Hello folks! Thanks for joining us for this discussion about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Nashville. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Nashville gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts around the metro will round us out.
A sweets map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other local dessert guides for Southeastern cities right there.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Nashville ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at 1892 Eastland Ave
- Mike’s Ice Cream at 129 2nd Ave N
- Mimi’s Ice Cream & Coffee Shoppe at 2400 Music Valley Dr
- Bobbie’s Dairy Dip at 5301 Charlotte Ave
- Yogurt Mountain at 5225 Old Hickory Blvd
- The Soda Bar at 1500 Medical Center Pkwy #1C, Murfreesboro
- Scoopys Ice Cream Bar at 810 NW Broad St, Murfreesboro
- Kilwins Franklin at 405 Main St, Franklin
- Sweethaven at 1015 Westhaven Blvd, Franklin
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream at 10646 Concord Rd, Brentwood
- Sweet CeCe’s at 1720 N Mt Juliet Rd, Mt. Juliet
More than 30 delightful flavors of homemade ice cream in your area are sold at Mike’s.
Mimi’s Ice Cream Shoppe offers 24 flavors to choose from ranging from classic to new and seasonal flavors that are added each month in addition to mouthwatering sorbets and yogurts with some options that are low in fat as well as gluten and lactose free.
Over 16 flavors of including all natural local yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream along with more than 50 toppings are sold at Yogurt Mountain.
The Soda Bar in Murfreesboro serves specialty ice creams, craft sodas, floats, Hawaiian shave ice, and coffees.
Sweethaven in Franklin features a sprinkle themed bar with farm fresh frozen yogurt, premium hand dipped ice cream, gourmet popsicles, weekend donuts, and delicious baked goods.
Fresh cut fruits are offered at Sweet CeCe’s in Mt. Juliet along with frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, sorbet, and a variety of toppings.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Five Daughters Bakery at 1110 Caruthers Ave
- Sweet 16th at 311 N 16th St
- Dozen Bakery at 516 Hagan St #103
- Baked on 8th at 1512 8th Ave S
- Yeast Nashville at 805 Woodland St #300
- Nashville Sweets at 803 Woodland St
- Simply Pure Sweets at 128 N Church St, Murfreesboro
- Merridee’s Breadbasket at 110 4th Ave S, Franklin
- Papa C Pies Bakery at 99 Seaboard Ln #100, Brentwood
Sweet 16th is a local bakery offering freshly baked sweets every day including scones, muffins, coffee cakes, cookies, and cakes as well as an array of vegetarian savory options.
Dozen Bakery serves some of the best desserts near you that are made from high quality organic ingredients including cookies, muffins, scones, croissants, and plenty more.
Authentic Czech kolaches, savory and sweet baked goods, Drew’s Brews coffee, and high garden tea are offered at Yeast Nashville.
Nashville Sweets serves delicious and uniquely designed custom cakes and desserts.
Pies, brownies, cookies, and cakes in Franklin are available daily at Merridee’s Breadbasket as well as homemade soups and quiches. We also have a list of great cupcake shops and gluten free bakeries upcoming so be sure to check them out.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Shipley Do-Nuts at 2540 Old Lebanon Rd
- East Park Donuts & Coffee at 700 Main St
- Fox’s Donut Den at 3900 Hillsboro Pike #2
- Parlor Doughnuts at 1720 West End Ave
- Donut Country at 1311 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro
- Tiny Little Donuts at 328 5th Ave N, Franklin
- Peace Love & Little Donuts at 213 Franklin Rd #120, Brentwood
You can also visit Sweethaven from our best ice cream in Nashville list for more delightful donuts.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- The Cupcake Collection at 1213 6th Ave N
- Julia’s HomeStyle Bakery at 1911 Medical Center Pkwy B, Murfreesboro
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 3065 Mallory Ln #106, Franklin
- Kailey Cakes at 1418 W Main St, Franklin
- Yaya’s Cupcake Factory
The Cupcake Collection sells regular, mini, and jumbo cupcakes in your area along with celebration cakes, wedding cakes, and pupcakes made from high quality premium ingredients plus they have a variety of options that are vegan and gluten free.
The in-store menu at Gigi’s features a variety of cakes in addition to their traditional, seasonal, and mini cupcakes that are lavishly topped with two swirls of Gigi’s signature icing.
Plenty of the bakeries we just listed will also make great cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Saveannah’s Candy Kitchen at 310 Broadway
- It’Sugar at 122 Opry Mills Dr
- Leon’s Candy at Butler’s Run Breezeway, 138 2nd Ave N #102
- The Country Gourmet at 107 E Main St, Murfreesboro
It’Sugar sells creative confections, amusing novelty items, and enormous candies.
Pralines, liquor pralines, turtles, caramels, and assorted tins that are sold at Leon’s Candy near you that are handmade and free of preservative and gluten.
The Country Gourmet offers distinctive presents, chocolates, candies, and sweet baskets in Murfreesboro that are exquisitely made for a special someone.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at 348 Opry Mills Dr
- Goo Goo Chocolate Co at 116 3rd Ave S
- Olive & Sinclair Chocolate Co at 1628 Fatherland St
- Tempered Fine Chocolates at 1201 5th Ave N #103
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory at 1735 Galleria Blvd #1037, Franklin
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory uses exclusive recipes and high quality ingredients to produce about 300 chocolate candies and other confectioneries like clusters, caramels, creams, meltaways, truffles, and molded chocolates to name a few.
Some of the sweetest Southern traditions like a mound of marshmallow nougats, caramels, and freshly roasted peanuts covered in real milk chocolate are available at Goo Goo Chocolate Company in addition to other homemade sweets, alcoholic milkshakes, and personalized candy bar.
Olive and Sinclair makes local chocolate bars from authentic cacao beans that are slowly roasted, stone ground, and sweetened with pure brown sugar to give its distinctive Southern artisan chocolate flavor.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Sunflower Bakehouse at 2414 Lebanon Pike sells a variety of gluten free baked sweets in Nashville including cupcakes, muffins, cookies, scones, and upside down cakes.
Other good places to try gluten free baked goods are Five Daughters Bakery and The Cupcake Collection who we linked you to earlier.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Clean Juice at 412 11th Ave N
- The Urban Juicer at 2206 8th Ave S
- Fix Juice Co at 6017A TN-100
- Jamba Elliston 23 at 2314 Elliston Pl
- Smoothie King at 1505 12th Ave S
- Wild Berry Acai at 819 Main St
- I Love Juice Bar at 804 N Thompson Ln #1J, Murfreesboro
- Hillsboro Nutrition at 1114 Hillsboro Rd # 130, Franklin
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Café Intermezzo at 205 Demonbreun St, 2nd Ave S
- Arnold’s Country Kitchen at 605 8th Ave S
- Maggiano’s Little Italy at 3106 West End Ave
- Porta Via Ristorante e Bar at 21 White Bridge Rd #104
- Coco’s Italian Market & Restaurant at 411 51st Ave N
- The Alley on Main at 223 W Main St, Murfreesboro
One of the best desserts in Nashville has to be the apple cinnamon mini pies at Café Intermezzo.
The dessert of choice at Arnold’s Country Kitchen for many locals seems to be the great chocolate pie.
Maggiano’s Little Italy’s lemon cookies and chocolate layered cakes are among the most popular desserts near you.
The gelato at Porta Via Ristorante e Bar is a must try.
The Alley on Main offers steaks, seafoods, pastas, and homemade desserts in Murfreesboro like their famous carrot cake and freshly churned vanilla ice cream with caramel, kosher salt, and Coopers’ Craft bourbon.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Nashville
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Nashville.