Thanks for joining us for this discussion about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Porto. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Porto gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts in town will round us out.
A local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on the region at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Porto ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Santini at Largo dos Lóios 16 20
- Gelataria Portuense at R. do Bonjardim 136
- Cremosi at 344, R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 342
- Gelataria Neveiros at Rua da Alegria 930
- Amorino at Rua de Santa Catarina 222
- Gelataria La Copa at Ave de Rodrigues de Freitas 366
- Gelatopia at R. de Ferreira Borges 68
- Weeel Frozen Yogurt at R. Sara Afonso
- Llaollao at Ave Dr. Óscar Lopes
Neveiros is one the oldest ice cream shops in your area and has been serving over 50 types of artisanal and natural ice cream for over 70 years.
Since 2014 La Copa has been providing some of the best Italian style ice creams and sorbets as well as gluten free crepes, pancakes, and waffles.
Weeel makes frozen yogurts near you that have lower fat, sugar, and calories as well as waffles, crepes, pancakes, and smoothies.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these great bakeries:
- Confeitaria do Bolhão at R. Formosa 339
- Bella Roma at R. de Sampaio Bruno 19
- Molete Bread & Breakfast Saint Lazarus at 418, Ave de Rodrigues de Freitas 256
- Padaria Ribeiro at Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes 21
- Fábrica da Nata at Rua de Santa Catarina 331 335
- Padeirinha Doce at R. de Augusto Rosa 46
You can get baked products and savory meals as well as grab and go options at Confeitaria do Bolho.
Fábrica do Nata serves breakfast, lunch, and snacks in addition to being well known for its pastéis de nata or cream custard tarts which are one of Portugal’s most popular pastry delicacies.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
Where To Buy Cupcakes
If you know of any good local cupcake shops please tell us in the comments, for now our best advice is to head to one of those bakeries.
Candy Stores Near You
If you want to buy candy in Porto then head to one of the chocolate shops from our next list.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge in your area visit one of these shops:
- Chocolataria Equador at R. de Sá da Bandeira 637
- Arcádia at Ave da Boavista 1046
- Bonitos Bombonaria at R. Afonso Lopes Vieira 150
Since 1933 Arcádia has been recognized for its tasty bonbons.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
My Green Pastry is dedicated to making vegan and gluten free pastries and savory snacks.
Be Natural at Praça do Bom Sucesso 74-90 is known to sell some great smoothies.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
If you know of any restaurants with great desserts in Porto please let us know in the comments, thanks.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Best Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Lisbon
- Best Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Madrid
- Best Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Seville
- Best Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Barcelona
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In Porto
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts near you then you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Porto.