We are about to fill you in on the best places to buy ice cream, cakes, and cookies in Salt Lake City. There are plenty of great dessert shops selling sweets around town and this guide will try to focus on the best of the best.
There is no better way to get the ball rolling than with a list of the best ice cream shops near you. Frozen yogurt, gelato, malts, and ice cream cakes are found with ease here.
Once the frozen delights are out of the way it will be time to pivot to bakeries where you can buy cakes, cookies, pastries, and all kinds of sweet treats. Then we will get into some specific things like donut shops, where to buy cupcakes, candy stores, and chocolate and fudge shops too.
Healthy dessert options in Salt Lake City like gluten free bakeries and smoothie shops are easy to find as well. And our final topic will be all about restaurants that are known for must have desserts in your area.
Stick around for our local dessert map that has all these spots that we are mentioning throughout the post pinned on it. Our other posts on this region are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
When you are craving the best ice cream in Salt Lake City or want some healthier frozen yogurt try:
- Dolcetti Gelato at 902 E 900 S
- Monkeywrench at 53 E Gallivan Ave
- Sweetaly Gelato at 1527 S 1500 E
- Penguin Brothers at 2040 S 1000 E
- Koi D Bar Rolled Icecream & Boba Tea at 655 S State St
- Ugurt at 1330 E 200 S
- TCBY at 2274 S 1300 E G17
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt at 2682 High Commons Way #200, West Valley City
Dolcetti Gelato features a rotating selection of over 150 gourmet gelato flavors along with macarons, pastries, tea, cappuccino, and other sweet treats.
Since 2017 Monkeywrench has been one of the finest vegan ice cream shops in your area offering a dozen homemade flavors every single day along with milkshakes, coffee, homemade baked goods, and more.
Freshly rolled ice cream, boba milk tea, smoothies, galaxy drinks, French press coffee, hot chocolate, hot cocoa, and tea are all available at Koi D Bar.
TCBY is a well known shop providing vegan and protein rich ice creams and frozen yogurts in SLC that are free of gluten, dairy, and GMO. Their super froyo flavors contain fiber, protein, calcium, and Vitamin D.
Over 100 rotating frozen yogurt flavors with vegan, gluten free, non dairy, kosher, low carb, and low fat options as well as 70 rotating toppings are available at Menchie’s in West Valley City.
Hatch Family Chocolates from our chocolate and fudge shops list is also a good place to try great local ice cream.
Bakeries In Your Area
Expect to find great cakes, cookies, pastries, and more at the best bakeries near you:
- Fillings & Emulsions at 1475 S Main St
- Chip Cookies at 155 E 900 S #101
- Vosen’s Bread Paradise at 328 W 200 S
- Délice Bakery & Café at 2747 S State St
- Eva’s Bakery at 155 S Main St
- Crumbl Cookies at 3515 W 3500 S, West Valley City
- Dunford Bakers at 8556 S 2940 W, West Jordan
- Schmidt’s Pastry Cottage at 1133 S Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan
- Sweet Spot Bakery & Café at 664 E Union Square, Sandy
You can buy boxes of chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough in SLC along with milk at Chip Cookies.
Vosen’s Bread Paradise is a European bakery in a century old warehouse building that offers breads, pastries, cakes, and coffee.
Délice is a classic French bakery and café serving breakfast and lunch all day as well as 60 different desserts near you with gluten free and vegan options.
Eva’s Bakery uses locally produced flour to make bread, French pastries, sandwiches, and other items.
Since 1931 Dunford Bakers has been selling some really good donuts, muffins, cookies, brownies, bread, and sweet buns in West Jordan.
Local Donut Shops
These donut shops are a great way to start your morning:
- Darla’s Donuts at 2278 S Redwood Rd
- Fresh Donuts & Deli at 2699 S State St
- Banbury Cross Donuts at 705 S 700 E
- Donut Boy at 2194 W 3500 S, West Valley City
- Duck Donuts at 10352 River Heights Dr #103, South Jordan
Where To Buy Cupcakes
There are some really good cupcake shops in your area:
- Cupcakes by Kasthuri at 824 400 W #B112
- Sweet Tooth Fairy at 1334 Foothill Dr
- So Cupcake at 4002 Highland Dr, Millcreek
Cupcakes by Kasthuri is an organic, all natural, and non GMO artisan cupcake shop near you offering vegan and gluten free options.
You can find a children’s play area that prepares specialized cupcakes on a daily basis as well as local custom order cakes at So Cupcake.
Candy Stores Near You
Local candy stores should have a wide variety of sugary treats to choose from:
There are thousands of bottled soda pops and candies from all around America and the world at Rocket Fizz.
Sweet Candy sells over 250 high quality candy items in bulk, bags, and boxes on a national and worldwide scale including holiday, sugar free, nostalgic candies, luxury chocolate sweets, chocolate covered peanut clusters, marshmallow Easter eggs, and Jelly Beans.
Chocolate & Fudge Shops
Great homemade chocolate and fudge can be found at these shops:
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at 50 S Main St
- See’s Candies at 2107 S 700 E
- V Chocolates at 850 S Main St #2922
- Hatch Family Chocolates at 376 8th Ave
- Mrs. Cavanaugh’s Chocolates at 835 N Pointe Cir
Milk chocolates, dark chocolates, truffles, sweets, and more are available at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
V Chocolates is known for its chocolate dipped fruits, sweets, littles, gift collections, holiday collections, caramels, and truffles.
Hatch Family Chocolates is a great place to go for hand dipped chocolates and sweet treats in your area as well as homemade ice cream and their popular hot chocolate drink.
You can also buy premium chocolates at Sweet Candy from our best candy stores in Salt Lake City list.
Gluten Free Bakeries
For a healthier alternative try one of these gluten free bakeries:
- Good Food Gluten Free Bakery at 423, A-113, W 800 S
- City Cakes & Café at 1860 S 300 W D
- Mrs. Hewitt’s at 395 Lawndale Dr
City Cakes is a family owned local bakery and café making gluten free and vegan desserts and breads on site including cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, cookies, scones, pies, and other occasion cakes.
Some of the products that you can buy at Mrs Hewitt include cookie dough, cookie bites, triple chocolate brownie bites, big gourmet cookies, and more as well as a variety of baking mixes for pancakes and waffles, cornbread, focaccia bread, and chocolate brownies.
Délice Bakery and Café and Cupcakes by Kasthuri who we have linked you to already also offer many gluten free items.
Smoothies can be a great tasty and healthy snack:
- Just Organic Juices at 2030 S 900 E
- Vive Juicery at 1597 S 1100 E
- Roxberry Juice Co. at 28 State St #114
- Brass Smoothies at 925 E 900 S #103
- Vitality Bowls at 51 S Main St #140
Local Restaurants With Great Desserts
Many would agree these restaurants have great desserts:
- Buds at 509 E 300 S
- Spitz at 35 E Broadway
- Red Iguana at 736 W North Temple
- Rodizio Grill at 600 S 700 E 2nd Floor
- Gourmandise at 250 S 300 E
Buds Snug serves unique vegan sandwiches, salads, and great cookies that are their signature desserts.
Spitz is a Mediterranean restaurant providing great desserts in Salt Lake City including unicorn baklava nut rolls and cinnamon sugar pita chips in addition to healthy and delectable wraps, döners, salads, fries, and more with vegan and vegetarian options.
Traditional caramel or chocolate flan, fried ice cream, mango cheesecake, and homemade sopapillas are among the great desserts near you available at Red Iguana.
Some of Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse’s dessert options include torta brigadeiro, pudim de leite, rabanada, crème brûlée, romeu e julieta cheesecake, and bolo brigadeiro.
Gourmandise has an all day cafe menu that is known for its homemade local desserts featuring their strawberry Mielle Feuille, crème brulee, and English bread pudding.
By the way we have also written about:
- Our Favorite Desserts in Provo
- Our Favorite Desserts in Las Vegas
- Our Favorite Desserts in Denver
- Our Favorite Desserts in Boise
Enjoy Ice Cream, Cookies & Cakes In Salt Lake City
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all these local shops to buy ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, pastries, other bakery items, cupcakes, donuts, chocolate, fudge, candy, gluten free baked goods, smoothies, and even restaurants with can’t miss desserts in your area finding your next sweet indulgence shouldn’t be too hard.
Please use the comments to let us know if any shops have closed down, or if we posted anything that is incorrect. Now have fun eating your ice cream, cookies, and cakes in Salt Lake City.