We are about to fill you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Baltimore. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Baltimore like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on the Northeast region are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Baltimore or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- The Charmery at 801 W 36th St
- Pitango Gelato Fells Point at 802 S Broadway
- Taharka Bros at 1640 Alieceanna St
- Prigel Family Creamery at 4852 Long Green Rd
- Bmore Licks at 2437 Eastern Ave
- YOG Frozen Yogurt at 6053 Falls Rd
- Afters Café at 1001 S Charles St
- Cup Love at 2928 O’Donnell St #5079
- Soft Stuff Ice Cream at 10039 Baltimore National Pike #G, Ellicott City
- Yogi Castle at 10132 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- The Meadows Frozen Custard at 6470 Freetown Rd #205, Columbia
- Broom’s Bloom Dairy at 1700 S Fountain Green Rd, Bel Air
- SweetFrog at 531 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air
The Charmery provides a variety of gourmet ice creams in your area including sundaes, milkshakes, and floats. Sorbets and gelatos with vegan, dairy, and fat free alternatives are prepared at Pitango. Taharka Bros offers numerous ice cream varieties including honey graham, mint, lime pie, caramel crunch, and more.
Bmore Licks prepares over 100 kinds of handcrafted local soft serve ice cream, more than 100 milkshake flavors, and dozens of sundaes with vegan and nondairy options. Twelve kinds of ice cream, snow balls, milk shakes, and sundaes are available at Soft Stuff Ice Cream.
Broom’s Bloom Dairy serves classic ice cream and homemade meals like artisan cheeses and pig sausages. YOG Frozen Yogurt serves crepes, milkshakes, smoothies, and more.
Cup Love provides a variety of frozen yogurts and cupcakes in Baltimore with low sugar, gluten free, vegan, and multigrain options. Soft serve frozen desserts like yogurt, sorbet, ice cream, gelato, and custard are available at Yogi Castle.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Ovenbird at 300 S Exeter St
- Fresh Bakery at 10351 Reisterstown Rd
- Aunt Kelly’s Cookies at 857 N Howard St
- Patisserie Poupon at 820 E Baltimore St
- Yia Yia’s Bakery at 9415 Philadelphia Rd
- Vaccaro’s Italian Pastry Shop at 222 Albemarle St
- Tous Les Jours at 9380 Baltimore National Pike #111, Ellicott City
- Cunningham’s Cafe & Bakery at 1 Olympic Pl, Towson
- Roggenart European Bakery, Bistro & Café at 6476 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia
- Woodlea Bakery of Bel Air at 548 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air
Delectable cupcakes, cakes, cookies, bars, and pies are prepared at Fresh Bakery. Yia Yia’s Bakery provides a wide selection of cakes, donuts, bagels, pastries, crepes, and more sweets near you.
Vaccaro’s Italian Pastry Shop specializes in cannoli cakes, traditional tiramisu, Italian cookies, and biscotti. Tous Les Jours sells over 300 types of artisanal baked goods, pastries, cakes, sweets, and beverages.
Freshly baked breads, pies, cookies, cakes, and delicacies are offered at Woodlea.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Diablo Donuts at 1035 Light St
- Cloudy Donut at 4311 Harford Rd
- Over Rice at 10039 Baltimore National Pike #B, Ellicott City
- Rise Biscuits Donuts Columbia at 8872 McGaw Rd #D, Columbia
- Newberry Café & Bakery at 140 N Bond St, Bel Air
- Blondie’s Doughnuts Food Truck
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- Sistahs’ Sweets at 104 E 25th St
- Geno’s Sweets at 222 N Charles St
- Baked In Baltimore at 6848 Reisterstown Rd
- Codetta at 809 Light St
- Touche Touchet Bakery and Pastry at 10400 Shaker Dr, Columbia
- Flavor Cupcakery & Bake Shop at 118 N Tollgate Rd, Bel Air
Personalized cakes, cupcakes, and more goodies are all great at Geno’s Sweets. Numerous cupcake flavors like triple chocolate explosion, strawberries n’ cream, salted caramel, cinnamon toast crunch, honey graham, white chocolate macadamia nut, and more are offered at Codetta.
Touche Touchet offers a wide selection of local cupcakes including red velvet, German chocolate, peanut butter, cookies and cream, carrot cake, and coconut cream. Flavor Cupcakery and Bake Shop specializes in cupcakes, cakes, French macarons, pies, cookies, and other baked goods.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- It’Sugar at 201 E Pratt St
- Rheb’s Homemade Candies at 3352 Wilkens Ave
- Ohh So Sweet at 1037 Light St
- Wockenfuss at 6831 Harford Rd
- Goetze’s at 7001 Quad Ave #B
Giant candies and gummies from popular brands are available at It’Sugar. Rheb’s Homemade Candies sells chocolate nuts, chews, truffles, fudge, and more sweets near you.
Ohh So Sweet offers a number of assortments of gummies, sour candies, and gum balls. Wockenfuss is known to have a great selection of caramels, fudges, hard candies, jellies, licorice, and lollipops.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Kilwins Chocolates at 1625 Thames St
- Pure Chocolate by Jinji at 529 E Belvedere Ave
- Berries by Quicha at 922 Light St
- Sweet Cascades Chocolatier at 3709 Old Columbia Pike Historic, Ellicott City
- Lolli & Pops at Town Center, 825 Dulaney Valley Rd Space 3360, Towson
Kilwins sells 32 varieties of original ice cream, caramel apples, caramel corn, brittles, and dozens of other sweets. Pure Chocolate by Jinji stocks a variety of local candies and chocolates like bars, pralines, barks, fudges, truffles, and more.
Berries by Quicha specializes in chocolate dipped strawberry treats.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Harmony Bakery at 3446 Chestnut Ave
- Sweet27 Bakery and Restaurant at 123 W 27th St
- Vegan Soul Bakery at 8775 Cloudleap Ct #107, Columbia
Harmony Bakery makes homemade bagels, breads, cookies, and cakes as well as vegan chickpea tarts, quiches, spinach tarts, flatbreads, and pizza. Fine desserts, cupcakes, wines, and beers with gluten free options are available at Sweet27.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Pure Raw Juice at 1401 Riverside Ave
- Corner Juice Bar at 2400 Fleet St
- Liquid Earth at 1626 Aliceanna St
- EarthShake at 600 S Wolfe S
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 9150 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- YogaFresh Bel Air at 308 N Main St, Bel Air
- Z Vault at 201 S Main St, Bel Air
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
Fogo de Chão serves some of the best desserts in your area like their specialty flans, cheesecakes, and tres leches cakes. Cinnamon churros and tuxedo bar cakes are offered at La Cuchara. Gunther is known for great local spiced rum desserts and gourmet cheese plates.
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Baltimore
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Baltimore.