Thanks for checking out our blog post on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Minneapolis and St Paul. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Minneapolis and St Paul gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have local desserts will round us out.
A map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on great desserts around the Midwest at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Minneapolis and St Paul ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Milkjam Creamery at 2743 Lyndale Ave S
- Pumphouse Creamery at 4754 Chicago Ave
- La Michoacana Purepecha at 701 E Lake St
- Bebe Zito Ice Cream at 704 W 22nd St
- Sebastian Joe’s Ice Cream Café at 1007 W Franklin Ave
- La La Homemade Ice Cream at 3146 Hennepin Ave
- Grand Ole Creamery & Grand Pizzeria at 750 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Conny’s Creamy Cone at 1197 Dale St N, St Paul
- Cold Front at 490 Hamline Ave S, St Paul
- Scoops Ice Cream and More at 3311, 7700 W Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington
- Mango Mango at 11630 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
- Culver’s at 16380 96th Ave N, Maple Grove
- Freshens at 60 E Broadway, Bloomington
- CherryBerry at 17671 Glasgow Ave S, Lakeville
- Freeziac at 16532 W 78th St, Eden Prairie
Unique and tantalizing ice cream flavors in your area with a wide selection of toppings to choose from including Oreo, roasted pecans, sprinkles, M&Ms, sauces, and more are available at Milkjam.
Pumphouse Creamery offers artisanal ice cream with dairy free options.
More than 50 popsicle varieties, yogurts, fruit cups, Mexican snacks, and 30 ice cream flavors are featured at La Michoacana Purépecha.
La La boasts 10 delectable and revitalizing flavors and 16 varieties of tasty ice creams as well as sorbets and local frozen desserts with milk alternatives.
CherryBerry is a self serve gelato, sorbet, and frozen yogurt shop in Lakeville with approximately 40 different toppings and 21 different soft serve varieties. They have 4 different kinds of cookie doughs, gourmet popsicles, and smash cookies to choose from as well.
If you are looking for another good ice cream shop in Bloomington be sure to check out Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers who we are linking you to in our restaurants with great desserts section.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Honey & Rye Bakehouse at 4501 Excelsior Blvd
- Rustica Bakery & Dogwood Coffee Bar at 3224 W Lake St
- Patisserie 46 at 4552 Grand Ave S
- Isles Bun & Coffee at 1424 W 28th St
- A Baker’s Wife’s Pastry Shop at 4200 S 28th Ave
- Sun Street Breads at 4600 Nicollet Ave
- Marc Heu Patisserie Paris at 383 University Ave W, St Paul
- Rose Street Patisserie at 171 Snelling Ave N, St Paul
- Baking Betty’s at 392 West Market, Bloomington
- Taste of ScandinAveia Bakery & Cafe at 401 W 98th St, Bloomington
Pastries, European bread, superb coffee and teas, and some of the best desserts in Minneapolis are offered at Rustica.
French Bakery Patisserie 46 offers freshly baked bread, breakfast pastries, cakes, and sweets.
Marc Heu Patisserie Paris specializes in French pastries, sweets, and wedding cakes plus they offer catering services.
Baking Betty’s handmade products are baked fresh throughout the day including some of the best cookies and sweet pastries in Bloomington. They offer basic and traditional flavors in addition to being well known for their unique spins on America’s favorite sweets like crème brûlée, lemon meringue, pecan pie, and s’more stuffed cookies.
A fine display of delectable Scandinavian sweets such as kransekake, homemade potato lefse, pulla rolls, lefse melts, and more can be found at Taste of Scandinavia.
There are also tasty baked goods at Wuollet Bakery, Cocoa and Fig, and Nadia Cakes from our next list.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Glam Doll Donuts at 2605 Nicollet Ave
- Bogart’s Doughnut Co. at 904 W 36th St
- Mel-O-Glaze Bakery at 4800 S 28th Ave
- Cardigan Donuts at City Center, 40 S 7th St #207
- Mojo Monkey Donuts at 1169 7th St W, St Paul
- Soga Mochi Donut at 633 W Minnehaha Ave, St Paul
- Duck Donuts at 382 West Market, Bloomington
- Puffy Cream Donuts Plus at 3390 Coachman Rd, Eagan
- YoYo Donuts at 5757 Sanibel Dr, Minnetonka
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Sarah Jane’s Bakery at 2853 Johnson St NE
- Wuollet Bakery at 3608 W 50th St
- The Copper Hen Cakery & Kitchen at 2515 Nicollet Ave
- Cocoa & Fig at 651 Nicollet Mall
- The Buttered Tin at 237 7th St E, St Paul
- Denny’s 5th Avenue Bakery at 7840 5th Ave S, Bloomington
- Nadia Cakes at 11650 Fountains Dr #207, Maple Grove
Wuollet Bakery provides a selection of bread, cakes, pastries, and signature tortes as well as 11 of the best flavors of cupcakes near you.
There are 25 cupcake flavors including vanilla bean, black velvet, lemon raspberry, banana, carrot cake, s’mores, and plenty more at Cocoa and Fig.
Nadia Cakes has 200 amazing flavors and 17 of them are featured every single day.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Candy Jar at 3805 Cedar Ave S
- Candyland at 27 S 7th St #6
- Regina’s Candies at 2073 St Clair Ave, St Paul
- Spinning Wylde at 214 4th St E #140, St Paul
- Northwoods Candy Emporium at 312 N Garden, Bloomington
- Blue Sun Soda Shop at 9801 Nicollet Ave, Bloomington
Hundreds of old fashioned jellies, sours, brittles, barks, licorice, and other great candies in your area are sold at Candyland along with popcorn, hand dipped chocolates, and more.
In addition to a wide range of premium local chocolate assortments Regina’s Candies Kitchen also produces its own fudge and glazed nuts along with peanut and coconut brittle.
You can choose from over 60 varieties of organic, dye free, and hand spun cotton candy clouds at Spinning Wylde.
Blue Sun Soda Shop is a good place to buy hard candies, salt water taffy, and fresh popcorn plus they provide thousands of different flavors of soda and a variety of other items by the pound.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Dancing Bear Chocolate at 4367 N Thomas Ave
- L’More Chocolat at 1229 Hennepin Ave
- Legacy Chocolates at 141 4th St E #229, St Paul
- Chocolat Celeste at 652 Transfer Rd, St Paul
- Droolin’ Moose at 9424 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
- Lindt Chocolate Shop at 284 South Ave, Bloomington
L’more is well known for selling a wide selection of handcrafted truffles, unique gift boxes, and uniquely branded chocolate bars near you.
You can get chocolate wafers, sipping chocolate, chocolate sauce, hot cocoa mix, and quality chocolate bark at Legacy Chocolates.
Both Candyland and Regina’s Candies Kitchen from our best local candy stores list are also good places to buy chocolates in Minneapolis and St Paul.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- Sift Gluten Free at 4557 Bloomington Ave
- Vegan East at 2409 Lyndale Ave S
- Great Harvest Bread Co at 4314 Upton Ave S
- Hark! Café at 430 N 1st Ave #150
- Bittersweet Gluten-Free Bakery at 2105 Cliff Rd #5, Eagan
Sift is a dedicated gluten free bakery that has been serving cinnamon buns, doughnuts, cupcakes, bread, and other sweet baked products since 2017.
Vegan cheesecakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars, rolls, and more than 30 different types of cakes in addition to various alternatives are available at Vegan East.
Great Harvest Bakery features a delectable assortment of granola, scones, cookies, sweet breads, and cinnamon buns.
BitterSweet Bakery excels at making bread, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, bars, muffins, pies, and other fresh baked gluten free items plus they also create custom cakes for weddings.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- The Dripping Root at 4002 Minnehaha Ave
- Honour Coffee & Raw Juice at 451 NE Stinson Blvd
- Modern Press Juicery at 2839 Emerson Ave S
- Planet Smoothie at 651 Nicollet Mall #113
- Jamba Grand Avenue at 1577 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Vibe Organic Juice Bar at 4720 Excelsior Blvd, St Louis Park
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Pizzeria Lola at 5557 Xerxes Ave S
- Wilde Cafe & Spirits at 65 SE Main St
- Café & Bar Lurcat at 1624 Harmon Pl
- Cossetta at 211 7th St W, St Paul
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers at 11600 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
You can find some of the best desserts in Minneapolis at Pizzeria Lola include their homemade vanilla ice cream with olive oil and sea salt toppings, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate budino, and DIY ice cream sandwiches.
Many locals love Wilde Café’s homemade gelato.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Minneapolis & St Paul
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Minneapolis and St Paul.