Thank you for checking our our blog on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Dallas and Ft Worth. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Dallas and Ft Worth gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts in your area will round us out.
A map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other Midwest local sweet shop guides at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Dallas and Ft Worth ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Botolino Gelato Artigianale at 2116 Greenville Ave
- Milk – Cream at 5420 Ross Ave #160
- Howdy Homemade Ice Cream at 12300 Inwood Rd #200
- Beth Marie’s at 117 W Hickory St, Denton
- Monster Yogurt at 9540 Garland Rd
- Yogurtland at 7700 W Northwest Hwy #220
- Yogurtti at 4520 Frankford Rd #1000
- Melt Ice Creams at 1201 W Magnolia Ave #115, Fort Worth
- Curly’s Frozen Custard at 4017 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth
- Gold Pops Ice Cream at 430 E Lamar Blvd #106, Arlington
- Iceland Ice Cream at 1201 W Arbrook Blvd, Arlington
- Yumilicious at 5005 S Cooper St #167, Arlington
- Coolberry Frozen Yogurt at 312 Lincoln Square, Arlington
- Pinkberry at 4000 Bagpiper Way # 130, Arlington
- Milkytreats Ice Cream at 7000 Independence Pkwy #104d, Plano
- Henry’s Homemade Ice Cream at 3100 Independence Pkwy, Plano
- Treat Yo Self at 4141 E Park Blvd #102, Plano
- Bazaria Sweets, Frozen Yogurt & Ice Cream Café at 700 Spring Creek Pkwy #102, Plano
- Cow Tipping Creamery at 3685 The Star Blvd#201, Frisco
- Paleteria La Super Ice Cream at 3031 S First St, Garland
- Kwality Ice Cream at 8600 N MacArthur Blvd #154, Irving
- Pop Factory at 310 W Las Colinas Blvd #112, Irving
- Yogurt Zone at 7403 N MacArthur Blvd #150, Irving
Beth Marie’s sells over 150 ice cream varieties in the form of sandwiches, cakes, sodas, and more. Monster Yogurt provides 80 premium flavors with vegan options and offsite catering services.
Nonfat, nondairy, and no sugar added selections of soft serve and ice cream are prepared at Yogurtland. Melt provides tasty ice creams in your area like vanilla bean, chocolate, cookie crush, salt lick, rocky road, and strawberry flavors.
Specialty fried ice cream on sticks and sorbets in Fort Worth are prepared at Gold Pops. Customized cereal infused desserts and handcrafted ice cream in Arlington are available at Milkytreats.
Yumilicious offers over 12 gourmet frozen yogurts with more than 30 fresh toppings. Henry’s Homemade Ice Cream in Plano offers yogurt and sorbet with more than 10 varied toppings.
Treat Yo Self sells 12 flavor varieties as well as more than 50 toppings with nondairy, nonfat, no sugar, and gluten free options. Tasty natural frozen fruit bars with 26 different flavors are made at Pop Factory in Irving.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Emporium Pies at 314 N Bishop Ave
- San Martin Bakery & Restaurant at 3120 McKinney Ave
- Jen’s Place Bakery & Café at 4455 Alpha Rd
- Kookie Haven at 337 Jefferson Blvd
- 9 Rabbits Bakery at 2546 Royal Ln
- Swiss Pastry Shop at 3936 W Vickery Blvd, Fort Worth
- Guanajuato Bakery at 3301 E Belknap St, Fort Worth
- Pastry Paradise Bakery at 2200 FM157 #224, Arlington
- Sweet Hut Bakery & Café at 2001 Coit Rd #301, Plano
- Millstone Bakery at 3020 Legacy Dr #150, Plano
- Cakeism Dallas at 1321 Briar Hollow Ln, Garland
- Latinos Bakery at 4750 N Jupiter Rd, Garland
- Argentina Bakery at 3401 W Airport Fwy #112, Irving
- Panadería El Sol at 1437 N Belt Line Rd, Irving
Emporium Pies prepares numerous selections of seasonal baked sweets near you. Argentina Bakery offers exquisite empanadas, alfajores, sandwiches, cupcakes, cakes, petite fours, and puff pastries.
Local specialty cookies with a variety of flavors like butter toffee crunch, chocolate chip, double dutch, oatmeal raisin, and more with vegan options are available at Kookie Haven.
Appetizing buns, French toast, cookies, donuts, and Swiss rolls are served at Sweet Hut.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Jarams Donuts at 17459 Preston Rd
- Hypnotic Donuts and Biscuits at 9007 Garland Rd
- The Salty Donut at 414 W Davis St
- Urban Donut at 2805 Allen St
- Hurts Donut at 901 Foch St, Fort Worth
- A & H Donuts at 3412 W 7th St, Fort Worth
- FunkyTown Donuts and Drafts at 132 E 4th St, Fort Worth
- Detour Doughnuts and Coffee at 8161 FM 423, Frisco
- Oh! Donuts at 1527 New York Ave, Arlington
- Shipley Do-Nuts at 501 E Abram St, Arlington
- J’s Donuts at 6405 W Parker Rd #380, Plano
- Cajun Donuts II at 850 N Belt Line Rd, Garland
- Olympian Donuts at 3601 Regent Blvd #185, Irving
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Fluellen Cupcakes at 1408 Elm St
- Sprinkles at 4020 Villanova St
- SusieCakes at 1621 River Run #151, Fort Worth
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 2317 N Tarrant Parkway #455, Fort Worth
- Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery at 201 N East St, Arlington
- Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery at 4000 Five Points Blvd #161, Arlington
- Sweets by Mariela at 1432 Greenfield Dr, Plano
- Butterfly Cakery at 1201 E Spring Creek Pkwy #100, Plano
- Tango Bakery & Café at 2751 S Garland Ave, Garland
- Designs by GG Boutique Bakery at 3319 Chandler Ct, Irving
Fluellen makes some of the best cupcakes in your area with flavors like banana pudding, red velvet, lemon delight, carrot cake, chocolate cream cheese, cookies ‘n’ cream, strawberry, German chocolate, and more.
Delectable cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and chocolate bars with vegan and gluten free options are available at Sprinkles. SusieCakes prepares a dozen cupcake flavors as well as cakes, cookies, bars, pies, and pudding.
Various classic and seasonal cupcakes, minis, and cakes with 16 varieties are offered at Gigi’s. Smallcakes makes artisanal cupcakes with specialty flavors and ice cream. Designs by GG specializes in Cuban pastries, cakes, and cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Rocket Fizz at 2701 Main St #160
- Candy Land at 13350 Dallas Pkwy
- I Love Sugar at 15837 N Fwy # 1050, Fort Worth
- Pop N Cream at 2600 W 7th St #135, Fort Worth
- Pecan Street Sweets at 2109 E Division St, Arlington
- Texas Toffee at 2963 W 15th St, Plano
- Mrs.J’s Heav’nly Delights at 612 W State St, Garland
- Candy World at 460 Cedar Sage Dr, Garland
- Candy Zone at 3803 Irving Mall, Irving
Rocket Fizz delivers thousands of different candies and bottled soda pops worldwide. I Love Sugar stocks giant gummy varieties such as bears, worms, watermelon slices, and more as well as cotton candy, candy boxes, and plenty more sugary treats in Fort Worth.
Numerous assortments of handcrafted candies near you with gluten free, no preservatives, and artificial flavors are available at Texas Toffee. Candy World offers over 600 different types of bulk sweets, gummies, chocolates, and treats.
Candy Zone in Irving specializes in Mexican sweets, piñatas, and ice pops.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Kate Weiser at 3011 Gulden Ln #115
- Dude at 408 W Eighth St #102
- Chocolate Secrets at3926 Oak Lawn Ave
- Fort Worth Fudge and Toffee at 324 N Jim Wright Fwy, Fort Worth
- Pistachio at 4101 E Park Blvd #148, Plano
- See’s Candies at 7775 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving
Dude offers a variety of local chocolates including nuts, bars, marshmallows, toffees, fudges, and more. Fort Worth Fudge and Toffee provides more than 15 flavor varieties of artisan confectioneries.
Chocolate Secrets makes 52 kinds of chocolate bonbons and truffles, 25 flavors of macarons, 15 flavors of ice cream and sorbets, and over 25 handcrafted pastries.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- Spiral Diner at 1101 N Beckley Ave
- Unrefined Bakery at 3250 Hulen St #130, Fort Worth
- Cinnaholic at 6975 Lebanon Rd, Frisco
- Reverie Bakeshop at 980 N Coit Rd #2850, Richardson
- E’s Gluten Free TX at 4315 Action St, Garland
- Hannah’s Gluten Free
If you are trying to find custom cakes, cupcakes, and brownies in Dallas with vegan, nondairy, no egg, and gluten free alternatives you can head to Spiral Diner.
Unrefined Bakery provides assortments of breads, muffins, cakes, and treats that are vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Cinnaholic specializes in cinnamon rolls with over 20 frosting and topping varieties with plant based, nondairy, no egg, and lactose free options.
Reverie Bakeshop in Richardson serves French macarons, pies, cheesecakes, cakes, and pastries with vegan and gluten free selections. Hannah’s Gluten Free offers baking classes, bread mixes, and pantry essentials.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- JuiceLand at 1888 Sylvan Ave f150
- Clean Juice at 1302 Main St
- Juice Junkies at 925 Foch St, Fort Worth
- Main Squeeze Juice Co. at 4560 Heritage Trace Pkwy #500, Fort Worth
- Juice Time Café at 6921 Independence Pkwy, Plano
- Champions Nutrition at 1452 Northwest Hwy, Garland
- I Love Juice Bar at 950 W Stacy Rd #140, Allen
- Smoothie Factory at 230 N Denton Tap Rd, Coppell
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Petra & The Beast at 601 N Haskell Ave
- CBD Provisions at 1530 Main St 100
- Reata at 310 Houston St, Fort Worth
- Mash’D at 2948 Crockett St, Fort Worth
Some of the best desserts in Dallas can be found at Petra and the Beast including their beet root ganache, sweet pickled beets, dill cremeux, and puff pastries.
CBD Provisions offers great local desserts including gourmet chocolate olive oil brownies, apple crostatas, spiced layer cakes, and banana trifle treats.
Specialty dessert tacos and crème brulee are available at Reata. Mash’D is known to make some of the best desserts near you like their popular vanilla secret treats and sweet cake delights.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Dallas & Ft Worth
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Dallas and Ft Worth.