Today we will be filling you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Seattle. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Seattle like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. By the way, we have written a separate sweets guide for Tacoma that you can find at that link if interested.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Seattle or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Sweet Alchemy Ice Creamery at 4301 University Way NE
- Shug’s Soda Fountain and Ice Cream at 1525 1st Ave
- Full Tilt Ice Cream at 9629 16th Ave SW
- Husky Deli & Catering & Ice Cream at 4721 California Ave SW
- Salt & Straw at 5420 Ballard Ave NW
- Frankie & Jo’s Ballard at 1411 NW 70th St
- Shy Giant Frozen Yogurt at 1500 Pike Pl #16
- Chill at 4609 NE University Village St
- YoYo & CoCo Yogurt Cube & Soft Serve at 1719 N 45th St
- FogRose Ice Cream at 10606 NE 2nd St, Bellevue
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 14865 Main St, Bellevue
- Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream at 16272 Cleveland St, Redmond
- One Twelfth Street Diner at 11126 Evergreen Way, Everett
- Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream at 31653 Pacific Hwy S # A, Federal Way
Sweet Alchemy Ice Creamery is WSDA certified shop providing waffle cones, sauces, toppings, and flavorings that are made from locally sourced organic ingredients.
Shug’s serves mouthwatering sundaes, sodas, floats, and plenty more great ice cream treats in your area in a gorgeous, airy, and contemporary setting. They also offer homemade syrups, sauces, toppings, and Lopez Island Creamery products in addition to organic coffee, beer, wine, and cocktails.
All natural ice cream and frozen treats at Full Tilt Ice Cream are carefully made from innovative and regionally sourced ingredients. They also offer beers, sodas, and lively music on stereos as well as antique and brand new pinball and arcade machines.
Healthier frozen yogurt options near you that can be free of dairy, gluten, and sugar as well as vegan, plant-based, low fat, and non-fat choices are available at Chill.
Menchie’s is a self-serve frozen yogurt shop in Bellevue selling items by the pound plus they offer unique goods like local customized frozen yogurt cakes.
Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream in Redmond’s daily menu features 10 mouthwatering flavors and 4 seasonal options that vary accordingly.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Bakery Nouveau at 4737 California Ave SW
- Le Panier at 1902 Pike Pl
- Crumble & Flake Patisserie at 1500 E Olive Way
- Sea Wolf Bakers at 3621 Stone Way N #D
- Three Girls Bakery at 1514 Pike Pl
- Belle Pastry French Bakery at 10373 Main St, Bellevue
- Hoffman’s Fine Cakes & Pastries at 16175 Cleveland St, Redmond
- Coeur D’Alene French Baking Company at S 216th St, Kent
- L’Artisan Pastry at 11419 19th Ave SE B-103, Everett
- 85°C Bakery Café at 31503 Pacific Hwy S, Federal Way
Bakery Nouveau provides a variety of delectable sweet pastries, cream cheese Danishes, and flaky croissants as well as chocolates, macaroons in various colors, and traditional cookies.
French pastries, canelés, croissants, and pain au chocolat are some of the popular items offered at Crumble and Flake Patisserie.
Three Girls Bakery serves a wide variety of delectable pastries, breads, and some of the best cookies in Seattle every day.
Belle Pastry offers flavorful coffee along with their delicious French croissants, quiches, sweet treats, and plenty more.
You can find a wide variety of unique European style cakes at Hoffman’s in Redmond that are perfect for special occasions, parties, and weddings plus they also offer assorted breakfast pastries, cookies, and mini desserts.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Good Day Donuts at 9823 15th Ave SW E
- Top Pot Doughnuts at 2124 5th Ave
- 9th & Hennepin Donuts at 5604 Delridge Way SW
- Family Donut Shop at 2100 N Northgate Way
- Raised Doughnuts at 2301 E Union St #L
- Daily Dozen Doughnut at 93 Pike St #7
- Westernco Donut at 1412 156th Ave NE, Bellevue
- Mini’s Coffee & Donuts at 3727 Factoria Blvd SE, Bellevue
- Sunrise Donuts & Espresso at 7299 West Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE, Redmond
- Happy Donuts at 10214 SE 240th St A, Kent
- Legendary Doughnuts at 32085 Pacific Hwy S, Federal Way
- Countryside Donut House at 10032 Main St, Bothell
Don’t forget to visit Flying Apron from the gluten free bakeries in Seattle list for more great donuts.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- Cupcake Royale at 106 Pine St
- Trophy Cupcakes & Party at 1815 N 45th St
- Morfey’s Cakes at 2914 1st Ave
- Sugar N Flakes Bakery at 227 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue
- PinkaBella Cupcakes at 7330 164th Ave NE #230, Redmond
- Tasty Doux Bakery at 10216 SE 256th St #111, Kent
Cupcake Royale has 22 decadent flavors to choose from.
Trophy Cupcakes offers various selections, DIY kits, custom, and wedding cupcakes with vegan and gluten free choices.
More than 30 various kinds of cupcakes, cakes, and other goods that are freshly baked with some of the finest ingredients are available at Sugar N Flakes in addition to their popular eggless and gluten free cupcake options in Bellevue.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Sweet Mickeys Candy Shoppe at 5338 Ballard Ave NW
- The Confectionery at 4608 26th Ave NE
- Candy Tyme at 400 Pine St #126
- Lolli & Pops at 165 Bellevue Square, Bellevue
The Confectionery is a premier candy shop near you with a traditional storefront offering a wide selection of candies, sours, jelly beans, licorice, chocolates, and truffles.
Candy Tyme sells sugar free candies, chocolates, jelly beans, gummies, and licorice in addition to over 200 bulk candy options, unique novelty items, and presents.
Lolli and Pops offers numerous handmade truffles, innovative candies, and bulk bars in Bellevue with hundreds of gummies and chocolates which are sourced from different countries.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- The Chocolate Market at 1906 Post Alley
- Seleušs Chocolates at 1910 1st Ave
- Fran’s Chocolates at 1325 1st Ave
- Seattle Fudge at 305 Harrison St
- Theo Chocolate at 3400 Phinney Ave N
- Royce’ Chocolate at Bellevue Square at 274A Bellevue Square, Bellevue
- Brugge Chocolates at 15946 Redmond Way # 103, Redmond
Fran’s Chocolates has been a luxurious local chocolate producer for 40 years making exquisite artisanal sweets including a variety of caramels, truffles, fruits and nuts, bars, collections, and gifts to name a few.
Since 2006 Theo Chocolate has been creating premium chocolates in Seattle made from high quality beans to create several kinds of chocolate bars, cups and candies, cookie bites, handcrafted confections, caramels, and chocolates for baking and drinking.
Royce’ Chocolate is well known for their brand Nama Chocolate which comes in six flavors of au lait, bitter, matcha, mild cacao, and champagne.
Pâte de fruit, salted caramels, and premium handcrafted truffles with a taste of European tradition are available at Brugge Chocolates in Redmond.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Cinnamon Works at 1536 Pike Pl
- Flying Apron at 4709 California Ave SW
- Askatu Bakery at 2209 4th Ave
- Wildflour Bakery at 13600 NE 20th St #B, Bellevue
Since 1983 Cinnamon Works has been providing savory sweets with options that are vegan and free of both gluten and sugar including cookies, quick breads, muffins, rolls, and a lot more items.
Flying Apron provides an exquisite selection of muffins, pastries, cookies, cinnamon rolls, donuts, pies, and cakes that are baked from various alternative flour blends and organic sweeteners like agave, maple syrup, and evaporated cane juice.
Liberated Foods sells customized baking mixes and local baked sweets that are free from allergens including tarts, cookies, pies, quick breads, and cakes.
A wide range of baked goods including bars, biscotti, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies, granolas, and muffins are available at Wildflour with some options that are free of gluten.
You can also visit Trophy Cupcakes and Party and Sugar N Flakes from the best cupcakes in Seattle list for other gluten free selections.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Jucivana Coffee & Smoothies at 110 Boren Ave S
- Joe & The Juice at 2118 7th Ave
- Emerald City Smoothie at 428 Broadway E
- Pressed Juicery at 315 E Pine St
- Organic Juice Bar & Gyros at 229-B S 4th Pl B
- TRA Tea & Juice Bar at 10435 NE 4th St, Bellevue
- Bloom Juice at 7325 166th Ave NE, Redmond
- Alive Juice Bar at 2808 Hoyt Ave, Everett
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- The Fireside Room at 900 Madison St
- The Whale Wins at 3506 Stone Way N
- Westward at 2501 N Northlake Way
- Brimmer & Heeltap at 425 NW Market St
- Din Tai Fung at 700 Bellevue Way NE #280, Bellevue
The chocolate chip mint ice and ice cream cookies at The Fireside Room are known to be some of the best desserts in Seattle.
Westward is a full service water themed restaurant and bar that is well known for their affogato and butterscotch pot de crème which are some of the best desserts near you.
Horchata panna cotta with chili caramel and chocolate crisp and other seasonal delights are a must try at Brimmer and Heeltap.
Din Tai Fung is a Taiwanese restaurant offering their signature black sesame dumpling.
By the way we have also written about:
- Spokane Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Vancouver Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Portland Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- All-Pacific NW Ice Cream & Candy Shops
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Seattle
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Seattle.