Anyone that wants to learn about the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Quebec City has found the right post. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
We will start off with the best ice cream shops in your area. Anyone that is searching for vanilla, chocolate, gelato, frozen yogurt, malts, ice cream cakes, and other frozen delights has plenty of options to choose from.
Up next we will get into bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will niche down and get into donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops near you.
Following that we will discuss some healthy dessert options in Quebec City like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops. Our last section will be about restaurants known for must have desserts in your area.
Towards the end you will find a local dessert map that has all the various venues we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. And all of you are welcome to look through our other posts around Canada at that link if you want.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you want to eat the best ice cream in Quebec City or some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Chocolato at 1015 Rue Saint-Jean
- Glacier Aberdeen at 90 Rue Aberdeen
- Bar Laitier Le Frisson at 1041 Rte de l’Église
- Tutto Gelato at 716 Rue Saint-Jean
- La Bûche Glacée at 2266 Av. Larue
- Maître Glacier Limoilou at 301 Chem. de la Canardière
In addition to soft cream and artisanal gelato Chocolato also offers ice cream sandwiches, sorbet, and homemade desserts near you that can be topped with a variety of chocolate dips. Laitier Bar Le Frisson has been serving great ice cream in Quebec City since 2004. Tutto Gelato is a gourmet gelateria that specializes in sorbets, granitas, espresso, and cookies made with fresh ingredients.
Bakeries In Your Area
These bakeries near you should have great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more:
- Paillard at 1097 Rue Saint-Jean
- Le Croquembouche at 225 Rue Saint-Joseph E
- La Boîte à Pain at 289 Rue Saint-Joseph E
- Chez Lefebvre at 1296 3e Ave
- Au Palet D’Or at 1325 Rte de l’Église
La Boîte à Pain has a wide selection of bread, pizza, sandwiches, pastries and coffees. Chez Lefebvre has been selling a wide range of bread, pastries, and other baked goods in Quebec City for more than 15 years.
Local Donut Shops
Start your morning off right at one of these donut shops:
- Beiko La Boîte à Beignes at 2778 Ch Ste-Foy
- Café Saint-Henri at 849 Rue Saint-Joseph E
Beiko has a large assortment of handcrafted donuts that are all made with vegan dough. Café Saint-Henri serves coffee, sandwiches, salads, and some of the best donuts in your area.
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops around town:
- Mlle Cupcake Petits Gâteaux at 1660 Rue de Bergerville
- Les Cupcakes de Coquelikot at 9135 Bd de l’Ormière
Mlle Cupcake offers a wide variety of cupcakes in mini and regular sizes. Vegan cupcakes are available at Les Cupcakes.
Candy Stores Near You
These local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- Les Confiseries Pinoche at 1048 Av. Cartier
- Confiserie C’est si bon at 1111 Rue Saint-Jean
Bulk candies, sweets, and chocolates are some of the more popular items at Les Confiseries Pinoche.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Buy homemade chocolate and fudge at these shops:
- Chocolats Favoris at 85 Boulevard René-Lévesque O
- Érico at 634 Rue Saint-Jean
- La Fudgerie at 717 Bd Louis-XIV
Gluten Free Bakeries
If you know of any high quality gluten-free bakeries near you please tell us in the comments but don’t forget that Les Cupcakes has some vegan offerings.
Smoothies are a good combination of tasty and healthy:
- Jugo Juice at 2700 Bd Laurier bureau 285
- Peppe Sandwicherie Bar à Jus at 47 Rue Saint-Louis
You can expect to find a wide variety of healthy smoothies and juices at any of the above. If you are after any particular juice, smoothie, bowl, or other health food check out the links we gave and see if they are on their menu.
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Lastly, these restaurants are known for their must have desserts:
- Ciel! Bistro-bar at 1225 Place Montcalm
- Nina Pizza Napolitaine St-Roch at 410 Rue Saint-Anselme
- Diner Saint-Sauveur at 450 Rue Saint-Vallier O
- Cosmos Lebourgneuf at 5700 Bd des Galeries #103
Ciel! Bistro-bar makes some of the best desserts in your area including cream brulée, lemon and peanut pie, and blackcurrant iced parfait. For more than 25 years Cosmos Lebourgneuf has been offering great desserts near you such as carrot cake, dark chocolate sponge cake, choco pralines, coffee crisp, and cosmos cake.
We have also written a:
- Montreal Local Dessert Guide
- Toronto Local Dessert Guide
- Ottawa & Gatineau Local Dessert Guide
- Boston Local Dessert Guide
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Quebec City
For now that is all we have to share but check back in because we plan to update this post often. After reading about all these shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area you should be ready to find your next sweet indulgence.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Quebec City.