Anyone that wants to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Indianapolis has found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Indianapolis like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts on the Midwest at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Indianapolis or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Brics at 901 E 64th St
- Chris’ Ice Cream at 1405 E 86th St
- Wyliepalooza Ice Cream Emporium at 5535 E Washington St
- Sundae’s Homemade Ice Cream at 9922 E 79th St
- Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream at 427 Massachusetts Ave
- Red Line Frozen Treats at 5920 E Stop 11 Rd
- Yoya Frozen Yogurt at 3520 W 86th St
- Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream at 2466 E 146th St, Carmel
- Graeter’s Ice Cream at 9367 Ambleside Dr, Fishers
- Frazier’s Dairy Maid at 3311 Main St, Anderson
- Alexander’s On the Square at 864 Logan St, Noblesville
Brics is a local ice cream shop serving at least 36 standard dairy free choices and 8 vegan flavors as well as waffle cones, malts, shakes, sundaes, cookies, coffees, teas, and hot chocolate. Sundae’s Homemade Ice Cream makes 32 innovative flavors including their promising graham central station, lemoreo, key lime pie, and chocolate peanut butter brownie.
Some of the cream based options at Sub Zero Nitrogen include original, premium custard, low fat, yogurt, vegan, lactose, and sugar free where guests can add a variety of fruits, candies, nuts, and baked products to create a more satisfying number of combinations.
Red Line sells self serve frozen yogurt near you with over 52 various toppings that can also be paired with their gelato, Italian, custard, and sorbet. Yoya is a family run frozen yogurt shop offering non fat and low fat flavors including a large beverage selection of smoothies, espressos, and bubble teas as well as cinnamon and peanut butter buns.
You can also get 36 unique varieties of hand dipped ice cream in your area at Alexander’s On The Square. Taylor’s from our next list sells really good ice cream in Indianapolis too.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Taylor’s Bakery at 6216 Allisonville Rd
- Long’s Bakery at 1453 N Tremont St
- Gallery Pastry Shop at 1101 E 54th St G
- Insomnia Cookies at 809 Broad Ripple Ave
- Crumbl Cookies at 8395 E 116th St # 137, Fishers
- Sweet Petals Bake Shop at 409 Winding Way, Anderson
- Busy Moms Can Bake at 17713 Oak Edge Cir, Noblesville
You can choose from a fine selection of cakes, cupcakes, Danish cookies, doughnuts, and pies in addition to that ice cream we just mentioned at Taylor’s. Crumbl Cookies offers 4 to 5 various treats along with their famous milk chocolate chip every day.
Customized cakes, pies, cupcakes, hot chocolate bombs, and other goodies are available at Sweet Petals.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Jacks Donuts at 9105 E 56th St
- General American Donut Company at 827 S East St
- Rise’n Roll at 9705 Fishers District Dr, Fishers
- Deluxe Donuts at 520 S Scatterfield Rd #3605, Anderson
- Rebellion Doughnuts at 17677 Cumberland Rd, Noblesville
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Cretia Cakes Bake Shop at 6066 E 82nd St
- Vanilla Bean Bakery at West, 2324 W 86th St
- The Flying Cupcake at 1134 E 54th St #G
- Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery at 930 Broad Ripple Ave
- Heavenly Sweets at 610 Hannibal St, Noblesville
Personalized cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, cake truffles, and many more items are sold at Vanilla Bean. The Flying Cupcake serves a variety of sweets including cookies and brownies as well as gluten free and vegan items in their famous jumbo sizes.
Smallcakes is open every day serving gourmet cupcakes, cookie sandwiches, cake pops, and other baked sweets in your area with vegan, gluten, and dairy free options. You can choose from a great selection of wedding cakes and over 15 innovative cupcake flavors every day at Heavenly Sweets. Taylor’s and Sweet Petals from some different lists have tasty cupcakes too.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- The Candy Hub at 7354 Pendleton Pike
- J D Morse Wholesale at 6841 Hawthorn Park Dr
- Dulceria El Caramelo at 5122 W Pike Plaza Rd
- Dudleys Toffee at 12 E Ray St #b
- Abbott’s Candies at 3744 E 82nd St
- Candy Pizzazz at 2159 Glebe St #110, Carmel
The Candy Hub is a Mexican wholesale distributor selling major brands like Ricolino, Dela Rosa, Vero, Coronado, Canel, Hersheys, Mars, Nestle, Ferrara, Tootsie Rolls, and Meiji. Abbott’s Candies offers sugar free confectionery and handmade chocolates near you.
You can get hundreds of items that are ideal for candy buffets, weddings, bar Bat Mitzvah, sweet 16 parties, and other special occasions at Candy Pizzazz. Sweet Things from our next list also offers personalized candy trays.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- South Bend Chocolate Co at 30 Monument Cir
- Sweet Things Chocolates at 2288 W 86th St
- See’s Candies at 8702 Keystone Crossing
- SoChatti at 1125 E Brookside Ave #D2
- Litterally Divine Chocolates at 1114 Prospect St #1935
- DeBrand Fine Chocolates at 8685 River Crossing Blvd
- Xchocol’Art at 228 W Main St, Carmel
Sweet Things Chocolates is a family owned gourmet shop offering special gifts, personalized candy trays, and gift baskets with several sugar free and kosher options. Some of the personalized items that you can get at See’s Candies include mixed box of chocolates, truffles, nuts and chews, lollipops, and sugar free confectionery.
Don’t forget about Abbott’s handmade local chocolates from our previous list.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries are a good healthier alternative:
- Native Bread at 9546 Allisonville Rd #106
- No Label At The Table at 111 W Main St #145, Carmel
- Simple Taste Gluten Free Bakery & Café at 921 N Rangeline Rd, Carmel
Native serves gluten free breads, cookies, and scones. Simple Taste’s baked goods include cakes, breads, and pies are free of gluten, dairy, corn, and yeast.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Greenleaf Juice at 4930 N Pennsylvania St
- Pure-Trition at 1957 N College Ave
- Twenty Two Juicery at 222 E Market St
- Healthy Happies at 20 Executive Dr #H, Carmel
- Clean Juice at 11670 Commercial Dr #500, Fishers
- Perfect Blend at 1902 Applewood Center Dr, Anderson
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 661 IN-32, Westfield
- Smoothie King at 6704 Whitestown Pkwy, Zionsville
There are also high quality smoothies sold at Yoya from our best ice cream shops list.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Heidelberg Haus at 7625 Pendleton Pike
- LouVino Fishers Restaurant at 8626 E 116th St, Fishers
- Montana Mike’s Steakhouse at 6370 S Scatterfield Rd, Anderson
- Matteo’s Ristorante Italiano at 40 N 9th St, Noblesville
LouVino Fishers is noted for its crème brulee which is known to be one of the best desserts near you that you can enjoy after their Southern inspired cuisine. Some of the items available at Montana Mike’s Steakhouse’s mountain mudslide is a must try dessert in Indianapolis.
The tiramisu at Matteo’s is one of the best sweets you will find. We have also written a:
- Cincinnati Local Dessert Guide
- St Louis Local Dessert Guide
- Chicago Local Dessert Guide
- Detroit Local Dessert Guide
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Indianapolis
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Indianapolis.