Thanks for joining us for this discussion about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Madrid. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Madrid gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts in town will round us out.
A local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on Spain at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Madrid ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Mistura Ice Cream at C. de Goya, 50
- Kalúa at C. de Fuencarral, 131
- Gioelia Cremeria at C. de Atocha, 42
- Labonata Heladeria at Pl. de Chueca, 8
- Töto Ice Cream & Coffee at C. Alta de San Pablo, 12
- llaollao at C. de Alcalá, 347
Mistura provides a wide range of shakes, waffles, and specialty coffee in addition to being well known for their excellent ice creams in your area.
Over 30 flavors of homemade Italian gelato which are available in vegan, sugar free, and lactose free versions are offered along with sorbet fruit popsicles, Sicilian fruit granita, 25 kinds of various milkshakes, and other treats at Labonata.
Some of the best ice creams and sorbets in Madrid can be found at Töto Ice Cream and Coffee and they contain up to 70% organic fruits plus they also provide fresh pastries and other baked goods.
Llaollao uses fresh Cantabrian yogurt and Galician skimmed milk when making their tasty local frozen yogurts while offering a variety of toppings. They also produce signature sanums, frappes, fondues, smoothies, and waffles.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Bakery pastry Panishop at C. de los Estudios, 9
- Vanille Bakery Lab S.L. at C. de Donoso Cortés, 8
- Santa Eulalia at C. del Espejo, 12
- Moega Empanadas Y Pan Gallego at C. del León, 26
- Colette Bakery Madrid at Av. de Córdoba, 25
- Filify Bakery & Coffee at C. de Argumosa, 35
Since 1902 Panishop has been offering sourdough bread, cakes, pastries, pasta, chocolates, and sweet treats near you.
Sourdough bread, pastries, snacks, breakfasts, and brunches are served along with specialty coffee at Santa Eulalia.
Moega specializes in Galician empanadas and flavored breads using only organic flour, water, and salt.
There are also tasty baked sweets in Madrid at the places in our cupcake list which is up next and our gluten free list which is coming soon.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Delish Vegan Doughnuts at C. Alta de San Pablo, 12, Local Derecho
- VegAmazing Doughnuts at C. del Duque de Sesto, 31
- Bite Me Café at Pl. de la Beata María Ana de Jesús, 2
- Chök at C. de Augusto Figueroa, 16
- La Mallorquina at Prta del Sol 8
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Oh My Cup! at C. de Puentelarra, 40
- So Sweet at C. Clara del Rey, 11
- Cupcakes Happy To You at C. de López de Hoyos, 78 Duplicado
- Ricci’s Cakes at Av. del General Perón, 16
- Freedom Cakes Café at C. de Cádiz, 7
In addition to lactose free and gluten free cupcakes O my Cup! also serves cakepops, cookies, cinnamon buns, and cakes with customized decorations.
A wide range of cupcakes, beautiful cakes, cake pops, cookies, and brownies are featured at Happy Cupcakes To You. Red velvet, Oreo, and carrot cake are their most popular classic cupcake flavors.
Not only does Ricci’s Cakes produce imaginative cakes and pastries but they also serve exquisite savory entrees as well as cookies and biscuits.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Dulces la Ciudad at C. de Embajadores, 208
- Captain Candy Shops at C. de Postas, 9
- Sweet Way at C. de Sánchez Barcáiztegui, 36
- La Violeta at Pl. de Canalejas, 6
- Caramelos Paco at C. de Toledo, 53/55
Candy, clouds and marshmallows, chewing gums, licorice, and pica pica sweets are just a few of the many confections available at Dulces la Ciudad where they also offer healthier options without sugar, nuts, gluten, nor lactose.
Some of the world’s finest and most delectable chocolates and candies can be found in your area at Captain Candy Shop as well as high quality marshmallow, jellies, and Jonny’s treasures.
Caramelos Paco has established itself as a benchmark for the major Spanish candy producers by providing sugar free and allergen free sweets.
Most of the local chocolate shops we are about to mention should offer a wide range of candies too.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Chocolat Madrid at C. de Sta. María, 30
- Lindt at C. de Fuencarral, 43
- Chocolala Belga at C. del Bonetillo, No 1
- Chocolatería San Ginés at Pasadizo de San Ginés, 5
- Chocolat Factory at Av. del General Perón, 40 #36
- Chocolateria 1902 at C. de San Martín, 2
Chocolat Madrid produces premium handmade chocolates with a variety of natural infusions and teas in addition to being well known for their churros and porras.
Since 1894 Chocolatera San Ginés has been one of the most well known chocolate stores near you and they are known to make some great churros too.
There’s a fine selection of chocolates, truffles, candied and nut products, bars, slabs, and sugar free treats at Chocolat Factory.
Chocolate 1902’s makes products using three South American cocoas which are available in vegan, sugar free, lactose free, and gluten free versions.
More options for great chocolates include Panishop, Captain Candy Shop, and [0% Gluten] Madrid from some different lists.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- LAIB Madrid at Paseo de la R. Cristina, 30
- [0% Gluten] Madrid at C. de Vallehermoso, 33
- Sana Locura Gluten Free Bakery at C. del Gral Oraá, 49
- Celicioso at C. del Barquillo, 19
[0% Gluten]’s products are free of gluten and other allergens like eggs, lactose, and yeast. They feature a very diverse range of breads, biscuits, cakes, muffins, brioches, cookies, pizzas, focaccias, salads, coffees, chocolates, juices, and an endless number of other foods and drinks.
Up to 17 different kinds of bread as well as empanadas, puff pastries, and some of the most creative birthday cakes in your area are all available at Sana Locura.
Celicioso’s vegan cakes, cookies, cupcakes, raw cakes, and other baked products are free of lactose and sugar.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Juicy Avenue Serrano at C. Serrano, 93
- Frutas Prohibidas at Local Frutas Prohibidas, C. del Conde Duque, 26
- Jungle Juice Bar at C. de Monforte de Lemos, 36
- Cafe Green Bakery at C. de Meléndez Valdés, 49
- Almalibre Açaí House at C. de la Libertad, 17
- Origen Taste The World S.L. at C. de las Maldonadas, 7
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- MÜR Café at Pl. Cristino Martos, 2
- Restaurante Cañadio at C. del Conde de Peñalver, 86
- La Maruca at C. de Velázquez, 54
- La Primera at C. Gran Vía, 1
The Mür Cafe serves coffee, tea, cakes, and brunch in a rustic industrial setting with two floors, wooden beams, and a fireplace. They are listed here because they are known to make some of the best desserts in Madrid like their pan tostado, crumpets, tarts, and bizcocho casero.
Restaurante Cañadio’s cheesecake is highly recommended.
Aside from La Maruca’s great local desserts that include chocolate brownies, Canadian cheesecake, and cheese and honey flan their lemon tart 1981 is one of their guests’ favorite sweets.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Barcelona
- Our Favorite Desserts in Valencia
- Our Favorite Desserts in Lisbon
- Our Favorite Desserts in Paris
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Madrid
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Madrid.