Hopefully you are all ready to learn a whole bunch about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in London. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like London gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts in town will round us out.
A map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our local UK dessert guides right there if interested.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best London ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Nardulli at 29 The Pavement
- Olivogelo at 28 Elizabeth St
- Chin Chin Dessert Club at 54 Greek St
- La Gelatiera at 27 New Row
- Prime Gelato London at 216 Shaftesbury Ave
- Yolé Ice Cream at 12 New Row
- Pinkberry Stratford at Westfield Stratford City, Montfichet Rd
- Snog Frozen Yogurt at #27, Boxpark Shoreditch, 2-10 Bethnal Green Rd
- Yogland Fit Frozen Dessert at 58 Westbourne Grove
Nardulli serves coffee, sweets, gelato, and sorbets ranging from licorice to fig. Homemade, natural, and premium gelatos are available every day from 12pm to 8pm at Olivogelo.
Chin Chin Dessert Club offers a wide selection of flavors and toppings for some of the best ice cream in your area along with hot chocolate from 1pm to 10pm Monday through Saturday and from 1pm to 8pm on Sunday.
Specialty Italian ice creams made with natural and organic ingredients are provided at La Gelatiera.
Prime Gelato sells numerous classic and special flavors with vegan options daily from 12pm to 9pm.
Yolé Ice Cream offers luscious sugarless frozen yogurt and soft serve.
Delectable local ice cream nd fro yo variations are served daily from 12pm to 11pm at Snog Frozen Yogurt.
Pinkberry Stratford provides selections of frozen yogurt, toppings, smoothies, and shakes from 10am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and from 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.
Yogland Fit Frozen Dessert specializes in soft serve with nonfat, gluten free, and plant based selections and is open from 1pm to 11pm every day.
Hans and Gretel and Crosstown from upcoming lists are other places to eat great ice cream in London.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these great bakeries:
- E5 Bakehouse at 396 Mentmore Terr
- Miel Bakery at 57 Warren St
- Maison Bertaux at 28 Greek St
- Aux Pains de Papy at 279 Grays Inn Rd
- Crumbs & Doilies at 1 Kingly Ct, Carnaby St
- Arôme Bakery at The Yards Covent Garden, 9 Mercer St
Handcrafted breads, pastries, tarts, and hot drinks are available daily from 8am to 6pm at Miel Bakery.
Maison Bertaux prepares some of the best cakes near you along with cinnamon yogurt, sweet dishes, vegan pudding, and brownies from 9:30am to 6pm every day.
Aux Pains de Papy sells baked local cakes, sweets, and sandwiches from 7am to 4pm on weekdays and from 8am to 12pm on Saturday.
A wide selection of cakes, cupcakes, brownies, coffees, and more are available from 11am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and from 12pm to 6pm on Sunday at Crumbs and Doilies.
Arôme Bakery offers specialty croissants, pain au chocolat, miso bacon escargot, gula melaka coconut twist, and more.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Doughnut Time at 96 Shaftesbury Ave
- Crosstown at 14 Sir Simon Milton Sq
- Longboys at 119 Lower Stable St, Coal Drops Yard
- Happy Donuts Portobello at 254 Portobello Rd
Crosstown not only makes some of the best donuts near you but they are also a great place to buy ice cream, cookies, chocolates, and more.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Marley’s Cupcakes at London SE1 9NE
- Lola’s Cupcakes at #SU17 & 17A, 115 Buckingham Palace Rd
- Primrose Bakery at 69 Gloucester Ave
- Flavourtown Bakery at 771 Fulham Rd
- Ruby’s of London at 11 Durnford St
Marley’s Cupcakes makes luxury bite sized sweet treats in a wide variety of flavors.
Lola’s Cupcakes serves assortments of baked items every day from 8am to 8pm.
Delectable croissants, cookies, cupcakes, and some of the best sweet pastries in your area are available from 9am to 5pm daily at Primrose Bakery.
Handcrafted cupcakes, cakes, and brownies are baked daily from 10am to 6pm at Flavourtown Bakery.
Ruby’s specializes in vegan cakes and cupcakes that are free of wheat and gluten and is open from 9am to 5:30pm on weekdays and from 8:30am to 5:30pm on weekends.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Sweetmix American Candy Store at 637a Romford Rd
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe at 81 Eltham High St
- Hollywood Candy at 117 Stoke Newington Church St
- SugarSin at 1 Russell St
- Hans & Gretel UK at #91, Camden Market
- The Cali Candy Shop at 538c Barking Rd
Sweetmix sells a wide selection of international chocolates, crisps, and more from 2pm to 8pm Monday through Friday and from 12pm to 6pm on weekends.
Modern American sweets, chocolates, and candies are available from 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 10am to 4pm on Sunday at Mr Simms.
Hollywood Candy offers various American sweets, drinks, and groceries from 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 11am to 7pm on Sunday.
SugarSin provides all kinds of candies in bulk and packaged forms from 11am to 6pm every day.
Cotton candy, bubble waffles, chimney cakes, and handmade ice cream are all prepared from 12pm to 6pm every weekday and from 12pm to 7pm every weekend at Hans and Gretel.
Diverse assortments of fun and tasty sweets are made at The Cali Candy Shop from 11am to 10pm Monday through Saturday.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Melt Chocolates at 59 Ledbury Rd
- Artisan Du Chocolat at Wedderburn House, 89 Lower Sloane St
- Prestat Chocolates at 14 Princes Arcade, Piccadilly, St. James’s
- Rococo Chocolates Marylebone at 3 Moxon St
- The Fudge Patch at 7 Greenwich Market
- Paul A Young Fine Chocolates at 33 Camden Psge
- Hotel Chocolat at 4 Monmouth St
- Godiva at Food Hall, 400 Oxford St
Melt prepares creative dark, milk, and creative chocolates near you along with caramels from 10am to 6:30pm Monday through Saturday and on Sunday from 11am to 5pm.
Artisan Du Chocolat serves exquisite designer chocolates from 10:30am to 6:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 11am to 5pm on Sunday.
Prestat Chocolates offers carefully curated items in vibrant packaging from 10am to 5pm Monday through Saturday and from 11am to 4:30pm on Sunday.
Gourmet sweets and confectioneries are made daily from 10am to 6pm at Rococo Chocolates Marylebone.
For some of the finest nondairy and vegan selections made with hemp milk head to The Fudge Patch from 10am to 5pm every day.
Paul A Young produces exceptional artisanal local chocolates and confectioneries.
Hotel Chocolat makes and sells cocoa products from 9am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 10am to 6pm on Sunday.
Numerous assortments of chocolate creations are produced and supplied by Godiva.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- The Gluten Free Bakery at 4 Print Village, 58 Chadwick Road
- Pourtoi Artisan Gluten Free Bakery at Rear Basement, #4 Sentinel Sq
- Manna Dew at Galapagos Foods, 169 Battersea High St, Battersea Park
- Libby’s Sugar & Gluten Free Bakery at 61 Ledbury Rd
The Gluten Free Bakery provides sourdough breads, bagels, buns, and baguettes every weekday from 7am to 4pm.
Pourtoi Artisan prepares an array of appetizing treats like cookies, brownies, cakes, and more gluten free desserts in London.
Selections of vegan and items that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, and refined sugar are all available at Manna Dew from 11am to 5pm every weekday.
Freshly baked brioches, sourdough, pistachio croissants, caramel brownies, millionaire’s shortbreads, cakes, and more are served from 8am to 5pm Monday through Saturday and from 9am to 5pm on Sunday at Libby’s Sugar and Gluten Free Bakery.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Portobello Juice Café at 297 Portobello Rd
- EljugoBar at 47 Leather Ln
- Blend Juice+Coffee Bar at 101B Kensington Church St
- Joe & The Juice at 281 Regent St
- Crussh Fit Food & Juice Bars at 5-7 Nevill Ln, New St Square
- Raw Press at 3 Ellis St
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Nosteagia at 16 Horner Street Oldo
- Sweet Stepney at 169 Mile End Rd, Stepney Green
- Milk Train at 12 Tavistock St
Nosteagia is a restaurant that serves some of the best London desserts like their sweet bubble waffles alongside tapioca milk tea in a funky setting daily from 12pm to 5:30pm.
Flavorful cakes, caramel tarts, milkshakes, and baked cookie dough desserts are available every day from 11am to 11pm at Sweet Stepney.
Fresh ice cream, candy floss, and popcorn treats are some of the great local desserts prepared at Milk Train from 1pm to 9pm every day except Monday.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In London
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in London.