We are about yo fill you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Philadelphia. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Philadelphia like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Feel free to check out our other local dessert guides for the region right there.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Philadelphia or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Weckerly’s Ice Cream at 9 W Girard Ave
- Scoop DeVille Ice Cream at 1109 Walnut St
- Bassetts Ice Cream at 45 N 12th St
- Franklin Ice Cream Bar at 112 Market St
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 9173 Roosevelt Blvd #4
- Kiwi Yogurt at 3606 Chestnut St
- Just Cravings at 946 N 2nd St
- Caribbean Express Grill & Ice Cream at 2408 Federal St, Camden
- Dino’s Ice Cream & Water Ice Store at 6 S Union St, Wilmington
- Sweet Charlie’s Trolley Square at 1404 N Dupont St, Wilmington
- Frazzberry Frozen Yogurt at 4734 Limestone Rd, Wilmington
- Jojo’s Ice Cream at 8801 New Falls Rd, Levittown
- Gibby’s Ice Cream Store at 4010 Veterans Hwy, Levittown
Weckerly’s Ice Cream specializes in seasonal ice cream sandwiches but that isn’t all they offer. Soft serve and mixins with hundreds of flavor combinations are available at Blends Scoop DeVille Ice Cream.
Bassetts has been making great ice cream in your area since the mid 1800’s. Franklin Ice Cream Bar offers vanilla bean, chocolate, mint, peanut butter, caramelized banana, coffee, rocky road, strawberry, butter pecan, green tea, sea salt caramel, coconut, and other real fruit flavors with vegan options.
Dino’s Ice Cream and Water Ice Store can deliver quality products for all sorts of events. Premium local ice cream and frozen yogurt with nondairy and vegetarian alternatives are available at Sweet Charlie’s Trolley Square.
Numerous assortments of frozen yogurt, smoothies, healthy bowls, and milkshakes are available at Frazzberry. Gibby’s Ice Cream Store provides a variety of specialty desserts and cheesecakes every day.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Termini Bros Bakery at 1523 S 8th St
- Isgro Pastries at 1009 Christian St
- J’aime French Bakery at 212 S 12th St
- Essen Bakery at 1437 E Passyunk Ave
- Pasteleria El Payaso at 2704 Federal St, Camden
- Riverfront Bakery at 313 Justison St, Wilmington
- Spark’d Creative Pastry at 111 W 10th St, Wilmington
- Italian Peoples Bakery at 1142 Woodbourne Rd, Levittown
Termini Bros Bakery specializes in sweet Italian confectionaries. Handcrafted cannolis, cookies, cakes, and more delicious sweets near you have been prepared at Isgro Pastries since 1904.
Artisanal fresh croissants, pancakes, quiches, and sandwiches are served at Riverfront Bakery. Spark’d Creative Pastry offers delectable scones, muffins, tarts, and many more baked delicacies.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Dottie’s Donuts at 4529 Springfield Ave
- Okie Dokie Donuts at 1439 Snyder Ave
- Fresh Donuts at 1230 Haddon Ave, Camden
- Duck Donuts at 1411 Lincoln Hwy, Levittown
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- Sweet Box Bakeshop at 339 S 13th St
- Sweet Life Bakeshop at 740 South St
- Lily of the Valley Cupcakery & Cafe’ at 322 W Chelten Ave
- Bella Cakes at 2136 W 8th St, Wilmington
- Giant at 4001 New Falls Rd, Levittown
Sweet Box Bakeshop serves 16 different kinds of cupcakes in your area along with great ice cream and more. Sweet Life Bakeshop has been in business since 2010 and creates various signature flavors of puddings and cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Sweet as Fudge Candy Shoppe at 1136 Arch St
- Shane Confectionery at 110 Market St
- Zipf’s Candies at 8433 Germantown Ave
- Candy For All Occasions at 2215 Concord Pike, Wilmington
- Five Below at 177 Levittown Pkwy, Levittown
Gummy critters, flavored nuts and fruits of all kinds, a selection of licorice, and bins of mix and match penny candies are all available at Sweet as Fudge Candy Shoppe. Shane Confectionery has been operating since 1863 and has a wide selection of local sweet treats like chocolates, candies, ice cream, and more.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Lore’s Chocolates at 34 S 7th St
- Mueller Chocolate at Reading Terminal Market, 45 N 12th St
- Marcie Blaine at 108 S 13th St
- Govatos Chocolates at 4105 Concord Pike, Wilmington
Lore’s makes over 100 different handcrafted varieties of chocolates in Philadelphia. A wide selection of truffles and candies are available at Mueller Chocolate.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Taffets Bakery & Store at 1024 S 9th St
- P.S. & Co. at 1706 Locust St
- Beiler’s Bakery at 51 N 12th St
- Dessertcrazy at 1925 Fairmount Ave
- A & A Soft Pretzel Baking Co at 1100 N 32nd St, Camden
- Cakes By Kim at 15 Germay Dr St 200, Wilmington
- Bread & Buttercream Bakery at 1709 Marsh Rd #B, Wilmington
Taffets Bakery and Store provides a wide selection of baked goods and items with gluten free options. P.S. prepares organic, vegan, gluten free, and nondairy sweets, breads, and pastries.
Keto, low carb, gluten free, and all natural sweet treats near you are available at Dessertcrazy.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Four Seasons Juice Bar at 51 N 12th St
- The Juice Room at 7127 Germantown Ave
- Made With Love Juicery at 547 N 20th St
- The Juice Joint at 323 Justison St, Wilmington
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe at 169 Levittown Pkwy #B, Levittown
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- More Sugar at 125 N 11th St
- Swirl Crêpe at 150 N 10th St
Max Brenner at 1500 Walnut St
- Sweet Somethings Desserts at 1006 N Union St, Wilmington
One of the best desserts in Philadelphia is the delectable chocolate cake at More Sugar. T-Swirl Crêpe serves sweet and savory filled cones.
A variety of local chocolate delicacies are provided at Max Brenner. Sweet Somethings Desserts offers one of the tastiest strawberry pound cakes with white chocolate mousse filling that you will ever try.
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Philadelphia
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Philadelphia.