa. Haberdish is a Milltown Southern restaurant that serves craft cocktails, comfort food like fried chicken and biscuits, and their brown butter pound cake is one of the best desserts in your area.
By the way we have also written about:
- The Best Desserts in Raleigh
- The Best Desserts in Asheville
- The Best Desserts in Winston-Salem
- The Best Desserts in Charleston
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Charlotte
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Charlotte.