Hello there and thanks for checking out our guide for the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Atlanta. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Atlanta gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts around the metro will round us out.
A local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on the Southeast at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Atlanta ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Morelli’s Ice Cream at 749 Moreland Ave SE #B102
- Sweet-Stack at 25 Piedmont Ave NE
- Sweet Charlie’s at 3872 Roswell Rd NE
- Honeysuckle Gelato at 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
- Big Softie at 66 Georgia Ave SE
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 3011 N Druid Hills Rd
- Natural’s Ice Cream Yogurt & Smoothie at 190 Marietta St NW
- Yogli Mogli Frozen Yogurt at 2090 Dunwoody Club Dr #123
- Kwality Ice Creams at 6631-D Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Bruster’s at 226 Johnson Ferry Rd, Sandy Springs
- TCBY at 4920 Roswell Rd NE, Sandy Springs
- Cold Stone Creamery at 1105 Woodstock Rd #130, Roswell
- Butter & Cream at 416 Church St, Decatur
- Sweetreats at 134 S Park Sq NE, Marietta
- Four Fat Cows at 68 Marietta Pkwy NW, Marietta
- Southern Custard at 3575 Durden Dr NE #302, Brookhaven
Morelli’s Ice Cream is noted for its homemade and distinctive flavors which are available every day starting at 12pm.
Cookies, donut sandwiches, and some of the best homemade ice cream in your area including some with vegan, inventive, and conventional flavors are offered at Sweet Stack starting at 12pm daily.
You can get made to order ice cream and frozen yogurt in Atlanta that is free of preservatives, emulsifiers, and stabilizers as well as complementary desserts every day at Sweet Charlie’s.
Honeysuckle creates delectable gelato and sorbet in addition to gelato shakes, sandwiches, and much more Monday through Saturday starting at 11am and 12pm on Sunday.
Big Softie uses some of the best ingredients including local Georgia dairy and organic cane sugar plus they offer delicious toppings and waffle cones that are all made in house.
Over 100 rotating frozen yogurt flavors with vegan, gluten free, non dairy, kosher, low carb, and low fat options as well as 70 rotating toppings are available at Menchie’s.
Natural’s provides some of the best ice cream, smoothies, sundaes, and milkshakes near you from 10am to 8:30pm daily.
Yogli Mogli’s frozen yogurt comes in a variety of sweet and sour tastes with sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free options.
You can choose from over 36 gourmet varieties of all natural ice cream in Sandy Springs at Kwality every day starting at 11:30am.
150 artisan ice cream, yogurt, Italian ice, and sorbet flavors are served in fresh waffle cones at Bruster’s which also makes other premium desserts.
TCBY is a well known shop providing vegan and protein rich ice creams and frozen yogurts that are free of gluten, dairy, and GMO while their super froyo flavors contain fiber, protein, calcium, and Vitamin D.
Tasty and fresh ice cream creations, cakes, shakes, and smoothies made from fine ingredients are available at Cold Stone Creamery in Roswell.
Butter and Cream in Decatur specializes in handcrafted small batch premium ice cream, sorbets, desserts, and baked goods.
Every day at 12pm Sweetreats opens up offering custom blended ice cream, espresso based beverages, frozen yogurt, and ice cream cakes.
You can get homemade ice cream and baked goodies with gluten and dairy free options at Four Fat Cows seven days a week.
Southern Custard specializes in freshly crafted frozen custard, espresso, and other delectable treats Tuesday through Sunday.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Highland Bakery at 655 Highland Ave NE
- Henri’s Bakery & Deli at 56 E Andrews Dr NW
- CEG Bakery at 2591 Piedmont Rd NE #1115
- Alon’s Bakery & Market at 1394 N Highland Ave NE
- Baker Dude Bakery Café at 1235 Chattahoochee Ave NW #130-33
- Sweet Cheats at 692 B Kirkwood Ave SE #B1
- Breadwinner Cafe & Bakery at 220 Sandy Springs Cir, Sandy Springs
- I Canita Cake at 1294 Alpharetta St #B, Roswell
- Heavenly Cakes Cakery at 5658A Riverdale Rd #Q, College Park
- Buena Gente at 1365 Clairmont Rd, Decatur
- Gabriel’s at 800 Whitlock Ave NW #135, Marietta
- My Fair Sweets at 110 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates
- Piece of Cake at 9775 Medlock Bridge Rd #N, Johns Creek
Henri’s Bakery and Deli is open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Saturday.
Some of the items available at CEG Bakery include made from scratch cakes, gourmet sweets, pastries, cookies, donuts, pies, cupcakes, muffins, bread, and a range of other treats.
An extensive assortment of baked breads, European style cakes, handcrafted pastries, gourmet sandwiches, freshly cooked dishes, beautiful cheeses, gorgeous chocolates, and other delectable treats are available from 7am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 9am to 4pm on Sunday at Alon’s Bakery and Market.
Baker Dude Bakery Café specializes in freshly made morning pastries, delectable snacks, and some of the best cakes and cupcakes in your area. They are open from 8am to 2pm Tuesday through Thursday and until 8pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Sweet Cheats is a good place to go for freshly baked cinnamon rolls, scones, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, and freshly brewed coffee and tea which are sold from 9am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday and until 3pm on Sunday.
For over a decade Breadwinner Café and Bakery in Sandy Springs has been serving up delectably fresh baked products and healthy lunch items.
I Canita Cake in Roswell is a full service bakery providing custom orders, decorated cookies, bespoke cakes, and cupcakes from 8:30am to 4pm Tuesday through Friday and until 1pm on Saturday.
Flavorful handcrafted pound cakes with cream cheese are some of what is available from 12pm to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday at Heavenly Cakes Cakery in College Park.
Buena Gente in Decatur bakes up authentic Cuban pastries, sandwiches, empanadas, and other specialties and serves them along with coffee from 8am to 2pm Tuesday through Friday and from 9am on Saturday and Sunday.
Some of the tastiest made from scratch desserts in Marietta are created at Gabriel’s who also offers home cooked Southern cuisine six days a week from 11am to 6pm.
In Avondale Estates you can head to My Fair Sweets’ who has top selling items like loaded cheesecakes, homemade lemonade, famed banana and no nana pudding, macaroons, brownies, strawberry shortcake, cake slices, chocolates, and cupcakes. You can visit them from 12pm to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Custom baked cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies in Johns Creek are offered at Piece of Cake.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- DaVinci’s Donuts at 3393 Peachtree Rd
- Duck Donuts at 3655 Roswell Rd NE #210
- Hero Doughnuts & Buns at 33 Georgia Ave SE
- Doughnut Dollies at 1963 Howell Mill Rd NW
- Sublime Doughnuts at 2566 Briarcliff Rd NE
- Sarah Donuts at 663 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell
- Revolution Doughnuts at 908 W College Ave, Decatur
- Ray’s Donuts #4 at 2106 Candler Rd, Decatur
- Dough In The Box Donuts at 3184 Austell Rd SW, Marietta
Where To Buy Cupcakes
The cupcakes from these shops are highly thought of:
- Endulge Cupcake Boutique at 749 Moreland Ave SE
- Smallcakes Cupcakery at 2566 Briarcliff Rd NE #103
- Piece Of Cake at 3215 Roswell Rd NE
- Sweet Jeanius at 8610 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Lenox Cupcakes at 114 E Ponce de Leon Ave #A, Decatur
At Endulge Cupcake Boutique you will find a variety of one-of-a-kind cupcakes including vegan and mini cupcakes in 13 natural flavors plus they make customized cakes.
Smallcakes Cupcakery bakes and frosts their 16 signature flavors of cupcakes fresh from scratch every morning while offering daily specials, seasonal, and special tastes using inventive flavors and quality ingredients.
Made from scratch gourmet cakes and cupcakes in a variety of flavors are available at Piece of Cake who also makes some delicious cookies and brownies.
Sweet Jeanius bakes everything fresh and from scratch including cupcakes, cakes, brownies, and cookies in a variety of flavors.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Savannah’s Candy Kitchen at 6000 N Terminal Pkwy
- Club Candy at 12 Park Pl
- Miss D’s Pralines at 209 Edgewood Ave SE
- It’Sugar at 264 19th St NW Bldg 2 #2100
- Southern Candy Co at 231 W Peachtree St NW
- Lolli & Pops at 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE
- River Street Sweets at 455 Legends Pl
- Cirque Confections at 280 Hammond Dr, Sandy Springs
- Greene’s Fine Foods at 141 E Trinity Pl, Decatur
- Rocket Fizz at 128 South Park Sq, Marietta
From the famed Savannah original pralines to saltwater taffy to hand stretched peanut brittle Savannah’s Candy Kitchen crafts candies and memories.
Club Candy carries a wide range of local and foreign selections along with some of the most delightful and sweet sugar free organic treats.
Caramel, cheese, butter popcorn, and other homemade candies near you are sold from 8am to 5pm Tuesday through Saturday at Miss D’s.
It’Sugar is a hip candy shop selling unique sweets, novelty presents, and big candies every day starting at 12pm.
You can choose from a large assortment of candies, gummies, chocolate, international snacks, and presents for any occasion at Lolli and Pops from 11am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 7pm on Sunday.
Many people buy Savannah pralines, chocolates, pecan pie, baked pastries, and more at River Street Sweets every day starting at 11am.
Cirque Confections features a wide selection of handcrafted luxury chocolates and candies in Sandy Springs from 11am to 6pm Tuesday through Friday and 12pm to 3pm on Saturday.
Greene’s Fine Foods is a family owned candy store in Decatur selling some of the best Georgia pecans, nuts, candies, and gourmet foods from 11am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday.
One of the largest candy and soda collections in the Atlanta Metro can be found at Rocket Fizz in Marietta which has a gigantic selection.
Of course many of the local chocolate shops from our next list sell a wide range of candies too.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Cacao at 3017 Peachtree Rd NE #A150
- Kilwins Atlantic Station at 1380 Atlantic Dr NW #14160
- Xocolatl Small Batch Chocolate at 99 Krog St NE
- Chamberlain’s Chocolates at 1575 Old Alabama Rd, Roswell
- Chef Brulee Chocolates at 1140 Alpharetta St, Roswell
- Elizabeth’s Delightful Edibles at 3894 Due W Rd NW #235, Marietta
Cacao is a gourmet bean to bar chocolate store in Atlanta that is open from 10am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.
Kilwins in Atlantic Station specializes in chocolates, ice cream, homemade fudge, caramel apples, chocolates, corns, and brittles that are made to perfection from 11am to 10pm daily.
One of the best collections of artisan, hot, and baking chocolates near you along with great gift packages can be found at Xocolatl.
Chamberlains Chocolate Factory in Roswell creates and sells its own custom chocolates, confections, fruit bouquets, chocolate dipped strawberries, custom order chocolate items, vegan and non dairy chocolates, and other products from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday.
There are decadent milk chocolates, deep dark chocolates, and creamy white chocolates with nuts, fruit, liqueurs, and other unique ingredients sold at Chef Brulee.
Handcrafted chocolates are the specialties of Elizabeth’s Delightful Ediblesin Marietta which are available from 10am to 6pm Tuesday through Friday and until 2pm on Saturday.
Many of the candy shops in your area from our previous list will also be great places to buy chocolates too.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery at 2162 Briarcliff Rd NE
- Marilyn’s Gluten Free Gourmet at 1007 Mansell Rd #D, Roswell
- Hell Yeah Gluten Free at 900 Dekalb Ave NE #500
- Zambawango at 901 Abernathy Rd CU 400, Sandy Springs
- Southern Sweets Bakery at 186 Rio Cir, Decatur
Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery prepares cakes, cupcakes, pies, and other sweet treats in Atlanta that are free of dairy, eggs, and soy from 10am to 5:30pm Tuesday through Friday and until 3:30pm on Saturday.
There are rich, nutritious, and healthy sweets sold at Marilyn’s Gluten Free Gourmet from 9am to 5pm on weekdays.
Hell Yeah Gluten Free’s menu changes frequently based on season while they generally feature products like overnight oats, dessert cups, cake bombs, bread, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, cheese biscuits, and other new creations.
Low carb treats, pastries, baked products, homemade sugar free all natural syrups, and much more are served from 9am to 5pm Tuesday through Friday and until 4pm on Saturday at Zambawango.
Southern Sweets Bakery is proud to offer an extensive menu of classic and modern desserts with vegan and gluten free options in Decatur from 8am to 5pm on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Dtox at 3850 Roswell Rd NE
- Arden’s Garden at 2005 Hosea L Williams Dr SE
- LottaFrutta at 590 Auburn Ave NE
- Perfect Pear at 1122 Old Chattahoochee Ave #E
- Roots Pressed Juices at 3400 Around Lenox Rd #202A
- Clean Juice at 2260 Marietta Blvd #105
- Paradise Smoothie Juice Bar at 2841 Greenbriar Pkwy SW
- The Raw Experience at 5975 Roswell Rd #205, Sandy Springs
- Rush Bowls at 1110 Hammond Dr, Sandy Springs
- Planet Smoothie at 1105 Woodstock Rd #130, Roswell
- JuicyDrop at 119 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur
- Get Juiced at 1429 Scott Blvd, Decatur
- SOL at 68 N Marietta Pkwy NW, Marietta
- UpDog at 107 Church St, Marietta
- JuiceSide at 3005 Old Alabama Rd #30, Johns Creek
You can also get high quality smoothies at Cold Stone Creamery and Natural’s Ice Cream Yogurt and Smoothie from our initial list.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Sovereign Sweets at 3210 Roswell Rd #C
- The Cheesecake Factory at 3393 Peachtree Road NE #3076A
- Douceur De France at 1173 Alpharetta St, Roswell
- Paolino Italian Restaurant at 350 Mead Rd, Decatur
- Sugar Cakes Patisserie at 101 N Park Sq NE, Marietta
- Patio Cafe & Bakery at 5950 G State Bridge Rd, Johns Creek
- Seven Sisters Kitchen at 6955 McGinnis Ferry Rd, Johns Creek
You can buy delectable desserts in Atlanta from 7pm to 2am Tuesday through Saturday and until 12am on Sunday at Sovereign Sweets.
The Cheesecake Factory in your area prepares 250 scratch made items every day as well as 40 iconic cheesecakes and other desserts.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Charlotte
- Our Favorite Desserts in Nashville
- Our Favorite Desserts in Memphis
- Our Favorite Desserts in Miami
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Atlanta
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Atlanta.