The best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Milan will be covered in depth for you today. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Milan like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts around Italy at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Milan or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Terra Gelato at Via Vitruvio, 38
- Antica Gelateria Sartori at Piazza Luigi di Savoia
- Vanilla Gelati at Via Pattari, 2
- Il Massimo del Gelato at Via Lodovico Castelvetro, 18
- Yogorino Navigli at Via Pavia, 6/2
- Biancovivo at Viale Sarca, 336
- Viel Gelati at Corso Buenos Aires, 15
Terra Gelato provides 30 different flavors of ice cream in your area including Sicilian pistachio, tiramisu, peas and mint, parmesan cheese, butter and anchovies, truffle, and more. Sicilian granite, Sicilian brioche ice cream varieties, smoothies, milkshakes, and fruit salads are available at Antica Gelateria Sartori.
Ice cream flavors like mango, papaya, raspberry, lemon, grapefruit, Lebanese cinnamon, ginger cream, almond, and more are served at Il Massimo del Gelato. Viel Gelati prepares a wide selection of frozen yogurts, smoothies, ice cream, crepes, and fruit salads.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Princi Bakery at Via Speronari, 6
- Pasticceria Martesana at Via Giovanni Cagliero, 14
- The King’s at Viale Tunisia, 19
- Italian Bakery at Via Alvise Cadamosto, 7
Princi Bakery offers freshly baked cookies, tarts, and chilled treats including tiramisu, Sicilian cannolis, strawberry crostata, and more baked sweets near you. Pasticceria Martesana produces 300 different types of sweet breads and baked items.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Sweets Namura at Via Lodovico Castelvetro, 16
- Loste at Via Francesco Guicciardini, 3
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Muffinworld at Via Giovanni Battista Piranesi, 26
- Sweet Mama at Via Emilio Morosini, 51/1
- PanPerMe at Viale Monte Nero, 57
Personalized cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for all types of events are all available at Sweet Mama. PanPerMe offers a variety of sweet and savory favorites with gluten free options.
Candy Stores Near You
Outlet Dolciario at Corso Buenos Aires, 54 is a great candy shop in Milan.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Bottega Garibaldi at Corso Garibaldi, 35
- Venchi at Via Tommaso Grossi, 1
- Odilla Chocolat at Corso Garibaldi, 38
Some of the finest nougatine made with crushed and caramelized hazelnuts wrapped in dark chocolate are available at Venchi.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries near you are a good healthier alternative:
- GluFree Bakery at Via Curtatone, 6
- Officinazero at Viale Andrea Doria, 44
- California Bakery at Piazza Sant’Eustorgio, 4
GluFree Bakery makes artisanal baked breads, pastries, delicacies, and coffees with gluten and lactose free alternatives. Delectable gluten free local desserts, breads, and more are available at Officinazero.
California Bakery has been producing traditional American cuisine and desserts for over a decade. Remember that PanPerMe who we mentioned earlier also has lots of gluten free baked sweets in your area.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Juice Bar at Via Agnello, 18
- Fruits of Brazil at Via Rivoli, 2
- Fruit & Salad at fronte civico 11, Piazzale Susa
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Osteria Mamma Rosa at Piazza Cincinnato, 4
- Ratanà at Via Gaetano de Castillia, 28
Osteria Mamma Rosa serves local dessert specialties like panna cotta and apple tarte. Ratanà offers their popular pear and chamomile sweets with a traditional Milanese frothy drink which is known to be one of the best desserts in Milan.
We have also discussed:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Turin
- Our Favorite Desserts in Venice
- Our Favorite Desserts in Florence
- Our Favorite Desserts in Rome
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Milan
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Milan.