Anyone that wants to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Vancouver has found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Vancouver like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on Canada at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Vancouver or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Earnest Ice Cream at 1829 Quebec St
- Rain or Shine Ice Cream at 3382 Cambie St
- La Casa Gelato at 1033 Venables St
- La Glace at 2785 W 16th Ave
- Matteos Gelato at 2615 Mary Hill Rd
- On Yogurt at 95 Smithe St
- TCBY at 1503 Bellevue Ave
- Yogen Früz at 4700 Kingsway
- Mister Artisan Ice Cream at 1141 Mainland St
- Sundae Delight Ice Cream at 128 St, Surrey
- Glenburn Soda Fountain & Confectionery at 4090 Hastings St, Burnaby
- Timothy’s Frozen Yogurt at 3800 Bayview St, Richmond
Rain or Shine serves seasonal gourmet local ice cream, ice cream cakes, and milkshakes. There are 238 flavors of gelato ranging from classics to innovative inventions at La Casa where nonfat, nondairy, low fat, and sugar free options are also provided as well as sorbetto and yogurt.
Sundae Delight has over 30 flavors of exquisite gelato and superb Indian falooda. A variety of ice cream in your area like sundaes, milkshakes, and malts as well as candy and soda syrups are offered at Glenburn.
Some of Matteo’s most popular handcrafted Italian gelato flavors include strawberry cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter, and pistachio. On Yogurt is one of the best spots to go for rolled frozen yogurt, ice cream, organic milk soft serve, bubble waffles, taiyaki, bubble tea, yogurt shakes, grilled sandwiches, and bagels.
You can find a variety of low fat, non fat, and no sugar added frozen sweets, chilled coffee drinks, and yogurts at TCBY. Yogen Früz makes customizable sweet frozen desserts and features a selection of ice creams, smoothies, and bubble teas.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- L’ atelier Patisserie at 260 E 5th Ave
- Purebread at 159 W Hastings St
- Keto Bakery Caveman at 601 W Pender St
- Bâtard Bakery at 3958 Fraser St
- Small Victory Bakery at 1088 Homer St
- Chez Christophe at 4717 Hastings St, Burnaby
- Maxim’s Bakery at 10153 King George Blvd #1060, Surrey
- Diplomat Bakery at 6168 London Rd #105, Richmond
- Europe Old Fashion Bakery & Deli at 2552 Shaughnessy St, Port Coquitlam
L’atelier Patisserie is bakery specializing in handcrafted French pastries and sweets near you along with breads and coffee. High quality breads, pastries, and light cuisine are served at Bâtard Bakery.
Keto Bakery Caveman offers keto, vegan, and gluten free baked sweets in your area. Small Victory Bakery is a good place to try gourmet pastries, breads, and sandwiches.
International pastries, cakes, and light meals are served in an upscale setting at Chez Christophe. Diplomat Bakery is known for serving some of the best sweet and savory pastries and custom cakes in Vancouver.
You can also head to Rain or Shine Ice Cream, Chez Christophe, Diplomat Bakery, Fairy Cakes, Clever, Lemonade, Panne Rizo, and Vegetarian Delite Bakery who we have linked you to in other lists for more tasty baked sweets.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Cartems Donuts at 534 W Pender St
- Lucky’s Doughnuts at 2902 Main St
- Duffin’s Donuts at 1391 E 41st Ave
- Lee’s Donuts at 1689 Johnston St
- Cin City Mini Donuts at 327 E Broadway
- Doughnut Love at 1655 Como Lake Ave #107, Coquitlam
- A1 Coffee & Donuts at 14795 108 Ave, Surrey
- Outpost Mini Donut Company at 12240 Second Ave #110, Richmond
- Boca Grande Donut Shop at 106-4841 Delta St, Delta
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Fairy Cakes Vegan Cupcakes at 3586 Fraser St
- Cupcakes at 10355 152 St #1376, Surrey
- Happy Cakes at 18640 Fraser Hwy, Surrey
- The Clever Cupcakes at 2985 Northern Ave #109, Coquitlam
Fairy Cakes excels at providing vegan and allergen free baked products as well as soups, stews, and customizable sandwiches. You can also head to Cupcakes for some of the most fanciful treats, cakes, and other nostalgic baked delights that are all freshly produced every day.
Happy Cakes sells over 20 flavors of signature delectable cupcakes in your area including caramelicious, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate truffle, and chocolate and coconut. Clever is a nut free bakery providing cakes, cupcakes, and cookies that are free of other allergens as well as coffee, tea, and a variety of cold beverages.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- The Candy Room at 1218 Robson St
- Granville Island Licorice Parlour at 1550 Anderson St
- Licorice Parlour at 1002 Commercial Dr
The Candy Room has over 400 bulk candies near you to choose from such as chocolate, licorice, gummies, jellybeans, sours, saltwater taffy, and many more. Over 100 different kinds of imported licorice, candies, chocolates, and hula hoops are available at Granville Island.
The Licorice Parlour is also a solid option for imported licorice, handmade organic quinoa waffles, chocolates, and hula hoops.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Lindt at 455 Howe St
- Rocky Mtn Chocolate at 1017 Robson St
- Purdys Chocolatier at 2705 Granville St
- Daniel Chocolates at 88 E 7th Ave
- Gem Chocolates at 2029 W 41st Ave
- Beta5 at 409 Industrial Ave
- Mink Chocolates & Café at 15775 Croydon Dr #110, Surrey
- Charlie’s Chocolate at 3746 Canada Way, Burnaby
- Sinfully The Best Chocolate at 12251 No 1 Rd #110, Richmond
Lindt Chocolate Shop has been selling quality Swiss chocolate, truffles, and confectionary since 1845. You can also buy gourmet chocolate, various confections, cocoa, and gift baskets at Rocky Mountain Chocolate.
Purdys Chocolatier produces local chocolate bars, snacks, assorted treats, nuts, candies, truffles, soft centers, peanut butter, salted sweets, and much more. Innovative chocolates, baked goods, and ice cream sandwiches are some of the items sold at Beta5. Don’t forget about the chocolates at The Candy Room, Granville Island, and The Licorice Parlour from our previous list.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries are a good healthier alternative:
- Lemonade Gluten Free Bakery at 3385 Cambie St
- The Gluten Free Epicurean at 633 E 15th Ave
- Panne Rizo Gluten Free Bakery at 1939 Cornwall Ave
- Edible Flours at 2280 W Broadway
- Vegetarian Delite Bakery at 8078 128 St #103, Surrey
- Cookie Crumbles Vegan Bakery
Lemonade bakes gluten free cakes, breads, and cookies near you using home ground flour and all natural ingredients. Healthy pastries, doughnuts, pizza, and sandwiches are available at The Gluten Free Epicurean.
Panne Rizo offers gluten free homemade cakes, cookies, and pastries too. Vegan cakes, cookies, and other savory foods are Edible Flours’ specialties.
Vegetarian Delite Bakery has a diverse selection of cookies, cakes, muffins, pastries, and pizza as well as vegan, gluten free, and sugar free products. Cookie Crumbles sells personalized and made to order cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and muffins that you can also buy online.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Squish Juicery at 2099 Lougheed Hwy #180B
- Glory Juice at 2186 W 4th Ave
- The Juice Truck 5th Ave at 28 W 5th Ave
- Booster Juice at 333 Brooksbank Ave #120
- Purpose Smoothie Co at 115-3900 Bayview St, Richmond
- Mindful Juice Bar at 10330 152 St #5, Surrey
- Squish Juicery at 2099 Lougheed Hwy #180B, Port Coquitlam
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Ofra’s Kitchen at 1088 Denman St
- Blue Water Café at 1095 Hamilton St
- Straight & Marrow at 1869 Powell St
Ofra’s makes some of the most famous desserts near you including baklava, malabi cream, and Mayan nutty balls. Blue Water Café serves exquisite seafood as well as some of Vancouver’s most delectable desserts like lime panna cotta, greek yoghurt mascarpone cheesecake, pistachio creme brulee, tiramisu chocolate bar, and warm dark chocolate cake.
Straight and Marrow is known for serving delicious desserts like their s’mores and arroz con leche. We have also written a:
- Seattle Local Dessert Guide
- Portland Local Dessert Guide
- Calgary Local Dessert Guide
- Edmonton Local Dessert Guide
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Vancouver
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Vancouver.