Anyone that wants to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Albuquerque and Santa Fe has found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Albuquerque and Santa Fe like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on the area at this link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Albuquerque and Santa Fe or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- I Scream Ice Cream at 2000 Carlisle Blvd NE
- Frost Gelato at 2201 Q St NE #9a
- Nitro Fog Creamery at 3600 Cutler Ave NE #6
- Steve’s Ice Cream & Java at 323 Romero St NW # 16
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 11225 Montgomery Blvd NE # A
- Olo Dessert Studio at 3339 Central Ave NE
- Ecco Espresso & Gelato at 128 E Marcy St, Santa Fe
- Ultra Icecream at 3300 Calle Maria Luisa, Santa Fe
- Oasis Ice Cream Shop at 418 Cerrillos Rd #5, Santa Fe
- Baskin-Robbins at 1841 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe
- La Lecheria at 500 Market St #110, Santa Fe
- Frogurt at 2801 Rodeo Rd #B-11, Santa Fe
I Scream offers inventive ice cream flavors with creative toppings, banana splits, shakes, sundaes, chocolate dipped frozen bananas, malts, and fruit smoothies.
Frost specializes in homemade gelato, sorbet, and coffee.
Nitro Fog Creamery serves decadent handcrafted ice creams in ABQ along with great sorbets, cold pressed organic juices, smoothies, and açai bowls.
Some of the most popular ice cream flavors at La Lecheria include avocado, habanero vanilla, almond chocolate, vegan coconut miso, mango ginger sorbet, sweet corn, citrus basil, and cracker jack.
Menchie’s sells frozen yogurt by the pound.
You can order breakfast as well as choose from a wide range of healthy frozen yogurts, ice creams, paletas, pastries, cupcakes, cookies, and much more at Olo Dessert Studio.
A wide range of handcrafted gelato flavors, coffees, and teas are available at Ecco Espresso and Gelato.
Ultra Icecream offers a hand chopped and hand created ultra-ice cream in Santa Fe from 3pm to 9pm Friday through Sunday.
Oasis Ice Cream Shop sells homemade ice cream, fresh gourmet popsicles, snow cones, fresh fruit with chili and chamoy, Mexican snacks, churros, waffles on a stick, and lunch items like tacos, tortas, and hamburgers from noon to 7pm Monday through Friday and till 6pm on Saturday.
Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest ice cream specialty store chain and the one in town is open daily from 11am to 10pm offering over 1,000 different ice cream flavors and a range of delectable desserts.
La Lecheria usually opens at 1pm except on Saturday when they open at 10am selling ice cream in the old-fashioned way without stabilizers or artificial ingredients and using high quality organic dairy, organic eggs, and organic sugar.
Frogurt offers a diverse range of great flavors every week.
You can also buy high quality ice creams near you at places from some different lists including Smallcakes, Kakawa Chocolate House, and Santacafe.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Golden Crown Panaderia at 1103 Mountain Rd NW
- Swiss Alps Bakery at 3000 San Pedro Dr NE
- Rude Boy Cookies at 1916 Central Ave SE # E
- Ihatov Bread & Coffee at 3400 Central Ave SE
- El Dorado Bakery at 2125 Broadway Blvd SE
- Pastian’s Bakery at 3320 2nd St NW
- French Pastry Shop & Restaurant at 100 E San Francisco St, Santa Fe
- Sage Bakehouse at 535 Cerrillos Rd C, Santa Fe
- Clafoutis at 333 W Cordova Rd, Santa Fe
- Wild Leaven Bakery at 130 N Guadalupe St, Santa Fe
- Bread Shop at 1703 Lena St, Santa Fe
- Del Valle Panaderia at 3140 Cerrillos Rd #F, Santa Fe
- Cloud Cliff Bakery at 1805 2nd St, Santa Fe
Golden Crown Panaderia provides a fine assortment of pastries, cookies, homemade breads, pizzas, salads, fruit smoothies, milkshakes, teas, gourmet coffees, and much more. Their famous green chili bread is a must try.
Signature cookies and flavored milks are served all day along with ska music at Rude Boy Cookies. Since 1972 Pastian’s has been a full service local bakery offering high quality made from scratch goods including cakes, loaves, muffins, cookies, and plenty more.
The French Pastry Shop & Restaurant serves espresso, crêpes, and sweets in a lovely setting.
Open face sandwiches made with home baked breads are available at Sage Bakehouse.
Clafoutis is a bakery and café that is open from 7am to 3pm Monday through Saturday serving some of the best pastries, coffee, and fresh baked sweets in Santa Fe.
From 8:30am to 2pm on Wednesday through Saturday you can visit Wild Leaven Bakery who specializes in long fermentation artisan sourdough bread and baked goods made with organic and locally sourced grains and ingredients.
Bread Shop is a small bread bakery that is open from 9am to 3pm Wednesday through Saturday specializing in organically leavened breads.
Del Valle Panaderia serves a variety of fresh foods every day from 9am to 7pm including baked potato bread, Manhattan bread, margarita bread, negrono cake, margarita cake, Caesar salad cake, negrono cupcakes, and mushroom cupcakes.
Cloud Cliff is open from 8am to 4pm Monday through Saturday and 8:30am to 1pm on Sunday baking millions of loaves of artisan bread in a French stone hearth oven using locally grown wheat.
Some of the best baked goods in Albuquerque and Santa Fe are also available at places from our other lists including Olo Dessert Studio, Q’s Cakes & Sweets Boutique, Flying Star Café, and Santacafe.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Rebel Donut at 2435 Wyoming Blvd NE
- Amy’s Donuts at 6001 San Mateo Blvd NE # G3
- Two Boys Donuts at 6400 Holly Ave NE # H
- Whoo’s Donuts at 851 Cerrillos Rd B, Santa Fe
- Craft Donuts & Coffee at 502 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe
- Dunkin’ at 1085 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe
Rebel is an ABQ donut shop serving classic varietes and coffee with vegan and gluten free options and they even do catering.
Some of the most popular varieties available at Whoo’s Donuts include classic raised glaze, Boston crème, pistachio cake with white chocolate lemon ganache, and blue corn blueberry lavender. They also have other fresh baked goods such as tarts, muffins, croissants, and Danishes.
Craft Donuts & Coffee is a food truck offering create your own recipes with different glaze options, toppings, and drizzles as well as a variety of milk flavors, coffees, espressos, and Italian sodas for you to choose from.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Smallcakes A Cupcakery at 8101 San Pedro Dr NE
- Q’s Cakes & Sweets Boutique at 2720 Central Ave SE D
- Chocolate Maven at 821 W San Mateo, Santa Fe
- Crumb Girl Sweets at 3600 Cerrillos Rd #205, Santa Fe
Smallcakes A Cupcakery is a vibrant colorful bakery offering 18 varieties of gourmet cupcakes, ice creams, and other delicacies with gluten free options.
There are 26 cupcake flavors offered at Q’s Cakes & Sweets Boutique including peach cobbler, green chile, caramel apple, and churro. They also have a collection of cake versions of classic comfort foods.
Chocolate Maven is an artisanal bakery that serves delectable baked goods as well as delicious brunch with vegan, and gluten-free options from 8am to 4pm Monday through Saturday and until 2pm on Sunday.
Crumb Girl Sweets is open daily from 11am to 5pm specializing in unique wedding, birthday, and special occasion cakes as well as cupcakes, dessert catering, and baked pastries.
Olo Dessert Studio from our best frozen yogurts list has tasty cupcakes too.
Candy Stores Near You
- Lolli & Pops at Coronado Center, 6600 Menaul Boulevard NE #T-010
- Doodlet’s at 120 Don Gaspar Ave, Santa Fe
Lolli and Pops offers a wide range of international sweets, handcrafted truffles, and dozens of unique gummies and chocolates from some of the best candy stores around the world.
Doodlet’s is a gift boutique that sells candies in Santa Fe along with handcrafted folk art, miniatures, and nostalgic toys from 10am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- The Candy Lady at 424 San Felipe St NW
- Buffett’s Candies at 7001 Lomas Blvd NE
- Eldora Chocolate at 8114 Edith Blvd NE
- Chocolate Dude at 3339 Central Ave NE #E
- Kakawa Chocolate House at 1050 Paseo De Peralta, Santa Fe
- Señor Murphy Candymaker at 4250 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe
- Sweet Santa Fe at 8380 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe
- ChocolateSmith at 851A Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe
Many people love The Candy Lady’s tasty old fashioned candies, handcrafted fudge, and high quality chocolates.
Chocolate Dude is a laid back café with a colorful 1960’s design serving handmade chocolates and espresso drinks in your area.
Traditional handcrafted chocolates, organic ice creams, baked goods, and plenty more with vegan, gluten free, and dairy free options are offered at Kakawa.
Señor Murphy Candymaker is open from 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and noon to 6pm on Sunday making chocolates and candies in Santa Fe from only the best and freshest ingredients in small and hand-crafted batches.
Another great artisanal chocolate boutique is Kakawa Chocolate House which is open from 11am to 6pm most days except on Sunday when they open at noon offering historically based drinking chocolate elixirs, hand produced chocolates, organic ice creams, baked foods, and gifts.
Sweet Santa Fe is open from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and from 10am to 6pm on Sunday and is dedicated to the time-honoured skill of crafting traditional, handcrafted, hand-rolled, and hand-dipped chocolates and other confections.
You will find gourmet dark chocolate made by hand from a bittersweet blend of dark chocolate and premium, fresh, local, and organic ingredients if you visit ChocolateSmith from 10am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday and until 5pm on Saturday.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries are a good healthier alternative:
- Great Harvest Bread at 11200 Montgomery Blvd NE
- Revolution Bakery at 418 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe
- Dulce Capital at 100 Don Diego Ave #A, Santa Fe
- Plantita Vegan Bakery at 1704 Lena St #B4, Santa Fe
Excellent muffins are available at Great Harvest.
Revolution Bakery makes high quality handmade gluten free breads and pastries.
Revolution Bakery is open from 9am to 2pm Tuesday through Saturday creating some of the best gluten-free desserts and pastries in Santa Fe in small batches using only the best organic non-GMO ingredients that are sourced locally.
There are great made from scratch pastries and desserts with gluten free options sold at Dulce Capital from 7am to 3pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 1pm.
Plantita Vegan Bakery is an organic and non-GMO bakery that is open from 9am to 6pm Tuesday through Sunday making sweet and savory baked goods from scratch and all of which are plant-based and gluten-free.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Squeezed Juice Bar at 7900 San Pedro Dr NE #A12
- Beets Juice Bar & Café at 3821 Menaul Blvd NE #J
- Juice It Up! at 9311 Coors Blvd NW #67
- Keva Juice at 1450 Montaño Rd NE #B
- Verde at 851 W San Mateo Rd, Santa Fe
- Renewal Life Bar at 810 Calle Mejia #107, Santa Fe
- Capital City Nutrition at 1302 Osage Ave, Santa Fe
- The Wrap at 113 E Water St, Santa Fe
Juice It Up! is one of the go to spots for healthy smoothies, fresh juices, superfruit bowls, and non dairy mixes. Smoothies, freshly squeezed juices, and frozen yogurts are also available at Keva.
You can also head to Verde for juices and shots made from organic fruits and vegetables. Other places in this post offering high quality smoothies include I Scream, Nitro Fog Creamery, and Golden Crown Panaderia.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Finally, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts in ABQ and Santa Fe:
- Farina Pizzeria & Wine Bar at 510 Central Ave SE
- Flying Star Café at 10700 Corrales Rd A
- Santacafe at 231 Washington Ave, Santa Fe
- French Pastry Shop & Restaurant at 100 E San Francisco St, Santa Fe
Farina Pizzeria & Wine Bar has a patio and serves gourmet thin crust pizzas with creative toppings as well as some of the best desserts near you like butterscotch budino and cannoli.
Flying Star Café prepares bakery delicacies the old fashioned way and serves American breakfast favorites all day.
There are fine servings of local desserts including handmade ice creams, mousses, sorbets, and daffodil cakes at Santacafe.
The French Pastry Shop & Restaurant in Santa Fe is open daily from 6:30am to 5pm serving croissants, pastries, and crepes.
We have also discussed:
- Our Favorite Desserts in El Paso
- Our Favorite Desserts in Tucson
- Our Favorite Desserts in Phoenix
- Our Favorite Desserts in San Antonio
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Albuquerque & Santa Fe
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.