Today we will be filling you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Huntsville. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Huntsville like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on this region are available at this link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Huntsville or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Marble Slab Creamery at 350 The Bridge St 112
- Three Scoops at 6125 University Dr
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream at 2100 Cecil Ashburn Dr SE
- Handel’s Ice Cream at 7086 Hwy 72 W
- Rita’s Italian Ice & Frozen Custard at 8046 Hwy 72 W
- Yogurt Mountain at 2710 Carl T Jones Dr SE G
Marble Slab Creamery offers a variety of ice cream, shakes, hand rolled waffle cones, and ice cream cakes as well as mix-in items including fruits, nuts, sweets, and pastries. Premium ice cream, hand dipped shakes, frozen yogurts, sundaes, fruit smoothies, coffee, and plenty more are provided at Three Scoops.
Over 100 ice cream and frozen yogurt flavors with fat free options as well as malts, floats, and popsicles are available at Handel’s. Their Frosty Paws and Dogsters are delicious ice cream treats for dogs that you can be sure they will love.
Rita’s specializes in cold delicacies and they are well known for their Italian ices and frozen custards. Yogurt Mountain is a self serve frozen yogurt franchise providing more than 50 toppings from fruit to candy bars as well as rotating flavors.
Melt from our restaurants with great desserts list offer really good ice creams in Huntsville too.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Edgar’s Bakery at 472 Providence Main St NW #100
- Dolce Pan Bakery at 2818 Governors Dr SW
- Baby Bite Bake Shop at 975 Airport Rd SW
- Peggy Ann Bakery at 831 Regal Dr SW
- The Moon Bakeshop at 201 Jefferson St N B
- Canadian Bakin at 501 Church St NW A
Dolce Pan Bakery has a diverse selection of local pastries and desserts. For over 60 years Peggy Ann Bakery has been making high quality cakes, cookies, and pastries near you.
You can also order tasty croissants, custom cakes, scones, and breads in addition to good coffee at The Moon Bakeshop. Freshly made hand rolled bagels and specialty breads are sold at Canadian Bakin.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Bigfoot’s Little Donuts at Clowers Shopping Center, 7914 Memorial Pkwy SW A5
- Daylight Donuts at 11823 A, Memorial Pkwy SW
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
Batter Up Cakes bakes cupcakes, cheesecakes, brownies, and pies and even provides free samples for their freshly baked cookies.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
- It’Sugar at 340 The Bridge St
It’Sugar is a candy store selling classic and giant sweets near you along with other items.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge in your area can be found at these shops:
- The Chocolate Crocodile at 350 The Bridge St 104
- Pizzelle’s Confections at 2211 Seminole Dr SW #4A
- Chocolates by Julia at 3450 AL-53 A
Some of the finest chocolates and caramel treats that are wrapped in crunchy nuts as well as milk and dark chocolate truffles, fudge bars, dipped apples, and fruit juices are available at The Chocolate Crocodile. Pizzelle’s Confections is a fine option for handcrafted artisan truffles, chocolate drinks, coffees, confections, and desserts.
You can also head to Chocolates by Julia’s for assorted chocolate truffles and seasonal chocolate covered strawberries.
Gluten Free Bakeries
Mason Dixon Bakery at 2358 Whitesburg Dr has gluten free baked goods including bread, cakes, biscuits, bagels, rolls, snacks, treats, cookies, cupcakes, pies, and cheesecakes.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- MidCity Nutrition at 4820 University Dr #6
- Weatherly Nutrition at 99 Weatherly Rd SE
- Willowbrook Nutrition at 10300 Bailey Cove Rd SE
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 2324 Whitesburg Dr SE
- Smoothie King at 6290 University Dr
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- City Cafe Diner at 2003 Drake Ave SW
- Kona Grill at 435 The Bridge St #150
- 1892 East Restaurant at 720 Pratt Ave NE
- Terranova’s Huntsville at 1420 Paramount Dr #1
- Melt at 201 Jefferson St N
City Cafe Diner offers hearty Greek, Italian, and American dishes as well as some of the best desserts in Huntsville including cheesecakes, cookies, pies, muffins, and pastries. There are fine selections of desserts including triple stack brownies as well as carrot, coconut rum, and original butter cakes at Kona Grill.
Terranova’s Italian restaurant excels at making some of the best desserts near you as well such as cream pies, strawberry tiramisu, cannoli, crème brulee, and limoncello cakes. Melt is also a good place to try classic comfort cuisine and sandwiches as well as ice cream and deep fried double stuffed oreos.
By the way we have also written about:
- Chattanooga’s Best Sweet Treats
- Birmingham’s Best Sweet Treats
- Nashville’s Best Sweet Treats
- Atlanta’s Best Sweet Treats
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies, & Cakes In Huntsville
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Huntsville.