Thanks for joining us for this discussion about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. There are numerous dessert shops selling sweets around town and you will be learning about the top options as this blog progresses.
The best ice cream shops in your area will kick things off. Those that love vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights have numerous options to choose from.
Bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats will be up next. After that we will focus on donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Then we will pivot to healthy dessert options like Tampa Bay and St Petersburg gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Restaurants that are known for their must have desserts around the metro will round us out.
A local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it will be shared at the end. And the curious types can find all of our other posts on the Southeast at that link.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The best Tampa Bay and St Petersburg ice cream shops or some healthier frozen yogurt can be found at:
- Dairy Joy at 3813 S Manhattan Ave
- The Revolution Ice Cream at 6701 N Florida Ave
- Chill Bros Scoop Shop at 1910 E 7th Ave #101
- Sea Maids Creamery at 4230 N Florida Ave
- D’Lites Emporium at 1906 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Yogurt Naturally at 3906 S MacDill Ave
- Yogurtology at 1202 South Church Ave #C
- Funky Sweets at 11024 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Paciugo Gelato & Caffè at 300 Beach Drive NE, St Petersburg
- The Skinny Dip at 10454 Roosevelt Blvd N, St Petersburg
- Larry’s at 6595 Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach
- The Mint Fox at 483 Mandalay Ave #114, Clearwater
- Ice&Cream Creamery at 460 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice at 825 E Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon
- Cold Stone Creamery at 2024 Badlands Dr, Brandon
- Corwin’s Ice Cream at 1000 Barcarrota Ave, Bradenton
- Coco Joe’s Italian Ice at 5120 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton
- Yogurt Mountain at 1526 Cortez Rd W, Bradenton
- SweetFrog at 1867 Commercial Way, Spring Hill
Dairy Joy offers true soft serve cones that you can have dipped in delicious coatings plus they have all time favorites like banana splits, delightfully thick shakes, and hard packed ice cream with non dairy options.
Award winning homemade ice cream in Tampa Bay with over 100 unique flavors to choose from are available Monday through Saturday at The Revolution Ice Cream.
Chill Bros Scoop Shop serves made from scratch, all natural, and authentic “Tampanian” ice cream with vegan options every day starting at 12pm.
Sea Maids Creamery’s menu includes ice cream, milkshakes, helados, churros, ice cream pies, vegan ice cream, dipped cones, brownies, cookies, bubble waffles, and some of the best ice cream sandwiches in your area. They are open from 3pm to 10pm on Friday and Sunday and from 4pm on Thursday.
D’Lites Emporium excels at providing keto friendly, low carb, low sugar, delicious, and creamy ice cream with only 50 calories per half cup serving and no artificial sweeteners that you can try seven days a week.
Yogurt Naturally has over 40 kinds of soft serve or hand scooped yogurt as well as milkshakes, sundaes, Hawaiian ice, and other treats.
You can choose from a selection of frozen yogurt toppings at Yogurtology which is open every day at 11am.
Over 37 different flavors of excellent ice cream, mini melts, and boba milk tea, as well as funnel cakes, fried Oreos, fried cheesecake, fried banana splits, fried brownies, and other fried treats are offered at Funky Sweets in St Petersburg.
Paciugo Gelato and Caffè serves excellent gelato cakes, pies, and other specialty dishes starting at 12pm on weekdays and 11am on weekends.
More than 35 frozen yogurt flavors are offered at Larry’s as well as a wonderful selection of fresh mini donuts, ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, fresh handcrafted waffle cones, real Italian gelato, frozen custard, and more.
The Skinny Dip is a local frozen yogurt bar that has been offering up delicious, healthful, and flavorful chilled desserts for quite some time.
The Mint Fox is a great option for homemade cookies, premium ice cream, and thick milkshakes in Clearwater.
Flavorful traditional ice cream that comes in 36 fresh made flavors are available every day from 11am to 11pm at Ice&Cream Creamery.
Jeremiah’s Italian Ice in Brandon scoops up sumptuous yet refreshing frozen delights with maximum taste all throughout the week starting at 12pm.
Cold Stone Creamery has been delivering some of the tastiest and freshest ice cream creations, cakes, shakes, and smoothies for over a decade and you can visit them from 12pm to 10pm daily.
Handcrafted ice cream and frozen yogurt in Bradenton along with floats, pastries, old fashioned candies, and other sweet delicacies are served every day at Corwin’s Ice Cream.
10 handcrafted ice varieties, chocolate and vanilla custard, sundaes, and novelties are offered from 12pm to 9pm Monday through Saturday and until 7pm on Sunday at Coco Joe’s Italian Ice.
Yogurt Mountain is known for its ultimate self serve frozen yogurt experience where you can express yourself with 16 changing flavors and over 50 toppings every day until 9pm.
At SweetFrog you can build your own combination of delicious soft serve frozen yogurt in Spring Hill and top it with whatever toppings you like.
You can also head to places from our other lists including SmallCakes, The Cake Girl, and Sweet Divas Chocolates to sample more of the best ice cream near you.
Bakeries In Your Area
Great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more are available at these bakeries around town:
- Alessi Bakery at 2909 W Cypress St
- Sucré Table at 4048 W Kennedy Blvd
- Sorrento Sweets at 716 S Village Cir
- Sweet Buns at 2788 E Fowler Ave
- Café Mozart German Bakery at 6754 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Valhalla Bakery at 2462 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Manos Bakery Café at 1971 Drew St, Clearwater
- Sweetwood Bakery at 1679 Drew St, Clearwater
- 787 House Of Sugar at 2113 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill
- Crumbl Cookies at 10963 Causeway Blvd #B, Brandon
- Crèmesh Coffee & Bakery at 822 59th St W, Bradenton
Alessi Bakery specializes in European style bread, gourmet baked foods, wedding cakes, and catering and they open at 9am every day.
One of a kind pastry and beverage creations are offered from 7:30am to 5pm Wednesday through Friday and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturday at Sucré Table.
Sorrento Sweets is a traditional Italian bakery and coffee shop that is open every day at 7am serving espresso, tea, cookies, cakes, cheesecakes, cannoli, gelato, sorbet, gelato shakes, sandwiches, and other delectable desserts in your area.
Sweet Buns provides delicious, affordable, and high quality cakes, bites, drinks, and much more seven days a week from 9am to 6pm.
Café Mozart is a good place to go for handmade fresh breads, cakes, and pastries in St Petersburg that are free of artificial ingredients and preservatives from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 8am on Sunday.
Old fashioned baked items and several varieties of buttercream cakes with vegan, egg free, and dairy free options are available at Valhalla Bakery from 10am to 7pm on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Manos Bakery Café makes European breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, and other sweets in Clearwater from 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturday.
Sweetwood Bakery offers homemade cakes and pastries from 10am to 3pm Monday through Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday.
You can get pastries, personal desserts, and cakes for all occasions at 787 House of Sugar in Spring Hill from 9am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Crumbl Cookies is home to some of the best cookies in Brandon where you will find a weekly rotating selection of more than 120 cookie varieties inspired by desserts like pies, cakes, and more.
European style pastries, cookies, custom cakes, and roulade as well as coffee, sandwiches, quiche, and soups are served from 7am to 3pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday at Cremesh in Bradenton.
Be sure to check out our cupcake shops list as well as our gluten free bakeries list for plenty more options.
Local Donut Shops
Stop by one of these donut shops on your way to work:
- Simply Done Donuts at 2109 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Nicola’s Donuts at 902 W Busch Blvd
- Local Mini Donut at 411 N Florida Ave
- Dough at 2602 S Macdill Ave
- Fray’s Donut House at 5236 16th St N, St Petersburg
- Cosmic Donuts at 10468 Roosevelt Blvd N, St Petersburg
- D & E Donuts at 1453 S Belcher Rd, Clearwater
- Hole In One Donuts at 923 Lithia Pinecrest Rd, Brandon
Where To Buy Cupcakes
We highly recommend these cupcake shops around town:
- Sugardarlings Cupcakes at 11751 N Dale Mabry Hwy
- SmallCakes at 17010 Palm Pointe Dr
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 3810 W Neptune Ave #B2
- The Cake Girl at 14851 N Dale Mabry Hwy
- Cake Affection at 4691 100th Way N #B, St Petersburg
- Southern Bay Bakery at 1961 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Claudia’s Heavenly at 21957 US 19 N, Clearwater
- Moreno Bakery at 737 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
- Bakery Makel at 2140 Drew St, Clearwater
- J’s Dreamy Cupcakes at 8130 Wooden Dr, Spring Hill
- Edible Elegance by Eli at 3985 Cortez Rd W, Bradenton
Exquisite made from scratch cupcakes that come in a variety of flavors are available from 11:30am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday at Sugardarlings Cupcakes.
SmallCakes bakes and frosts 12 signature cupcakes near you every day and offers a small batch of cupcake infused homemade ice cream from 12pm to 6pm.
You can get cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and macaroons at Gigi’s Cupcakes in Tampa Bay from 10am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.
The Cake Girl is a full service bakery specializing in cupcakes, personalized birthday cakes, wedding cakes, and gourmet ice cream which you can try from 10am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Southern Bay Bakery is open from 8am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday offered wedding cakes, bespoke cakes, holiday pies, and more great desserts in St Petersburg.
Exquisite flans, cakes, cupcakes, muffins, and pies in Clearwater with keto, gluten free, and sugar free options are offered at Claudia’s Heavenly from 11am to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Moreno is a traditional bakery providing personalized cakes, cupcakes, pies, pastries, cookies, and more sweets in Brandon with gluten free options which are available from 7am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday.
J’s Dreamy Cupcakes in Spring Hill specializes in soft moist cupcakes in a range of delectable flavors as well as other sweet delicacies like cookies, muffins, and banana bread with sugar free and gluten free from 9am to 5pm Monday through Thursday.
Edible Elegance by Eli designs cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, and other unique desserts in Bradenton from 9am to 2pm Tuesday through Friday and until 3pm on Saturday.
Candy Stores Near You
Kids will love all the options at these local candy stores:
- Dylan’s Candy Bar at 4100 George J Bean Pkwy
- Cotton Candy Palace at 6107 Memorial Hwy #E4
- Candy Barrel at 6901 Tyrone Blvd N #758, St Petersburg
- Rocket Fizz at 309 Coronado Dr #A, Clearwater
- Fluffys Cotton Candy at 459 Brandon Town Ctr Dr, Brandon
Dylan’s Candy Bar has over 7,000 confections as well as unrivaled collection of candies and candy related presents in your area along with Belgian chocolate bars in milk, dark, and other flavors.
Gluten free, allergy free, non GMO, and flavored organic cotton candy are the specialties of Cotton Candy Palace which is open from 4pm to 8pm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Chocolates, sugar candies, lollypops, licorice, gum, jawbreakers, and other sweets in St Petersburg are sold at Candy Barrel from 11am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.
Rocket Fizz is your one stop shop for all of your soda pop and candy desires in Clearwater featuring thousands of options.
Fluffy’s Cotton Candy in Brandon spins your favorite characters and cherished animals in front of your eyes bringing them to life by molding them with cotton candy floss for everybody to enjoy.
Of course the best Tampa Bay chocolate shops we are about to list will sell plenty of great candy too.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
When you want to buy homemade chocolate or fudge visit one of these shops:
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier at 777 N Ashley Dr Skypoint #D2
- William Dean Chocolates at 3657 Midtown Dr
- Hampton Chocolate Factory at 615 Channelside Dr #118
- Sweet Divas Chocolates at 400 Beach Dr NE #181, St Petersburg
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory at 401 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Richey’s Fine Chocolates at 4710 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton
Peterbrooke Chocolatier offers gourmet local chocolates, candies, gelato, baked products, and beverages to connoisseurs of all ages starting at 10am Monday through Saturday and 12pm on Sunday.
William Dean Chocolates adheres to the artisan heritage of handcrafting all of their chocolates and other confections in small batches and without the use of preservatives.
Exquisite chocolates and delicious pastries are the specialties of The Hampton Chocolate Factory which is open even every day at 11am.
Quality Belgian chocolates, homemade ice cream, gourmet cupcakes, personalized cakes, and more of the best sweets near you are available on weekdays starting at 10am and 9am on weekends at Sweet Divas Chocolates.
Schakolad Chocolate Factory in St Petersburg serves exceptional handmade chocolates, chocolate coffee, and hot chocolate Monday through Friday starting at 8:30am and 10am on Saturday.
Fresh chocolates made using pure chocolate, real milk, fresh butter, and roasted almonds without preservatives are available at Richey’s Fine Chocolates in Bradenton from 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday and until 2pm on Saturday.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Gluten free bakeries can provide some healthier options:
- HaleLife Bakery at 2425 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Sami’s Bakery at 2399 E Busch Blvd
- Craft Kafe at 200 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Elizabeth’s Gourmet Delights at 2454 N McMullen Booth Rd #202, Clearwater
- Connor’s Goody Bag at 220 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
HaleLife Bakery sells over 50 different donuts, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, breads, and other treats with vegan and gluten free options in Tampa Bay from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday and until 3pm on Saturday.
Freshly baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins, and brownies with gluten free options are sold at Sami’s Bakery from 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday.
Craft Kafe is committed to providing a great bakery experience without the use of gluten and they are open from 7am to 5pm on weekdays and from 8am on weekends.
Delicious local desserts with gluten free options are available from 7am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday and 8am to 2pm on Sunday at Elizabeth’s Gourmet Delights.
Connor’s Goody Bag is a gluten free bakery in Brandon that also offers keto, vegan, and cannabis health choices 24 hours a day seven days a week.
You shouldn’t forget that plenty of the places in our best bakeries and cupcake shops sections also have gluten free and healthier alternatives available.
For a tasty yet healthy choice consider these smoothie shops:
- Raw Smoothie Co at 408 N Howard Ave D
- Robeks Fresh Juices & Smoothies at 1211 E Kennedy Blvd
- Xtreme Juice at 619 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Swami Juice at 2832 S MacDill Ave
- Fit Bowl Co at 214 E Davis Blvd
- Karma Juice Bar & Eatery at 1804 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Squeeze Juice Works at 675 30th Ave N, St Petersburg
- Clean Juice at 2516 N McMullen Booth Rd #A, Clearwater
- Juicey’s Juice Bar at 14229 Powell Rd Spring Hill
- Planet Smoothie at 1931 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon
- Smoothie King at 3543 53rd Ave W, Bradenton
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Must have desserts near you can also be found at these restaurants:
- Chanta at 113 S Hyde Park Ave
- The Cheesecake Factory at 2223 N West Shore Blvd
- Cassis at 170 Beach Dr, St Petersburg
- Beans & Barlour at 407 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Heidi’s Feel Good Foods at 615 Cleveland St, Clearwater
Chanta is a completely family owned establishment that serves freshly made bread and delectable European cuisine while being known to make some of the best desserts in Tampa Bay like their famous tiramisu that you can try from 5pm to 11pm daily except on Monday and Wednesday when they are closed.
More than 250 made from scratch desserts including 40 iconic cheesecakes are prepared and served seven days a week at The Cheesecake Factory.
Cassis combines traditional European style with the carefree flair of American diners by offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner classics with subtle French influences as well as quick nibbles, desserts, and leisurely bites.
Made from scratch alcohol infused ice cream, real New York bagels, fresh baked pastries, and brunch are served at Beans and Barlour Tuesday through Sunday starting at 8am.
Heidi’s Feel Good Foods offers raw, vegan, paleo, keto, sugar free, non GMO, gluten free, grain free, and diabetes friendly snacks and local desserts from 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Miami & Ft Lauderdale Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Orlando Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Cape Coral & Ft Myers Ice Cream & Candy Shops
- Jacksonville Ice Cream & Candy Shops
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
That is all we’ve got for now but visit us again because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if any shops have closed down or if we posted anything that is incorrect in the comments. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg.