All of you that are trying to find out about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Toronto are in the right place. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Toronto like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other blogs about finding the best sweets in Canada right there.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Toronto or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Dutch Dreams at 36 Vaughan Rd
- Summer’s Ice Cream at 101 Yorkville Ave
- Wong’s Ice Cream & Store at 617 Gerrard St E
- S’cream Ice Cream + Coffee at 126 Cumberland St
- Ed’s Real Scoop at 189 Roncesvalles Ave
- Menchie’s at 623 College St
- Yogurty’s at 2203 Bloor St W
- Pinkberry at 161 Bay St
- Qoola Frozen Yogurt at 4700 Keele St, 80 Vanier Ln #34
Delectable homemade pancakes, frozen yogurt, ice cream, and more are available at Dutch Dreams. An assortment of 26 different ice cream flavors in your area along with 10 distinct frozen yogurt varieties and fat free sorbets are prepared at Summer’s.
Ed’s Real Scoop sells numerous flavors of local ice cream, gelato, sorbet, and yogurt. Various low fat and nondairy frozen yogurt and sorbets with 24 dry toppings, a fresh fruit chill bar, and 3 sundae sauces are served at Menchie’s.
Yogurty’s provides personalized frozen yogurt bowls with a wide selection of toppings. Fine frozen yogurt and bubble tea with dairy free options are available at Pinkberry.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Bread and Salt Bakehouse at 3455 Semenyk Ct
- St John’s Bakery at 153 Broadview Ave
- Blackbird Baking at 635 Queen St E #101
- Forno Cultura at 609 King St W
- Serano Bakery at 830 Pape Ave
Bread and Salt Bakehouse offers artisan breads, pizzas, desserts, and ice cream Toronto. Excellent breads, cakes, cookies, and empanadas are available at Serano Bakery.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Glory Hole Doughnuts at 1596 Queen St W
- Dipped Donuts at 161 Baldwin St #1
- Donut Hive at 3401 Dufferin St
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- The Cupcake Shoppe at 2417 Yonge St
- Sullivan & Bleeker Baking Co. at 142 Martin Ross Ave
- Surreal Sweets at 3513 Bathurst St
- Bobbette & Belle at 3347 Yonge St
- Sweet Serendipity at 1335 Danforth Ave
- Dlish Cupcakes at 833 Queen St W
The Cupcake Shoppe makes great cupcakes, cookies, bars, cake pops, and ice cream sandwiches near you with nut free options. Classic cookies, bars, cupcakes, layer cakes, loaves, scones, crumbles, tarts, pies, French macarons, confections, and more are all provided at Bobbette and Belle.
Dlish Cupcakes offers at least 20 gourmet flavors with seasonal and limited editions to choose from.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- The Candy Bar at 849 College St
- Bulk Mine at 655 Yonge St
- Sweet Thrills at 399 Roncesvalles Ave
- Sugarfina at 260 Yonge St #3
- Candy Floss Land at 3025 Lenworth Dr #5&6
Bulk Mine has been selling a number of caramels, chocolates, chewing gums, licorice, nuts, dried fruits, jelly beans, and other candies in Toronto since 1998. Tasty gummies, chocolates, cordials, bars, kosher candies, vegan sweets, candies, and more are available at Sugarfina.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Stubbe Chocolates & Pastry at 653 Dupont St
- The Chocolateria at 361 Roncesvalles Ave
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at 6301 Silver Dart Dr
- Nutty Chocolatier at 2179 Queen St E
- Purdys Chocolatier at Toronto-Dominion Centre, 66 Wellington St W
Stubbe Chocolates specializes in handcrafted local truffles, bars, sweets, and pastries. Chocolateria sells numerous assortments of cakes, chocolate bars, cocoa pumps, and more.
Artisanal chocolates, truffles, fudge, candies, and delicacies are all available at Nutty Chocolatier. Purdys Chocolatier offers a variety of chocolates, nuts, candies, truffles, and many more sweets in your area.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Fine cakes, cookies, breads, pies, pizzas, French macarons, and cinnamon buns with nondairy, eggless, and vegan options are prepared at Whisked Gluten-Free Bakery.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Daily Press Juicery at 200 Queen St W
- Village Juicery at 540 College St
- Greenhouse Juice at 5 Macpherson Ave
- Anti Vice at 853 College St
- Classic Juice at 287 Coxwell Ave
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts near you:
- Richmond Station at 1 Richmond St W
- Scaramouche Restaurant at 1 Benvenuto Pl
- Miku Toronto at 10 Bay St #105
Richmond Station is known to make some of the best desserts in Toronto including chocolate bars, crunchy apple pie with honey, handmade Canadian cheese plates, and more. Scaramouche provides a wide selection of local desserts including coconut cream pie, plum and panna cotta, lemon tart, chocolate ganache, warm apple cake, biscotti, and homemade sorbets.
We have also discussed:
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Toronto
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Toronto.