Thanks for joining us as we fill you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Phoenix. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the cold treats are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Phoenix like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on this region are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Phoenix or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Novel Ice Cream at 1028 Grand Ave #6
- Churn at 5223 N Central Ave
- Desert Swirl Frozen Yogurt & Ice Cream at 4273 W Thunderbird Rd
- Yogurtini at 475 E Bell Rd #170
- Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt at 1515 N 7th Ave #130
- Andy’s Frozen Custard at 1353 E McKellips Rd, Mesa
- Heaven On A Spoon at 1950 E University Dr #102, Mesa
- Creamistry at 335 N Gilbert Rd #101, Gilbert
- Petersen’s Ice Cream and Cafe at 366 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert
- Rewind – Ice Cream + Matcha at 3245 W Ray Rd #3, Chandler
- Fatty Daddy’s Ice Cream at 1608 N Miller Rd # 5, Scottsdale
- Sparky’s Old Town Creamery at 510 S Mill Ave, Tempe
- Mojo Yogurt at 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe
- Papa Ed’s Ice Cream at 7146 N 58th Ave, Glendale
Novel offers 12 different ice cream flavors in your area to choose from as well as crispy waffle sandwiches, cereal sprinkles, warm donut buns, and bottled drinks.
Desert Swirl sells frozen yogurt, vegan soft serve, ice cream, protein shakes, and more.
Yogurtini provides a wide variety of frozen sweets including 10–16 featured frozen yogurt flavors and over 65 toppings with gluten free, nondairy, and no added sugar alternatives.
Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt makes nondairy and sugar free flavor varieties with protein, calcium, potassium, vitamin B-12, and riboflavin incorporated into every serving.
Andy’s Frozen Custard in Mesa has been providing vanilla or chocolate cones, strawberry shortcake sundaes, and pumpkin pie concretes since 1986.
Heaven On A Spoon specializes in Italian gelatos, frozen tacos, teas, and coffees with vegan and gluten free, egg free, and dairy free options.
Specialty premium liquid nitrogen ice creams in Gilbert that are made fresh to order with vegan and nondairy selections are available at Creamistry.
Fatty Daddy’s is known for its single scoop of gelato, sorbet, or ice cream with a macaron and toasted marshmallow on top.
High quality local ice cream, sorbets, malts, shakes, smoothies, shaved ice, and cookie sandwiches in Tempe are available in small batches at Sparky’s Old Town Creamery.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Karl’s Quality Bakery at 111 E Dunlap Ave #13
- Urban Cookies Bakeshop at 2325 N 7th St
- Tous Les Jours at 1133 S Dobson Rd, Mesa
- Rise Up Bakery at 861 N Higley Rd #109, Gilbert
- The Sicilian Baker at 3151 W Frye Rd, Chandler
- Sweet Dee’s Bakeshop at 7350 E Stetson Dr c101, Scottsdale
- Squarz Bakery & Cafe at 975 E Elliot Rd #103, Tempe
- La Purisima Bakery at 4533 W Glendale Ave, Glendale
Some of the best cakes near you including chocolate Parisian, marble, pink champagne, Bavarian cream, black forest, coffee, and more as well as muffins, cookies, quiches, breads, pies, donuts, puff pastries, and croissants are provided at Karl’s Quality Bakery.
Urban Cookies Bakeshop specializes in cupcakes, cookies, donuts, and dessert bars.
Tous Les Jours offers over 300 different baked delicacies such as artisan pastries, gourmet cakes, and some of the best desserts in Mesa.
Delectable cinnamon rolls, breads, croissants, cookies, brownies, bars, scones, cupcakes, cakes, and ice cream sandwiches are available at Rise Up Bakery.
The Sicilian Baker serves cream filled cannoli bars, cakes, and a variety of Italian sweets in your area.
Traditional Mexican pastries and delicacies are the specialty at La Purisima Bakery in Glendale.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- The Original Rainbow Donuts at 15834 N Cave Creek Rd
- LaMar’s Donuts and Coffee at 2340 W Bell Rd # 138
- Lucky Donuts at 2510 W Thunderbird Rd #1
- Mesa Donuts at 6008 E McKellips Rd, Mesa
- BoSa Donuts at 1144 S Country Club Dr, Mesa
- The Local Donut at 3213 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale
- Chin Up Donuts at 7325 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd #103, Scottsdale
- Arizona Donut at 1030 W Broadway Rd, Tempe
- Donut Parlor at 1245 W Elliot Rd # 103, Tempe
- Angkor Donuts & Daliz Ice Cream at 6514 W Bethany Home Rd, Glendale
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- Smallcakes Ahwatukee at 4302 E Ray Rd #102
- Barbs Bakery at 2929 N 24th St
- A Bakeshop at 6007 N 16th St
- Sugarlips Cakery at 1837 W Guadalupe Rd #101, Mesa
- Sweet Daddy Cupcakes at 1055 S Arizona Ave #7, Chandler
- Mommie Cakes at 200 W Hermosa Dr, Tempe
- Sady’s Cakes at 5516 N 43rd Ave, Glendale
Freshly baked gourmet cupcakes with more than 12 signature flavors, cookies, ice cream, and daily specials with vegan options are available at Smallcakes.
Barbs Bakery makes delectable cookies, desserts, breads, pastries, cupcakes, cakes, and more near you.
A Bakeshop sells cupcakes, macarons, fresh cannolis, sweet dessert bars, and specialty cakes.
Sweet Daddy Cupcakes in Chandler is known for their cake bites, ice cream milkshakes, and cold brew coffees for any occasion.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Cactus Candy Company at 2656 N 37th Dr
- Dulceria La Bonita Wholesale at 2311 N 35th Ave
- Fuzziwig’s Candy Factory at 6555 E Southern Ave #1030, Mesa
- Sweeties Candy of Arizona at 1986 N Alma School Rd, Chandler
- Old Town Candy & Toys at 4000 N Scottsdale Rd # 101, Scottsdale
- Candy Addict at 414 S Mill Ave, Tempe
Dulceria La Bonita provides a large selection of sweets, ice cream, and chips.
Numerous assortments of bulk and packaged candies near you as well as a carefully curated selection of toys are available at Fuzziwig’s.
Signature vintage confectioneries, delights, and sweet treats with over 125 mix and matches to choose from are offered at Old Town Candy and Toys in Scottsdale.
Candy Addict sells over 1,500 different flavor varieties, novelty gifts, nostalgic and retro sweets, gourmet chocolate bars, sugar free items, licorice, gummies, and more.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at 2510 W Happy Valley Rd #1250
- Wei of Chocolate at SAN Center, 810 W Bethany Home Rd
- San Francisco Chocolate Factory at 702 W Dunlap Ave
- Zak’s Chocolate at 6990 E Shea Blvd #116, Scottsdale
- Cerreta Candy Company at 5345 W Glendale Ave, Glendale
Rocky Mountain sells a variety of milk and dark chocolates, truffles, caramels, and gifts.
San Francisco Chocolate Factory offers gourmet chocolates, caramel apples, fudge bars, frozen treats, and gifts.
Artisanal local sweet treats, milk bars, bonbons, truffles, brownies, and more with gluten free, nondairy, and vegan options are available at Zak’s Chocolate in Scottsdale.
Luscious chocolate bars, gift boxes, barks, brittles, toffees, taffies, and nuts are offered at Cerreta Candy.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Nami at 2014 N 7th St
- Knead Luv Bakery & Café at 21031 N Cave Creek Rd # F2
- Triple Delight Bakery at 14848 N Cave Creek Rd
- Avec Amoore at 3016 N Dobson Rd, Chandler
- Gluten Free Creations Bakery at 7607 E McDowell Rd, Scottsdale
- G-Gems Bakery Café at 1900 E 5th St, Tempe
Nami provides soy and gluten free vegan donuts, cookies, bagels, cakes, and cupcakes in your area.
Delectable cinnamon rolls, muffins, banana or apple caramel breads, scones, pies, cakes, cupcakes, and cookies are available at Knead Luv Bakery and Café.
Triple Delight Bakery offers great local desserts and delicacies that are free of gluten and sugar.
Gluten Free Creations Bakery sells breads, bagels, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Nekter Juice Bar at 2045 E Camelback Rd
- The Berry Beet Juice Bar at 4206 E Chandler Blvd #9
- Delicieux Juice Bar at 3131 S Market #104, Gilbert
- Raw Organic Juice Bar at 2055 W Frye Rd, Chandler
- Juice Core Organic at 7137 E Stetson Dr #10, Scottsdale Pure
- Juice N’Joy Smoothie & Juice Bar at 2155 E University Dr # 104, Tempe
- Phoenix Phresh Cafe at 5830 W Thunderbird Rd #B9, Glendale
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- Beckett’s Table at 3717 E Indian School Rd
- Chelsea’s Kitchen at 5040 N 40th St
- MacAlpine’s Diner & Soda Fountain at 2303 N 7th St
- Portillo’s Hot Dogs at 10574 N 90th St, Scottsdale
Signature fig and pecan pies, chocolate brownies, green apple and dried tart cherry cobblers, vanilla bean crème brulee, and choco dipped bacon s’mores with gluten free and vegan friendly alternatives are some of the best desserts in Phoenix that are served at Beckett’s Table.
Chelsea’s Kitchen prepares key lime pie, red velvet cake, and sea salt chocolate chip cookies for a great dessert near you.
MacAlpine’s is known for their great ice cream sodas and sundaes that they serve with sandwiches, burgers, and salads.
Portillo’s also has locations in Avondale, Glendale, and Tempa while selling great shakes chocolate éclair cakes, and strawberry shortcakes along with their world famous chocolate cake shake that is a must try.
By the way we have also written about:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Tucson
- Our Favorite Desserts in San Diego
- Our Favorite Desserts in Los Angeles
- Our Favorite Desserts in Las Vegas
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In Phoenix
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Phoenix.