The best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Los Angeles are about to be broken down in full detail right now. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Los Angeles gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts in your area will round us out.
A local sweets map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on the Southwest at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Los Angeles ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Magpies Softserve at 2660 Griffith Park Blvd
- Salt & Straw at 240 N Larchmont Blvd
- Holy Roly Ice Cream at 3450 W 6th St #109A
- Saffron & Rose Ice Cream at 1387 Westwood Blvd
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 4929 Eagle Rock Blvd
- Pinkberry at 2829 Hyperion Ave
- Humphrey Yogart at 4520 Van Nuys Blvd
- The Bigg Chill at 10850 W Olympic Blvd
- Afters Ice Cream at 5708 E 7th St, Long Beach
- Somisomi at 3900 Atlantic Ave #102, Long Beach
- Long Beach Creamery at 222 E Broadway Ave, Long Beach
- Brianna’s Ice Cream at 2107 E Ball Rd, Anaheim
- Popbar at Anaheim Packing House, 440 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim
- Joe’s Italian Ice at 2201 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim
- Honeymee at 5414 Walnut Ave #C, Irvine
- Frost A Gelato at 508 Spectrum Center Dr #508, Irvine
- Soda Jerks Ice Cream Shop at 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica
- Rori’s Artisanal Creamery at 910 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt at 2221 Palo Verde Ave #1C/D, Long Beach
- Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt at 5655 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim
- Clarabelle’s at Disneyland Park, Anaheim
- Jasmine Creamery at 17815 Sky Park Cir #J, Irvine
- Go Greek Yogurt at 1431 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica
- Yoga-urt at 1700 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica
Magpies specializes in soft serve ice cream as well as scratch made pies with vegan and dairy free options.
Premium rolled ice cream as well as soft serves and other handcrafted desserts in your area with a variety of options are available at Holy Roly.
Saffron offers unique ice cream flavors such as pistachio, orange blossom, white rose, cucumber, jasmine, and dates.
Over 100 rotating frozen yogurt flavors with vegan, gluten free, non dairy, kosher, low carb, and low fat options as well as 70 rotating toppings are available at Menchie’s.
Some of Humphrey Yogart’s treats include frozen yogurt, organic and vegan ice cream, tropical fruit smoothies, green smoothies, and juices.
The Bigg Chill offers no sugar added Carbolite, fat free, and dairy free options as well as a variety of fresh low fat baked goodies seven days a week.
Delectable Korean inspired ice creams that are served in elegant goldfish shaped waffle cones are available at Somisomi.
You can have your ice cream served in a cup or cone at Joe’s Italian Ice where they also offer a wide variety of toppings as well as approximately 100 different flavors ranging from strawberries n’ cream to peanut butter cup.
Honeymee delivers soft creamy ice cream in Irvine using 100% honey, honeycombs, and fresh Californian milk from kosher certified farms.
Soda Jerks sells handcrafted sundaes, shakes, malts, ice cream sodas, and Fosselman’s ice cream.
Tutti Frutti is one of the world’s largest self serve frozen yogurt shops providing more than 80 flavors and hundreds of toppings as well as vegan, halal, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free options.
A range of healthy toppings such as fresh fruits, superfoods, and much more are available at Go Greek Yogurteria in Santa Monica.
Over 30 organic, vegan, paleo, nut based, soy based, gluten free, and soy free rotating flavors including chocolate bliss, salted caramel zen, and peanut butter prana as well as smoothies, kombucha, banana splits, shakes, pints to go, and plenty more are offered at Yoga-urt.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these great bakeries:
- Proof Bakery at 3156 Glendale Blvd
- Sweet Lady Jane Bakery at 8360 Melrose Ave
- Cake Monkey Bakery at 7807 Beverly Blvd
- Roji Bakery at 807 S La Brea Ave
- Lark Cake Shop at 3337 Sunset Blvd
- Renaud’s Bakery at Gelson’s Market, 6255 2nd St, Long Beach
- SusieCakes at 4201 McGowen St # 220, Long Beach
- La Ideal Bakery at 1767 W La Palma Ave, Anaheim
- Le Mirage Pastry at 100 S Brookhurst St, Anaheim
- Paderia Bakehouse at 17935 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine
- Sunmerry Bakery at 14805 Jeffrey Rd E, Irvine
- Vanilla Bake Shop at 512 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
Sweet Lady Jane has been producing some of the best handcrafted cakes, pies, and sweet snacks near you in addition to being well known for their triple berry cake since 1988.
Small layer cakes, classic snacks, pies, cakewiches, cookies, and pastries with vegan and gluten free options are offered at Cake Monkey Bakery.
Lark Cake Shop has been baking up cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, and bars since 2007.
High quality cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars, pies, and puddings are available at SusieCakes in Long Beach.
For over 20 years Le Mirage Pastry has been serving local pastries, cakes, cookies, and Middle Eastern sweets.
Paderia specializes in traditional baked foods from all over the world including malasada, banana pudding, ensaymada, cheesecake, and Portuguese egg tart.
Over 80 different types of bread, cakes, Asian pastries, and desserts in Irvine are available at Sunmerry Bakery.
Vanilla Bake Shop excels at providing cupcakes, cookies, bars, icebox desserts, pies, tarts, cake lollipops, and elopement cakes with vegan and gluten free options.
Of course you can find great baked sweets in Los Angeles at plenty of other places we are mentioning in different sections, particularly the cupcake and gluten free sections.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- California Donuts at 3540 W 3rd St
- Fantastic Donut at 1101 S Vermont Ave #113
- Donut Friend at 5107 York Blvd
- Circle Donuts at 2201 N Lakewood Blvd, Long Beach
- Donut Island at 4900, 3401 Cherry Ave A, Long Beach
- Sweet Retreat Donuts at 924 CA-1, Long Beach
- D K’s Donuts at 821 N Euclid St #A, Anaheim
- Winchell’s Donut House at 901 S Euclid St, Anaheim
- Ace Donut at 14474 Culver Dr, Irvine
- Yum Yum Donuts at 2628 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica
- Sidecar Doughnuts & Coffee at 631 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
- Voodoo Doughnuts at 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Southern Girl Desserts at 3650 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
- Hotcakes Bakes at 4119 S Centinela Ave
- Sweet Jill’s Bakery at 5001 2nd St, Long Beach
- Getting Caked at 913 E Wardlow Rd, Long Beach
- Miss Priss Cupcakes & Such at 4137 Norse Way, Long Beach
- Frosted Cupcakery at 4817 2nd St, Long Beach
- Cinderella Cakes Anaheim at 2090 S Euclid St, Anaheim
- Sweet Oven Bliss at 340 N Bellarose Way, Anaheim
- Layer Cake Bakery at 4250 Barranca Pkwy # I, Irvine
- Carlo’s Bake Shop at 1354 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica
Southern Girl Desserts provides vegan, custom, and specialty cupcakes, cakes, pies, cookies, and puddings.
Handcrafted French sweets, cakes, gelato cakes, classic and decorated cupcakes, and cupcake kits with vegan options are offered at Hotcakes Bakes.
Sweet Jill’s menu features brownies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, custom cookies, and gourmet cupcakes in Long Beach that are available in different flavors such as chocolate cake fudge frosting, chocolate cake cream cheese, red velvet, classic vanilla, vanilla fudge, and chocolate peanut butter.
You can choose from an assortment of scratch made cakes, cupcakes, pies, brownies, cookies, scones, breads, jams, butters, and chocolate covered delicacies such as strawberries, pretzels, cookies, and much more with a wide variety of options at Getting Caked.
Miss Priss Cupcakes and Such specializes in miniature sweets and pastries.
Cinderella offers cookies, custom chocolates, cupcakes, cake pops, mini desserts, and many more sweet goodies near you in addition to being well known for their spectacular wedding and decorated cakes.
You can also head to the bakeries and gluten free spots we are mentioning for more cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- La Huerta Candy at 317 S Broadway #F7
- Tuesday’s Sweet Shoppe at 1937 1/2 Hillhurst Ave
- Rocket Fizz Westwood Village at 1067 Broxton Ave
- Dylan’s Candy Bar at 6333 W 3rd St
- Mabel’s Gourmet Pralines at 625 Pine Ave, Long Beach
- Candy Warehouse at 2520 Mira Mar Ave, Long Beach
- Marceline’s Confectionery at 1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim
- Gumball.com at 5151 California Ave #100, Irvine
- J.Sweets at El Camino Real, Irvine
- Sugarfina at 220 Broadway, Santa Monica
- It’Sugar at 1427 3rd St Promenade #102, Santa Monica
Tuesday’s Sweet Shoppe features over 300 different types of bulk candies in your area including a variety of gummies, sours, chocolates, and salt water taffy as well as 15 distinct flavors of stick candy, over 60 different kinds of chocolate bars, and cotton candy.
Rocket Fizz is a one stop shop for all your soda pop and candy needs as well as gifts and toys from all around the United States and the world.
Over 7,000 confections as well as 300 varieties of bulk candy featuring gummies, peach rings, wax lips, pixy stix, pez, and plenty more are provided at Dylan’s. They are also known for their unique Belgian chocolate bars which come in a variety of flavors.
More than 6,000 fresh sweets ranging from old time candy favorites like Chuckles, Bit O Honey, and DOTS to all time favorites like Snickers and M&M as well as organic gummies, Cracker Jacks, and Old Trapper Jerky are available at Candy Warehouse.
Marceline’s Confectionery offers a rainbow of bulk candies in Anaheim along with flavored popcorns, luscious truffles, delectable biscuits, packaged sweets, and rare crispy rice delicacies that are shaped like chicken drumsticks.
Premium Japanese confections from renowned companies are sold at J.sweets.
Sugarfina is a high end candy store in Santa Monica carrying some of the finest candies and gourmet gifts from across the world and offers signature drinks like champagne and bourbon bears and peach bellini.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- LetterPress Chocolate at 2835 S Robertson Blvd
- Lady Chocolatt at 12008 Wilshire Blvd
- John Kelly Gourmet Chocolate Store at 1508 N Sierra Bonita Ave
- Compartes Chocolate at 516 N La Brea Ave
- See’s Candies at 2129 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory LB at 419 Shoreline Village Dr #F, Long Beach
LetterPress Chocolate sells gift sets, dark bars, white chocolates, sugar free sweets, and limited edition products.
Over 300 distinct handcrafted chocolates and a huge selection of handpicked boxes that include dark, milk, and white chocolates are available at Lady Chocolatt. They also feature classic fillings like pralines, ganaches, truffles, liqueur, candied fruit, and marzipan as well as more exotic flavors such as violet, rose, lavender, Indian spices, cardamom, pink pepper, chile, and much more.
John Kelly makes 19 varieties of gourmet chocolate fudge near you as well as other items like walnut caramel clusters, molded chocolates, salted caramels, chocolate dipped fruits, and plenty more.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- Cake Girl at 2100 1st St
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery at 236 N Larchmont Blvd
- Twice Baked Gluten Free Baking Company at 8185 E Wardlow Rd, Long Beach
- Giselles Vegan Kitchen at 24401 Ridge Rte Dr #A105, Laguna Hills
- Breadblok at 1511 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
Cake Girl makes local vegan cupcakes, custom cakes, donuts, brownies, cookies, and other baked goods that are free of eggs, dairy, soy, gluten, wheat, and nuts.
Erin McKenna’s is a vegan and gluten free bakery in LA offering donuts, cupcakes, teacakes, cinnamon rolls, cookies, brownies, bagels, and jalapeno cheddar biscuits.
You can buy breads, biscotti, cupcakes, cookies, pastries, croissants, and other seasonal baked items at Twice.
Breadblok specializes in organic artisan breads, pastries, teacakes, muffins, cookies, scones, and tartlets that are free of gum, wheat, soy, gluten, and sugar.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Qwench Juice Bar at 1528 N Vermont Ave
- Naturewell Vegan Juice & Smoothies at 3824 Sunset Blvd
- Salud Juice Bar at 1944 E 4th St #5, Long Beach
- Scoop & Juice at 512 S Brookhurst St #4, Anaheim
- Nekter Juice Bar at 3959 Portola Pkwy, Irvine
- Pressed at 808 Spectrum Center Dr, Irvine
- The Juice Market at 800 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica
- Chomp Eatery & Juice Station at 1612 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Bottega Louie at 700 S Grand Ave
- The Sycamore Kitchen at 143 S La Brea Ave
- Thai District at 149 Linden Ave #E, Long Beach
- Polly’s Pies Restaurant & Bakery at 3490 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach
- Coco’s Bakery Restaurant at 1100 W Katella Ave, Anaheim
- North Italia at 2957 Michelson Dr, Irvine
- Urth Caffe at 2327 Main St, Santa Monica
The meringues, chocolates, and macarons at Bottega Louie’s are some of the most popular desserts in Los Angeles.
The Sycamore Kitchen serves wonderful pastries like their signature salted caramel pecan babka roll.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Our Favorite Desserts in San Diego
- Our Favorite Desserts in Riverside & San Bernardino
- Our Favorite Desserts in Las Vegas
- Our Favorite Desserts in Phoenix
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In Los Angeles
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Los Angeles.