Over the next few minutes you will be learning all you need to know about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Houston has found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Houston like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts around the metro.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on the Midwest at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Houston or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Fat Cat Creamery at 1901 N Shepherd Dr #3
- Sweet Bribery at 250 West 19th St #E
- Cloud 10 Creamery at 711A Heights Blvd
- Magnolia’s Ice Cream & More at 6421 Brady St
- Yogurtland at 2550 CityWest Blvd #500
- Llaollao at 5085 Westheimer Rd
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 10880 Louetta Rd #B
- Pinkberry at 3838 Westheimer Rd
- SweetFrog at 1214 W 43rd St #1200
- Marble Slab at 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr #1156, The Woodlands
- Chiller Bee at 10868 Kuykendahl Rd, The Woodlands
- La Michoacana Costa at 2017 N Frazier St #G13, Conroe
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt at 1301 W Davis St #C, Conroe
- Tikiman at 3210 1/2 FM 528 #A, Friendswood
- Strawberry King at 1029 Strawberry Rd #A, Pasadena
- Red Circle Ice Cream at 3595 Hwy 6, Sugar Land
- Creamistry at 24515 Katy Fwy #850, Katy
- Swish Frozen Yogurt at 6191 Hwy Blvd, Katy
- Rollie’s Frozen Custard at 3695 Kirby Dr, Pearland
Fat Cat Creamery is open from noon to 11am on weekdays and at 11am on weekends making small batch ice cream by hand using local ingredients such as whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, egg yolks, and only the best flavorings.
Sweet Bribery makes decadent ice cream and delectable sweets in your area using the finest ingredients that create a carefully curated collection of flavors.
From 11am to 10pm you can visit Cloud 10 Creamery who makes handcrafted ice creams and sorbets in small batches with distinctive tastes and premium ingredients containing no artificial flavoring, extracts, or additives.
There are a variety of flavors ranging from traditional to Italian ices to their own natural handcrafted flavors with over 50 topping options at Magnolia’s Ice Cream & More who you can visit from 11am to 8pm on weekdays and from 11am to 9pm on weekends.
Yogurtland is a self-service premium frozen yogurt leader that opens at 11am every day offering fans a favorite sweet treat employing real ingredients and scratch-made unique flavors.
Llaollao’s delicious frozen yogurt is loaded with probiotics and drizzles.
There are nonfat, gluten-free, vegan, no sugar added, and low carb alternatives at Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt that can be mixed with fresh fruit, sprinkles, cookies, sweets, and chocolate fudge starting at 12pm every day.
Pinkberry is open daily from noon to 9pm offering unique frozen yogurt near you made by selecting and blending fresh ingredients which are hand cut daily and can be swirled with whichever flavors you like.
SweetFrog’s frozen yogurt allows you to build your own delicious soft-serve cup with 80 topping combinations from 11am to 10pm daily.
Marble Slab is open from 12:30pm to 8:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 1pm to 8:30pm on Sunday delivering fresh handcrafted small-batch ice cream in The Woodlands created with the freshest ingredients for the freshest flavor as well as over 65 mix-ins like the finest fruits, nuts, chocolates, and cookies.
You can try more great frozen yogurt starting at 12pm every day at Chiller Bee.
La Michoacana Costa serves authentic Mexican ice cream, popsicles, and other sweets in Conroe from 9am to 10pm daily.
Tutti Frutti is a self-serve frozen yogurt shop that offers over 100 changing flavors and a wide range of toppings beginning at 12pm daily.
Tikiman also opens at noon every day offering delectable treats in a wide range of flavors, cuisines, and beverages including Mangonadas, Hawaiian shaved ice, and premium handcrafted ice cream.
For a great local ice cream shop in Pasadena head to Strawberry King which is open from 3pm to 9pm on weekdays and from 1pm to 9pm on weekends serving fresh and tasty frozen sweets prepared from fresh and local ingredients. Their rolled ice cream and lollie waffles are a must try.
Red Circle in Sugar Land offers premium handcrafted ice cream combined with their famous made-to-order churros and authentic Hong Kong style egg waffles and other treats while opening at 3pm on weekdays and at 2pm on weekends.
In Katy you can try great ice cream at Creamistry that is made by hand one delicious scoop at a time starting at 2pm.
Swish Frozen Yogurt is open from 12:30pm to 8:30pm every day offering 14 delectable flavors and 38 toppings to choose from.
Rollie’s Frozen Custard in Pearland is an old-fashioned takeout ice cream shop that makes fresh egg and butter cream ice cream daily.
Other places we have mentioned throughout the post that sell great ice cream around Houston include SmallCakes, Jordan’s Sweet Shoppe, Awesome Bites Co, and Kilwins.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Rustika Café & Bakery at 3237 Southwest Fwy
- Dessert Gallery at 3600 Kirby Dr #D
- Three Brothers Bakery at 4036 S Braeswood Blvd
- The Village Bakery at 4509 Kelvin Dr
- Red Dessert Dive at 1045 Studewood St
- Nothing Bundt Cakes at 10868 Kuykendahl Rd #B, The Woodlands
- Arandas Bakery at 1906 N Frazier St, Conroe
- Jenny’s Bakery at 124 S Friendswood Dr, Friendswood
- Cakes U Crave at 4821 LJ Pkwy #40, Sugar Land
- 85°C Bakery at 13509 University Blvd # A-200, Sugar Land
- Tepatitlan Bakery at 2622 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena
- Salt & Sugar Texas at 5617 2nd St, Katy
- LuciaBakeShop at 22410 Rue Canyon Ct, Katy
- Kolache Bakery at 908 E Main St, League City
- Jolly Jolly Bakery at 5402 Broadway St #110, Pearland
Rustika Café & Bakery is open Monday through Saturday from 8am to 4pm serving decadent and beautiful desserts along with breakfast and lunch. Gourmet cookies, pies, an irresistible white chocolate raspberry cake, and fresh-baked empanadas are some of their specialties.
You can try a wonderful slice of baked cake or pie with a cup of coffee and other sweet delicacies at Dessert Gallery starting at 11am Monday through Saturday and at noon on Sunday.
Three Brothers is a full-service bakery in your area that is open from 7am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am to 5pm on Sunday.
There are a wide variety of baked goods from classic breads and pastries to custom cakes and everything in between sold at The Village Bakery who opens 8am Monday through Friday and at 9am on Saturday.
Red Dessert Dive is a small batch bakery that opens at 8am Tuesday through Sunday offering homemade local desserts as well as coffee, beer, and wine.
Nothing Bundt Cakes bakes each treat from scratch in a variety of wonderful flavors and sizes from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday.
Arandas Bakery is open from 5:30am to 9:30pm every day offering bread, cakes, tortillas, tamales, and other baked sweets in Conroe.
Jenny’s Bakery makes custom cakes in Friendswood for all occasions from 9am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday and from 9am to 4:30pm on Saturday.
In Sugar Land you can head to Cakes U Crave from 1pm to 7pm Monday through Thursday and from 10am to 6pm on Friday and Saturday who specializes in making customized cakes near you ranging from cupcake towers to themed wedding, birthday, graduation cakes, and more.
Expect to find a large selection of bread, pastries, and cakes for all occasions at Tepatitlan Bakery in Pasadena which is open from 5am to 10pm daily.
You can visit 85°C Bakery as early as 8am who prepares fresh bread made every hour with 60 different sorts of bread inspired by European, Asian, and Danish trades and handcrafted beverages.
Salt & Sugar in Katy serves salty nibbles and savory dishes as well as luxury baked products like cookies and breads from 9am to 4:30pm Tuesday through Saturday.
LuciaBakeShop is open from 8am to 11pm every day offering cakes, cupcakes, and pastries.
Cream cheese kolaches, cinnamon rolls, and other early morning favorites are sold in League City at Kolache Bakery from 5am to noon Wednesday through Saturday.
Jolly Jolly Bakery in Pearland is open from 8am to 6pm Monday through Saturday baking fresh sweet bread and pastries.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Glazed the Doughnut Café at 1333 Old Spanish Trail St
- Christy’s Donuts Kolaches at 1103 W Gray St
- Voodoo Doughnuts at 3715 Washington Ave #A
- River Oaks Donuts at 3601 Westheimer Rd
- Shipley DoNuts at 7901 Research Forest Dr#100, The Woodlands
- Prime Donuts at 100 Scarborough Dr, Conroe
- Morning Donuts at 301 W Edgewood Dr, Friendswood
- Chocolate Donuts at 2406 Preston Ave, Pasadena
- Southern Maid Donuts at 907 Eldridge Rd, Sugar Land
- Snowflake Donuts at 1314 Pin Oak Rd, Katy
- Bonnie’s Donut at 2047 W Main St #A4, League City
- Golden Donuts at 2746 Manvel Rd #103, Pearland
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Crave Cupcakes at 1151-06 Uptown Park Blvd
- Treat! Cupcakes at 126 Vintage Park Blvd #M
- Celebrity Cupcakes at 2343 University Blvd #B
- Cake Swirl at 156 FM 1960 #K
- Cupcake & A Smile at 815 Walker St #T41
- Frost Bake Shoppe at 6777 Woodlands Pkwy #304, The Woodlands
- BabyCakes at 12621 Old Hwy# 105 W 107/9, Conroe
- Rise Cupcakes at 907 S Friendswood Dr #113, Friendswood
- El Bolillo Bakery at 917 E Southmore Ave, Pasadena
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 15850 SW Fwy #100, Sugar Land
- SmallCakes at 24437 Katy Fwy #400, Katy
- MSO Cookies & Cakes at 3706 E Broadway St, Pearland
- Cupcake Cachet at 2800 Marina Bay Dr #J, League City
Crave makes homemade cupcakes, gourmet coffee, and sweet delicacies with only the finest ingredients from 10am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and from 11am to 6pm on Sunday.
Treat! Cupcakes is a neighborhood bakery that opens at 10am Monday through Saturday selling 15 different cupcakes as well as fresh cookies, macaroons, cakepops, birthday cakes, pupcakes, and much more.
You can head to Celebrity Cupcakes from 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday to try out their wonderful cupcakes, specialty cakes, and other desserts that are made with only the best and freshest ingredients.
Cake Swirl begins each day from scratch with top of the line ingredients including pure vanilla, buttermilk, fresh fruit, creamy butter, fresh eggs, flour, exquisite chocolates, and blends them all together to produce their divine cakes and cupcakes. They are open at 11am Monday through Saturday and at noon on Sunday.
Expect to find a wide selection of sweet snacks at Cupcake & A Smile who is open from 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday.
Frost Bake Shoppe produces 12-15 exquisite cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and other unique sweets in The Woodlands in small batches using only the best quality and freshest ingredients from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday.
BabyCakes in Conroe is open from 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday and from 9am to 6pm on Saturday and is known for their jumbo-sized cupcakes which are made with delicious cake, creamy fillings, and rich whipped toppers.
Rise Cupcakes in Friendswood is open from 10am to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday baking cupcakes from scratch with cage-free eggs and local dairy.
El Bolillo is a Mexican dessert shop and bakery in Pasadena that is open daily from 6am to 10pm offering pan dulce, custom cakes, cupcakes, tres leches desserts, and more.
In Sugar Land from 10am to 8:30pm Monday through Saturday you can visit Gigi’s Cupcakes who specializes in cupcakes and other sweet delights like cookies, brownies, and macaroons.
At 10am SmallCakes starts baking and frosting 12 iconic flavors as well as specialized and seasonal tastes and numerous varieties of small-batch ice cream that are created daily.
MSO Cookies & Cakes in Pearland is a one-of-a-kind made-from-scratch bakery that is open from 11am to 5pm Tuesday through Friday and from 11am to 3pm on Saturday. Some of their top sellers include decorated sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, custom cookies, cakes, cookie cakes, and cupcakes.
Cupcake Cachet in League City is open from 10am to 7pm Tuesday through Friday and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday baking gourmet cupcakes with delectable buttercream frostings plus they even sell healthier keto cupcakes.
Of course many of the places in our initial best bakeries list will also be good shops to buy cupcakes near you.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Tijuas Candies at 239 Greens Rd
- Lolli & Pops at 303 Memorial City Mall #292
- Dylan’s Candy Bar at 7800 Airport Blvd #SR2
- The Candy Bar at 239 Greens Rd
- Jordan’s Sweet Shoppe at 26400 Kuykendahl Rd #A-130, The Woodlands
- It’Sugar at 500 Baybrook Mall Dr, Friendswood
- Las Delicias Mexicanas at 2636 Spencer Hwy #100, Pasadena
- Great Texas Pecan Candy at 870 S Mason Rd #106, Katy
Tijuas Candies is open from noon to 6pm on Fridays and from 10am to 6pm on weekends offering handcrafted chili wrapped candies created with seven different chili peppers.
There will be a large assortment of candies, gummies, chocolates, international snacks, and presents for any occasion sold at Lolli & Pops starting at 11am Monday through Saturday and at noon on Sunday.
Dylan’s Candy Bar is home to over 7,000 confections and offers an unrivaled range of candies and candy-related gifts in Houston from 7am to 9pm daily.
The Candy Bar can be found at the Internation Flea Market and is open from 11am to 6pm Friday through Sunday selling a variety of fresh and delectable sweets like chocolate bars, butter crunch, chewing gum, fresh baked cookies, and ice cream.
For a traditional candy store that offers over 200 distinct bulk candies, chocolate-covered sweets, truffles, hand-dipped ice cream cones, Hawaiian shaved ice, and much more visit Jordan’s Sweet Shoppe which opens at 11am every day.
It’Sugar is a specialized candy shop in Friendswood that opens at 10am Monday through Saturday and at 11am on Sunday combining novelty sweets, huge confectionery, and one-of-a-kind gifts with a mega-sized attitude.
Las Delicias Mexicanas is a home-style Mexican candy store in Pasadena that also provides wholesale candy sales, retail candy sales, and party supply store services from 10am to 8pm daily.
The Great Texas Pecan Candy in Katy is open from 11am to 6pm Monday through Friday and from 11am to 5pm on Saturday selling pecan sweets in nine various varieties as well as other desserts and gift hampers.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Sweet Taste at 10681 Haddington Dr #160
- ChocolatZeina at 6100 Westheimer Rd #136
- Cacao & Cardamom at 5000 Westheimer Rd #602
- Chocolate Pizazz at 1050 N Post Oak Rd #220
- Chocolate Passion at 1520 N Frazier St, Conroe
- Kilwins at 16029 City Walk, Sugar Land
- Araya Artisan Chocolate at 1575 W Grand Pkwy S #1000, Katy
Sweet Taste is a family-run company that is open from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday selling Southern-style local chocolates as well as enticing glazed nuts, pralines, fudge, and other sweets.
Starting at 10am Monday through Saturday and at 11am on Sunday you can head to ChocolatZeina who makes traditional chocolates and Turkish delicacies along with a large range of crepes, waffles, and other chocolate-infused treats.
Cacao & Cardamom is a local artisan chocolate boutique where you can hand-select over 30 different varieties of bon-bons and truffles to include in your own chocolate box as well as coffee, tea, and gelato.
Chocolate Pizazz is open from 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from noon to 4pm on Saturday transforming traditional snacks like cookies, popcorn, potato chips, marshmallows, pretzels, and moon pies with their delectable chocolate blend and colorful decorations.
Chocolate Passion serves tasty homemade chocolates produced from genuine Venezuelan cacao to go with high-quality Italian and American coffees, delectable meals, seductive cakes, and plenty more sweets from 10am to 6:30pm Monday through Saturday.
Every day starting at 12pm luxury confections and ice cream prepared from scratch using original recipes are served at Kilwins.
Araya Artisan Chocolate in Conroe is a destination for locally handcrafted gourmet chocolates that are all-natural and preservative-free combining natural fruits, creams, nuts, liquors, honey, and agave with ultra-premium Venezuelan chocolate. Check them out from 10am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and from noon to 5pm on Sundays.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Crumbville at 3409 Emancipation
- Awesome Bites Co at t 2313 Edwards St #185
- Bare Bakery at 3600 Kirby Dr #A
- Badolina at 5555 Morningside Dr
- ChipMonk Baking at 3042 Antoine Dr
- Fork it to You Bakery at 2205 north Frazier St #70, Conroe
- Marinas at 3500 W Main St, League City
Crumbville provides vegan, gluten-free, and non-vegan baked sweets in Houston from 11am to 5:30pm Wednesday through Saturday.
Awesome Bites Co is open from 10am on Wednesday through Sunday preparing gluten-free goodies that are devoid of refined sugars, artificial colors, dairy, egg, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts a long with dairy-free ice cream and vegan options.
The local gluten-free naturally sweetened dessert market is much better off with Bare Bakery who only uses grain-free flours and unrefined and natural sweeteners.
Badolina is a bakery and café that is open from 7am to 5pm Tuesday through Sunday serving freshly baked breads, sweet and savory pastries, custom cakes, and sweets as well as house-ground coffee with gluten free options.
For a keto and diabetic-friendly bakery in your area that is 100% gluten-free and that offers soft-baked low carb desserts prepared with nut and seed flour and sweetened with monk fruit and allulose head to ChipMonk Baking from 8am to 4pm Monday through Thursday and from 8 am to 1pm on Friday.
Fork it to You is a vegan cottage bakery in Conroe that is open from 11am to 8pm Monday through Thursday making cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars, cinnamon rolls, and sweet breads to order. Everything except the cinnamon rolls can be made gluten free and most things are nut and peanut free.
Marinas offers gluten free food in League City and produces outstanding baked items, pastries, pies, and cakes starting at 10am Tuesday through Saturday and at 8am on Sunday.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Tight Squeeze Juice Bar at 600 N Shepherd Dr #456
- JuiceLand at 3206 White Oak Dr
- Blue Ocean Smoothies at 8103 Airline Dr
- Nourish Juice Bar at 1000 W Gray St #200
- Earthcraft Juicery at 2400 Mid Ln
- Main Squeeze Juice Co at 1900 Lake Woodlands Dr #350, The Woodlands
- Juice Freaks at 109 Metcalf St #E1, Conroe
- Impact Nutrition at 3114 FM 528 Rd, Friendswood
- Juiced & Squeezed at 4114 Yellowstone Dr, Pasadena
- Smoothie Factory at Southwest Fwy, Sugar Land
- Koldprezz Organic Juice & Smoothie Bar at 829 S Mason Rd 250, Katy
- The Healthy Vibe at 2552 E Broadway #100, Pearland
- Juice It Up at 2708 Pearland Pkwy #150 Pearland
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Epicure Café at 2005C W Gray
- Common Bond at 1706 Westheimer Rd
- Tout Suite at 2001 Commerce St
- Sweet Paris at 2420 Rice Blvd
- Press Waffle Co at 26435 Kuykendahl Rd #850, The Woodlands
- Kitchen Tales at 14543 TX-105 #101, Conroe
- La Guadalupana at 4690 Burke Rd #160, Pasadena
Epicure Café opens at 8am Monday through Saturday and at 10am on Sunday serving food produced with the freshest ingredients and everything is made from scratch daily including their famous Berry Lemonade, homemade ice cream and sorbet, and all of the pastries.
Common Bond is a rustic-chic bistro and bakery that is open from 7am to 9pm featuring recognized chefs who create sweet pastries near you as well as seasonal savory breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and supper meals.
On weekdays from 8am to 11pm and from 9am to 11pm on weekends you can visit Tout Suite who offers simple great dining, local coffee, pastries, macaroons, fresh juice, and a variety of delectable delicacies.
Sweet Paris is a lovely and tasty crêperie near you that opens every day at 8am serving sweet and savory crêpes, waffles, salads, paninis, specialty espresso drinks, chocolate drinks, mimosas, and more.
For fully customizable real Belgian waffles, savory waffle concoctions, and locally roasted coffee head to Press Waffle Co where breakfast, brunch, or dessert are available any time of day.
Kitchen Tales serves a variety of Southern comfort foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert from 11am to 9pm on weekdays and from 8am to 9pm on weekends.
La Guadalupana is a family-run establishment that opens every day at 8am offering all-day breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as some of the best desserts in your area like their fresh baked pastries.
We have also discussed:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Austin
- Our Favorite Desserts in San Antonio
- Our Favorite Desserts in Dallas & Ft Worth
- Our Favorite Desserts in New Orleans
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Houston
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Houston.